TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I hate the beer, I'm very anti-alcoholic I hate it. All you get is a bunch of grown men which had a glass to much running around. That's not fun. I wish valleyfair didn't even have bars.

If you don't like beer, then when you get older don't drink it. No reason to rain on everyone else's parade. People like you are why people like me drink beer.

Haha my moms a surgeon champion, the things she has shows me what it causes I need no part in what so ever!

Yeah, she probably showed you what it does to a true life long alcoholic. If you chug a liter of Vodka or have a couple 13, 14 drinks each day, yeah it will destroy your body. Nothing wrong with kicking back some brewskies..

Has Dr. Mom showed you what will happen to your pecker if you have sex? I would avoid that too if I were you..

Ok now lets keep this clean. There's nothing wrong with with the guy stating his opinion. If he choses not to drink thats great! If you all choose to drink thats fine. I dont drink alcohol myself. I have but never saw the appeal of it. The only thing i ask is that you all dont drink and drive. Its not worth the risk!

Was at the park today, overall, it was a great day, but one thing caught me off gaurd. I was on seat number 1 of the blue power tower. When I pulled down the harness, it popped back up about 4 to 5 inches! I could almost slide my whole body under the harness. I told the the dude checking the harnesses and he just brushed it off. To be honest, I did not feel safe at all. I am a 6 foot 2 inch man, and it was very loose, and I should not have been able to slide my body under the harness. Imagine a younger person that is a lot smaller, they could have easily slid out if they tried. Has anyone else experienced something similar to this? I don't feel like riding power tower ever again, it just didn't feel safe.

Was at the park today, overall, it was a great day, but one thing caught me off gaurd. I was on seat number 1 of the blue power tower. When I pulled down the harness, it popped back up about 4 to 5 inches! I could almost slide my whole body under the harness. I told the the dude checking the harnesses and he just brushed it off. To be honest, I did not feel safe at all. I am a 6 foot 2 inch man, and it was very loose, and I should not have been able to slide my body under the harness. Imagine a younger person that is a lot smaller, they could have easily slid out if they tried. Has anyone else experienced something similar to this? I don't feel like riding power tower ever again, it just didn't feel safe.

That happened to me once on the red power tower and I panicked and showed the person next to me (I didn't know them) and she said they will come check it. Well instead the power tower went up and stopped like it does at first. And I was like holy crap! And the lady next to me could not stop laughing and said "that sucks." I was practically crying as it lifted to the top. Needless to say I lived, haha. But, every time I've been on it since I pull it down as far as it'll go and until it locks in. That ride terrifies me as it is, I don't need anything extra.

I have experienced a similar situation at the Indiana Beach S&S tower (Which if you have been at Indiana Beach you know the true power of that thing, so that was terrifying). The thing moved a little, and then the operator came around and pushed down the restraints.

I find it hard to imagine that they would allow the restraint to go that far up and still run the ride.

The same restraint problem happened to me on the space shot a couple years back, I'm 13 fairly skinny and extremely short, I've never hung on that ride but that time I did, the guy said it was the "fun seat" except it was up more than 4 to 5 inches. I thought I was going to die

I realize that route 76 and the waterpark expansions were good expansions, but carowinds just recieved a giga and now they are getting a waterpark EXPANSION the size of our waterpark! And route 76 was just relocating a few rides and bringing I think 1 more in, and they did get a huge pavilion, wonder why they would need it, probably because they were expecting a huge attendance boost when they got a few slides.

I realize that route 76 and the waterpark expansions were good expansions, but carowinds just recieved a giga and now they are getting a waterpark EXPANSION the size of our waterpark! And route 76 was just relocating a few rides and bringing I think 1 more in, and they did get a huge pavilion, wonder why they would need it, probably because they were expecting a huge attendance boost when they got a few slides.

Carowinds pulls in twice the guest that VF gets. Plus there were tax incentives for Carowinds that VF does not receive.

^^Valleyfair also has a lot of reorganizing to do to make any type of large expansion possible, and a lot more red tape to deal with to get there. All they can do now is basically infill, but if that plan for the new perimeter road and second entrance gets approved, the waterpark will be able to easily double in size in a few years.

Carowinds draws more people than Valleyfair which leads to more revenue which leads to bigger expansions. Plus Carowinds is going through a huge $50 million re-development plan, so you're making an extremely unfair comparison between VF & CAR.

I can gaurantee that Carowinds does not make enough profit to justify the expansion they have been getting the last few years. Yes, they do have a higher attendance than Valleyfair but Cedar Fair recognizes the growth potential in that region and they are doing what it takes to realize that potential.

What they are doing at Carowinds makes me excited for Valleyfair because they both were pointed out by Cedar Fair as parks that will be receiving significant growth! If Valleyfair gets a multi year expansion that's even close to Carowinds then we have a lot to look forward to!

Kings Island is getting a new Soak City water park expansion in 2016 along with new toll lanes. I hope Valleyfair would follow Kings Island and Carowinds and do some more general improvements. We could also use a new toll lane plaza entrance like the one at Carowinds. One thing I notice to that the main front parking lot could use some new re striping for next year its starting to fade a bit and do some more re paving in certain areas of the main lot like around the Steel Venom area.

^

I agree that new parking toll booths would be nice since the current ones really aren't much of anything.

On another note, a few days ago, the Twitter page Valleyfair Fan Page posted this picture of a 40th anniversary VF logo on a season pass advertisement somewhere in the park. Of course, nothing's confirmed, but this makes me think that VF might be having a season-long 40th anniversary celebration next year similar to what Kings Dominion did in 2014 with a few new small rides and some other improvements.

image.thumb.jpg.26163fe25159d28938874e748e1257da.jpg

Valleyfair is packed today. I just came out of the park. The re admission exit is at least 15 minute wait just to get your hand stamp line was under the clock tower. The main lot is 3/3 full filling up fast. I thought it was going to be a slow Saturday with the state fair but I was wrong and most of the food buildings have wait times. I did get two re rides on Steel Venom this morning but the park filled up very fast. I say it's more busy right now then the 4th of July. This is great for the park seeing it this busy. Going back on Sunday.

Wait Times:

Not even 1:30pm.

(1) Renegade: Two trains running hour wait.

(2) Excalibur: 1 Hour.

(3) Looping Star Ship: 1/2 hour wait full ship.

(4) Mad Mouse: 1 hour.

(5) Wild Thing: 1 hour 30 minutes.

(6) High Roller: 1 Hour.

(7) Corkscrew: 1 hour 30 minute wait time line is all the way to the bottom of the entrance.

(8) Ferris Wheel: 1/2 hour wait.

(9) The Monster: 1/2 hour wait.

(10) Enterprise: 1/2 hour wait.

(11) Steel Venom: 1 hour 30 minutes.

(12) Extreme Swing: Full que line.

(13) Power Tower: 1 hour.

(14) Route 76: Full que line.

(15) Scrambler: 1/2 hour.

(16) Tilt a Whirl: 1/2 hour.

Edited by ACES

The park is really busy right now. (I find this shocking). How shocking is it for Excalibur to have a 1 hour wait time full que line? Doesn't happen that much only on really busy days. I have seen the line full early this year during the school field trip days.

I was around from 10-3 today. Crowds started very minimal, but by noon the park was packed. Rode some rides to look at Haunt stuff, walked a stroll with Street Beat (yay friends!), and went to the waterpark. All rides by noon had really decent sized lines. In Soak City I noticed some yellow and white paint all over the sidewalks, some with "exit" and whatnot- not sure what it's about since I haven't been to SC this season until today (is there a Haunt attraction going back there?). Such a busy Saturday!

I was around from 10-3 today. Crowds started very minimal, but by noon the park was packed. Rode some rides to look at Haunt stuff, walked a stroll with Street Beat (yay friends!), and went to the waterpark. All rides by noon had really decent sized lines. In Soak City I noticed some yellow and white paint all over the sidewalks, some with "exit" and whatnot- not sure what it's about since I haven't been to SC this season until today (is there a Haunt attraction going back there?). Such a busy Saturday!

Hellside farm is moving to SC. If/when the train is back up it will run during the day for the hopefully for the haunt.