TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Wow! What a tough crowd! You all sound so sad

Just a week ago all the talk was about either Valleyfair isn't getting anything this year or it was about Wild Thing. Now we have a date, we know we are getting a capital improvement, and now its all "all we'll get is this or that" "So boring" Come on people lets get more creative in our speculation!

Six Flags did announce a bunch of new expansions but only a couple are roller coasters. Most of the expansions are geared towards kids or another Larson Looper. Cedar Fair has already announced a few really cool expansions and more announcements are coming.

I'm going to start off the optimistic speculations. Here we go! Again, these are ONLY predictions and do not come from any direct knowledge!

1. Valleyfair will begin a very comprehensive reworking of the entire back of the park in 2016. (Yes, we already guessed that, I know) Also, the amphitheater may come down finally this off season or during the 2016 operating season.

2. A new coaster is a one and half year endeavor meaning that we should look for new coaster footings to start showing up probably in July of next year if 2017 is our year for a new coaster! Where? my guess would be in the back of the park and not in the front although Mr. Ouimet stated recently in a LA newspaper that there is a couple of more parks at least that will be getting a front gate entrance coaster like Cedar Point. He did say that not all parks would get one and listed two of them. Valleyfair was not listed. He listed Canada's Wonderland and either KD or KI (Cant remember which). That leaves 7 possible parks. There is a chance for Valleyfair.

3. I do believe we may get a Flying Scooter but I would not be surprised to see us get maybe two new flats. Possibly even a Delirium clone like KD is getting.

4. I also believe we are getting another massive waterpark expansion whether or not the Army Corp of Engineers permits gets approved in time. So I think we will see at least two more water park additions in the coming years. I could see Valleyfair moving Looping starship to make way for another slide tower complex as well as replacing the old splash pad with a new large interactive water play structure.

5. Lastly, because it's Valleyfair's 40th Anniversary, I wouldn't be surprised to see more classic ride refurbishments as well as lots of promo's like bringing prices on certain items down to what they were in 1976.

I really am thinking that this coming announcement will be a very pleasant surprise to everyone. I think its going to be much bigger that what most people are thinking. Again, just my thoughts. These are not based on direct knowledge just my predictions!

Wow! What a tough crowd! You all sound so sad

Just a week ago all the talk was about either Valleyfair isn't getting anything this year or it was about Wild Thing. Now we have a date, we know we are getting a capital improvement, and now its all "all we'll get is this or that" "So boring" Come on people lets get more creative in our speculation!

Six Flags did announce a bunch of new expansions but only a couple are roller coasters. Most of the expansions are geared towards kids or another Larson Looper. Cedar Fair has already announced a few really cool expansions and more announcements are coming.

I'm going to start off the optimistic speculations. Here we go! Again, these are ONLY predictions and do not come from any direct knowledge!

1. Valleyfair will begin a very comprehensive reworking of the entire back of the park in 2016. (Yes, we already guessed that, I know) Also, the amphitheater may come down finally this off season or during the 2016 operating season.

2. A new coaster is a one and half year endeavor meaning that we should look for new coaster footings to start showing up probably in July of next year if 2017 is our year for a new coaster! Where? my guess would be in the back of the park and not in the front although Mr. Ouimet stated recently in a LA newspaper that there is a couple of more parks at least that will be getting a front gate entrance coaster like Cedar Point. He did say that not all parks would get one and listed two of them. Valleyfair was not listed. He listed Canada's Wonderland and either KD or KI (Cant remember which). That leaves 7 possible parks. There is a chance for Valleyfair.

3. I do believe we may get a Flying Scooter but I would not be surprised to see us get maybe two new flats. Possibly even a Delirium clone like KD is getting.

4. I also believe we are getting another massive waterpark expansion whether or not the Army Corp of Engineers permits gets approved in time. So I think we will see at least two more water park additions in the coming years. I could see Valleyfair moving Looping starship to make way for another slide tower complex as well as replacing the old splash pad with a new large interactive water play structure.

5. Lastly, because it's Valleyfair's 40th Anniversary, I wouldn't be surprised to see more classic ride refurbishments as well as lots of promo's like bringing prices on certain items down to what they were in 1976.

I really am thinking that this coming announcement will be a very pleasant surprise to everyone. I think its going to be much bigger that what most people are thinking. Again, just my thoughts. These are not based on direct knowledge just my predictions!

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion, man.

I'm at the waterpark right now. I assumed since it's the last weekend, people are going out of town for Labor Day, the fair is going on that it wouldn't be that busy. I was very very wrong. I've never seen the lines so busy for breakers pipeline/plunge.

There's room for a pretty nice family play structure next to the new Splash pad where the volleyball court and Looping Starship are. Might make sense to put it there, and replace the existing body and speed slide complex and old splash pad with a new body + tube slide complex.

I don't think so. I think management is well aware of what needs attention at Valleyfair, and what doesn't. Who's ever said "boy, this park sure has a lousy collection of flat rides". And management probably isn't thinking "We'd better get a Larson Flyers or people are going to stop coming. But then again Route 76 wasn't correcting an obvious problem and came out of nowhere, so who knows.

Do you guys think a Delrium clone is possible for 2016? It would kinda compete against Nick Universe's new flat ride.

I love Frisbee-style rides, but I'd rather wait and see if Delirium at KD turns out to be a success because it is being built by Mondial, the world's most reliable ride manufacturer .

I don't think so. I think management is well aware of what needs attention at Valleyfair, and what doesn't. Who's ever said "boy, this park sure has a lousy collection of flat rides". And management probably isn't thinking "We'd better get a Larson Flyers or people are going to stop coming. But then again Route 76 wasn't correcting an obvious problem and came out of nowhere, so who knows.

Route 76 definitely fixed an obvious problem. That side of the park had literally nothing except Steel Venom and useless go carts.

I love Frisbee-style rides, but I'd rather wait and see if Delirium at KD turns out to be a success because it is being built by Mondial, the world's most reliable ride manufacturer .

I guess Psyclone at Canada's Wonderland has been running well and it's been there over ten years.

When I made my first-ever trip to the park last week, I took note of what the park has and what way I thought the park should go from this point. One thing i noticed was how popular the flat rides were, and how the park had a great selection of them.

A ride like KD's upcoming Delirium (which is what Canada's Wonderland already has... the Mondial model) might be a little too much ride for that park, but a Chance Revolution 24 (Dorney, Knotts and Great America has one) would be a better size and be more comparable to what Nick Universe is getting. I could see that and a Flying Scooter as a new ride package with Looping Starship being retired and that area opened up a bit to a better traffic flow. The back off the park just has too many curves and could use more of a break or split of the paths.

Other possible flat rides good for Valleyfair:

- Starflyer (at or under 200')

- Gerstlauer Skyroller (what Wonderland is getting)

Other possible flat rides good for Valleyfair:

- Starflyer (at or under 200')

- Gerstlauer Skyroller (what Wonderland is getting)

My inner rollercoaster tycoon yearns for a starflyer in Wild Thing's turnaround. Would be reminiscent of GoldStriker and the observation tower at CGA, and the curb appeal would be great!

^ I wouldn't expect CF to buy a Starflyer anyway. CF goes with the Mondial version.

I think they learned their lesson after the countless problems they've had with Mondial while watching Six Flags blow them out of the water with a similar ride. Not saying they're gonna buy a Starflyer, just saying that, if they're smart, they won't throw more money into the Mondial toilet.

^ I wouldn't expect CF to buy a Starflyer anyway. CF goes with the Mondial version.

I think they learned their lesson after the countless problems they've had with Mondial while watching Six Flags blow them out of the water with a similar ride. Not saying they're gonna buy a Starflyer, just saying that, if they're smart, they won't throw more money into the Mondial toilet.

Oh Mr.Expert on everything, you are quite the funny face.

You realize Adventureland built one too and hasn't had ANY issues with their ride, correct?

Yeah, I figured you forgot about that installation

Oh Mr.Expert on everything, you are quite the funny face.

You realize Adventureland built one too and hasn't had ANY issues with their ride, correct?

Yeah, I figured you forgot about that installation

This was a bit over the top. Sometimes I think you're just trying to start meaningless arguments and get people fired up for no reason. My advice to you--chill out.