TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Magnum has awful lap bars that kill your legs. Layout is fine, but your legs will be bruised after the ride

If you tighten the seatbelt as much as possible, it prevents the thigh-crushing on the ejector hills. It worked for me.

Magnum is just a more thrilling ride all around vs. Wild Thing. It is not as smooth as WT but definitely more thrilling. A tighter, quicker turn around plus a mid course brake not jacked to the hilt actually allows good airtime on the bunny hills for the return trip to the station. I have never had the lap bar pain on the legs that some people talk about but I am 6' 1'' so maybe that has something to do with it.

@coasterbill why I am always liking your posts? lol

The only Morgan I've done is Steel Force but agreed 100% the airtime was insane on Magnum. Its good on SF, but Magnum was another level.

Such a great ride, immediately into my top 10. Ive heard boatload of complaints about the lapbars and I dont know if I just accidentally did the seatbelt trick or what but the lapbar didnt bother me at all. Maybe I just have meaty thighs lmao.

I'm planning to be at the park Fourth of July on a Saturday from 9:00am till 1:00pm just to tour the park see how the lines are. I got my vacation time off July 29 till August 5. I'm planning to visit Silver Dollar City, Six Flags St Louis, Six Flags Great America two days Saturday Sunday. Adventureland my very first visit add some coasters to my list along with Silver Dollar City. I'm also going to buy the Six Flags Gold Season pass save you a tone of money free parking to $173.00 buy online. Saturday I'm going to buy the flash pass try it one day see how it goes. Print off the paper work on your computer show it when you get to the park. Also my very first visit to Silver Dollar City to. Getting ready excited for Outlaw Run and Goliath not to mention lots of B&Ms .

I saw the new food stand by Wild Thing this morning.

Edited by ACES

I was at the park today. Overall it was a great time. The lines were long in the morning due to a few large groups that visited today. Renegade is still running one train, the wait was about 40 minutes. It was worth the wait though because Renegade was running great, lots of airtime. Also, the new haunt building has all 4 walls up, but it definitely is not big enough for a dark ride. Sorry I don't have pictures, but if you want a good view of the construction you can either do the obvious and look at the Web cam or you can get a great view from the top of Mad Mouse. Another thing to mention is that today Wild Thing was running trains 2 and 3. Train 1 was sitting on the transfer track. Odd, I though train 2 was the one with the issue. Overall it was a great day, can't wait to see what the park does for 2016.

Have fun, I'm slightly jealous as I love Silver Dollar City. I would definitely consider a Flash Pass at SFGAm if your going to be there on a Saturday.

Yes. There were 90 minute wait times at SFGAm on a Tuesday, I can't imagine the place on a Saturday.

Cant imagine what the place will be like on Saturday

I'm going Saturday Agust 1st Sunday August 2. I'm going to do the flash pass so I'll see what it's like will be my first time using a fast lane maybe I'll give a review when I get back.

Hey guys, what are we getting this year. There's absolutely NO rumors which is sad some markings around the park but not much at all. Plus Exclaibur does have a WHITE marking in the entrance look very closely and when you see it it's about the size of a softball. I think this could mean something. Plus I think enterprise should be relocated and repainted moved next to corkscrew, and then we get a Larson flyers ride. Then we could have a something called "corkscrew courtyard" which is a themed area...it would include (enterprise, Larson, monster, and corkscrew. With all these themed areas we could become a theme park.

something tells me I'm not wrong...

With a coaster I think 2017/2018, what would it be called though. I don't think falcon because that name isn't as cool as it was back in 2001. How thinks we should have gotten the b&m invert over the intaimin impulse coaster?

Have a great day everyone!

Hey guys, what are we getting this year. There's absolutely NO rumors which is sad some markings around the park but not much at all. Plus Exclaibur does have a WHITE marking in the entrance look very closely and when you see it it's about the size of a softball. I think this could mean something.

I think the park will still get a new attraction for 2016, though it likely won't be anything too big because the new parking lot/employee road will probably eat up most of the budget. My guess is that it's either Larson Flyers or a small waterpark addition (maybe something like Typhoon at Canada's Wonderland).

I think we may see a new themed area similar to Route 76 you could add the flyers to, maybe an air race plus some sprucing up the park for the 40th anniversary next year. Of course a B&M invert is better than an impulse coaster, but it doesn't help to discuss it 12 years later.

I'm going to Six Flags St Louis. July 29 August 5. One day. I'd like to see a Xcalibur thrill ride.

At the park this morning. Renegade was running train to I didn't notice anything wrong. I was talking with one of the ride ops said on the 4th of July Wild Thing will be running all three trains along with Renegade two trains I'd hope both turbo drops on Power Tower wi be running as well. I'm going to tour the park on the 4th of July 9:00am till 1:00pm see how busy it will be. I did ten re rides on Renegade thanks to the ride ops not having me to walk all the way around the que for a second ride pick a open seat.

Water Park Expansion

Is this a good idea? Relocate the Looping Star Ship somewhere else remove the volley ball courts move the food truck somewhere else in the water park relocate the Soak City water park enterance over by the new black gate were Mad Mouse is or down by the rumor Excalibur Soak City parking lot is going to be then level out that whole area to build a new slide tower snake pit package hydroblaster come back or a giant tornado room for the next water park expansion.

I'm also curious for the next water park expansion were and what will it be specially for the location to?

Larson Flyers. Water Park Expansion. New Thrill Ride. That's it for 2016 my prediction.

Edited by ACES

Do any other Cedar Fair parks have water coasters or flowriders? Wondering if there's any chance of those at all.

The only Cedar Fair FlowRider is at Kings Island's waterpark, and I believe there's a water coaster at Castaway Bay (indoor waterpark in Sandusky). A FlowRider might be a good replacement for the old Splash Station.

Chaos. People liked it but it was a maintenance and safety nightmare. There was an incident at Michigan's Adventure and Cedar Fair got rid of all them in all the parks, and other chains have been removing them too.