TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I'm going to Hamburg for a week in about a month around mid to late may, can anyone testify as to how busy the park might be around 14-21 of May? I'd like to go (hoping Colossos could just maybe open by then) the park seems to be open an hour longer on the weekend in that period but if it's significantly busier than the weekdays then there's no benefit.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ If I where you I would go to Hansa Park instead as it is about the same distance away from Hamburg and you will have a much better day there

I mean ideally I'll be going to both Haven't done either, just have no idea how busy either of them are really around this time of year, never been to Germany before.

^ If I where you I would go to Hansa Park instead as it is about the same distance away from Hamburg and you will have a much better day there

I mean ideally I'll be going to both Haven't done either, just have no idea how busy either of them are really around this time of year, never been to Germany before.

Sounds good I don’t think it will be very busy during that time so you should be fine

Those trims where there before they closed it, you could not feel them at all

They actually added an additional trim and turned them all up, unfortunately. Compare the first POV's from 8 years ago to the new testing footage where the train crawls into that newly-themed airtime hill with no airtime potential.

At least she lives though.

I don't think there was a lot of pre-announcement, it feels like it came out of nowhere because checking the website for a while it seemed there never was a date (I think the date came out on the 17th so the day before yesterday only) but anyway, Colossos opened today!

^

True, the trains are new, but I didn't read anything about the manufacturer yet. Has anyone?

I think that they're Intamin, they look just like the ones on El Toro and T Express.

^

True, the trains are new, but I didn't read anything about the manufacturer yet. Has anyone?

I think that they're Intamin, they look just like the ones on El Toro and T Express.

Okay.. Is it true that the old trains were from Gerstlauer? I have that memorized, but I can't find anything about that online, so I may be wrong.

Okay.. Is it true that the old trains were from Gerstlauer?

I don't think so, the old trains look pretty much exactly like what are currently running on Balder at Liseberg.

After missing Colossus with our visit to the park last year, and the only time we rode it was in the opening month 18(!) years ago, we decided to drive the 300 miles to visit the park last friday, mainly just to ride Colossus.

Did 2 rides on it, with a 20-30 min wait time for each one. It was a little too chilly for our taste to do more.

The ride was good, speed is maintained very well throughout the whole ride and there is (still) plenty of airtime from beginning to end.

The only little thing ‘ negative’ for me personaly was that the ride is smooth.....very smooth. Really felt like a RMC , just without the crazy things they are famous for.

When i ride a wood coaster I wanna feel that i’m on a wood coaster, but Colossus is as smooth as a baby’s bottom.

Still liked the ride, but not completely my taste for a woodie.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I'll take a very smooth colossus thanks!!!

Can’t really remember how smooth/shaky it was the only time I rode it before the closure(it was 18 years ago), but it is smooth now!

^^I rode it about a month or so before it went down for all this a couple years ago and it was an incredibly brutal ride. Like, brain stem slam at the bottom of every hill brutal. An amazing ride and all the airtime was there, but I could only bear to ride it 2 or 3 times.

I’ll also take smooth Colossos.

Anybody have an answer (or guesstimate) on why this ride aged so poorly compared to El Toro? Are they really replacing track pieces often on El Toro or doing that much better of maintenance compared to Heide? Or was there design changes from this first model to those following?

• 2 weeks later...

Rode Colossos last week. It's (almost) as smooth as butter. The new theming looks good too and looking at the expressions of the guests adds some value to the ride as well.

I had not ridden before it's re-track but found the airtime to be plentiful (people have been saying it has gotten a lot weaker). Sustained ejector on every hill in the front, and ejector and some floater in the back (those last bunny hops are a lot better in the front). There are trims on the first two hills but you don't really notice them. All in all, the ride is (still) amazing, not my favorite woodie, but still pretty high up there.

• 5 months later...

We are going to Heide Park this wednesday. Any idea about how busy the park could be? Is it worth getting express buttler? From what I remember, if the que is not long enough, you can´t even use it? Just wondering if it´s worth getting it, since park might be a bit more busy during week days too, since it´s Halloween?

Check if it's available online before you visit. I bought mine in advance.

It basically got me right onto every ride so I thought it was worth every penny. I was there on a cold and miserable summer day and the park was still busy since that doesn't deter Europeans like us Americans.