TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

^Tacking onto the above questions...

Some friends and I are visiting Hansa Park and Heide Park in mid-June. Unfortunately, due to scheduling, we'll have to do one of them on a Saturday (and the other on a Sunday).

Does anyone have advice on which park we should do on which day? Is one park more susceptible to Saturday crowds than the other? The issue is that Heide Park seems to have a lot more rides to experience...but Colossos is probably the only coaster we'll care to reride (hopefully a few times). Whereas Hansa Park seems smaller with fewer rides...but Karnan, Fluch Von Norgod, and Nessie all seem super re-rideable.

Would love to hear thoughts from locals or anyone who's been in a similar situation with these parks before!

On 4/19/2022 at 1:50 AM, coasterBro said:

Is Colossus the thing to rope drop now? Because I'm staying at the on-site hotel, so it'd make way more sense for me to start with Krake and Flug der Damonen. But I'm not sure.

Their website says "attractions close at least 1 hour earlier" than the posted operating hours. How much more than an hour earlier? And why? Is this like where they cut off the line so everyone can go home at park close time? Or do they start shutting things down mid-afternoon if the park is slow that day?

Any other tips/advice I should keep in mind? I've heard that this isn't the best park in Germany, and that's fine. But I do want to try to make the most out of the day I'll have there.

I visited Heide Park last year in september. We stayed in the 'Holiday Camp', which has a dedicated park entrance (next to Scream). We started our two days with Dämonen and then Bobbahn and Limit and we then just made a tour around the park. I recommend to do these rides first, because right after park opening, the lines are usually short for these rides. I wouldn't go to Krake first, since it is the first big ride visitors pass when they enter the park via the main entrance.

On the second day of our visit, it was raining like hell during the afternoon, but it stopped raining around 3pm. At that moment, the park was already dead (it was a weekday and no school holiday, so before the rain it was already really calm at the park), but all (major) rides stayed open until 5 pm (1 hour before the official park closure).

It was so calm when it stopped raining that I could do 11 consecutive rides on Dämonen without me having to leave my seat once between 4 and 5 pm.

11 hours ago, DBru said:

^Tacking onto the above questions...

Some friends and I are visiting Hansa Park and Heide Park in mid-June. Unfortunately, due to scheduling, we'll have to do one of them on a Saturday (and the other on a Sunday).

Does anyone have advice on which park we should do on which day? Is one park more susceptible to Saturday crowds than the other?

I have no idea at all. My prediction is that it will depend on the weather that weekend. The park you visit on the best day will probably be the busiest...

We usually go the Heide Park first, since it is the closest to home for us, so we can have more sleep on the night prior to the trip.

• Like 1