TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Off topic for a minute:

Anybody notice the new music video loop in some of the ride queues?

Well, when we were waiting for Tatsu for ERT they had that song "Pumped up Kicks" on.

There is a line in the song that goes:

"All the other kids with the pumped up kicks,

You better run, better run, outrun my gun."

The park actually cut out the word "Gun" in the video. I mean, I know SFMM has had gang problems in the past, but is hearing the word "Gun" really going to cause another riot? It's not like TLC is ever going to play in the park again.

It's just a radio edit that some stations use. We have two pop stations in GR, one allows gun, one doesn't.

This is true with most six flags parks. SFGAdv videos say gun in the line for green lantern, while walking around the park it's cut out.

2013 - New Coaster - (2/27/12) Screamscape sources who attended West Coast Bash came back with a little info about what The Mountain has in store for the old Log Jammer site. For starters… it wont be an AquaTrax. (LOL!) It will be big enough that I’m hearing that the park may have to make an announcement around July 4th however, and that will will break some kind of record. The removal of the old Metro monorail beamway will continue to remove it inside the old tunnel station as well. That’s said, I think it’s safe to assume that whatever this new coaster will be may put the old tunnel to use for something. Could be a queue… but if it was big enough for the Metro, it should be big enough for a coaster car to pass through, right?

Speaking of which… I wouldn’t count on seeing anything from B&M go in here. The rumored list of supplier is short, but so far my top leads have led me to believe we could be seeing some kind of new creation from Premier Rides. Premier is building the new Superman concept coaster at SFDK for 2012 after all and impressed the coaster fans at Kennywood with SkyRocket back in 2010, and has always been known for their impressive Launched coasters (Mr. Freeze is still awe inspiring BTW), just to give you an some ideas of what kind of elements could be included here.

I told him it would be a project by Premier back in September but he thought I was on crack. EDIT: I noticed I posted something about Premier on Page 2296. Edited by AnonymousReed

2013 - New Coaster - (2/27/12) Screamscape sources who attended West Coast Bash came back with a little info about what The Mountain has in store for the old Log Jammer site. For starters… it wont be an AquaTrax. (LOL!) It will be big enough that I’m hearing that the park may have to make an announcement around July 4th however, and that will will break some kind of record. The removal of the old Metro monorail beamway will continue to remove it inside the old tunnel station as well. That’s said, I think it’s safe to assume that whatever this new coaster will be may put the old tunnel to use for something. Could be a queue… but if it was big enough for the Metro, it should be big enough for a coaster car to pass through, right?

Speaking of which… I wouldn’t count on seeing anything from B&M go in here. The rumored list of supplier is short, but so far my top leads have led me to believe we could be seeing some kind of new creation from Premier Rides. Premier is building the new Superman concept coaster at SFDK for 2012 after all and impressed the coaster fans at Kennywood with SkyRocket back in 2010, and has always been known for their impressive Launched coasters (Mr. Freeze is still awe inspiring BTW), just to give you an some ideas of what kind of elements could be included here.

I told him it would be a project by Premier back in September but he thought I was on crack.

Announcement around the 7/4? If that is true, then it really is something big

...And SFMM's lack of airtime streak will continue it looks like. I do like Premier launch coasters though.

Guess I'll have to look to Knotts for some type of airtime fix in 2013...

Maybe, maybe not just b/c this may turn out to be a multi-launched coaster with a record breaking loop doesn't mean airtime couldn't be thrown in there too. Either way I'm getting more excited with each new update showing more land cleared b/c it's looking like this thing what ever it is will be HUGE!!!

Also if it's Premier that's a great thing b/c if it does have a loop and airtime we don't have to worry about OTSR's ruining the airtime since Premiers use lapbars even on their inverting coasters

Edited by Gigalyte

I know people are saying this might be a Premier ride, but I really think it will be either Intamin or Mack. Based on Premier's history, it doesn't seem like they would be one to build a large sprawling coaster like this will likely be. I would also be surprised if it doesn't have some airtime moments in it. After all, there is a really good chance this will be the longest coaster at SFMM, and it would be great if they tried to incorporate as much as possible into the ride. Perhaps we'll get a ride with a launch through the tunnel, a giant loop, a magnetic lift with a vertical/beyond vertical drop, a bunch of airtime hills, a low to the ground twister section, and more all in one ride.

Hey everyone,

I found a couple of interesting videos at random, and thought some of you might like to see them.

This one is the full pre-show film from Apocalypse: http://ao-ent.com/apocalypse/

And this one is a behind-the-scenes video talking about how they made the pre-show: http://ao-ent.com/the-apocalypse-behind-the-scenes/

The firm's site (http://ao-ent.com) also has a bunch of other SFMM promos, mostly the same ones that have been used in the queue lines at the park.

I know people are saying this might be a Premier ride, but I really think it will be either Intamin or Mack. Based on Premier's history, it doesn't seem like they would be one to build a large sprawling coaster like this will likely be. I would also be surprised if it doesn't have some airtime moments in it. After all, there is a really good chance this will be the longest coaster at SFMM, and it would be great if they tried to incorporate as much as possible into the ride. Perhaps we'll get a ride with a launch through the tunnel, a giant loop, a magnetic lift with a vertical/beyond vertical drop, a bunch of airtime hills, a low to the ground twister section, and more all in one ride.

Maybe it's time for Premier to change history and come up with something completely mind blowing.

Considering the type of customization, my gut is hoping the park sees that this coaster will need to be made by Intamin. This park is one to hand it to the big boys when it comes to the big jobs, and they have the capital to do so. A hydraulic launch is the nirvana IMO, but if its gonna be long they will probably just go with magnets.

One things for sure: they aren't clearing trees and grading land for fun.

Considering the type of customization, my gut is hoping the park sees that this coaster will need to be made by Intamin. This park is one to hand it to the big boys when it comes to the big jobs, and they have the capital to do so. A hydraulic launch is the nirvana IMO, but if its gonna be long they will probably just go with magnets.

One things for sure: they aren't clearing trees and grading land for fun.

Why use inferior, potentially dangerous (flying metal shrapnel) and unreliable hydraulic launch technology when you can use clean, safe, dependable magnetic propulsion technology, especially with multiple launches. And why wouldn't Premier be able to design something amazing? If they haven't before does not mean they never will. Maybe this will be one of their great designs of all time.......who knows?