TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Viper is not that bad. You just need to know how to ride it. The back is much less rough than the front, and the middle is really nice! Also make sure your in the front row of each car to have more leg and bracing room. Its still a great classic ride!

"It's not that bad. You just got to hold yourself certain ways, make sure you get a certain seat, & hold your head right or you'd get painfully beaten up & have a bad headache."

lol =p

On the Demon in CGA, I always stick my head forward during the loops which takes away the headbanging in the loops, though do you do the same thing on Viper?

That works for me on the three first loops, but the batwing and double corkscrew just fling my whole body around.

when i go on viper i just expect to get beat up. but i still love it. Call me what you want, but i have low standards (shut it RD)

I said NOTHHHHHING... yet.

I don't mind Viper at all: You learn when to brace for what portions you're going through, and can expect some 'choppiness' to it- but it's not like it's one of the worst rides imaginable. It could be -much- worse... like a TOGO.

(And Buck, Some people I know ENJOY that feeling....)

Haha Bubba-

You took the words out of my mouth! Always love when people say a certain coaster isn't bad and it's always the riders fault if they don't know how to defensively ride it, or protect themselves.

haha I know right.

Viper isn't too bad. But I knew how to hold myself, unlike all my friends I took for to SFMM forthe first time in April. It was their worst ride.

On the Demon in CGA, I always stick my head forward during the loops which takes away the headbanging in the loops, though do you do the same thing on Viper?

haha I do the same too. Expert coaster riders!!! haha

I always thought Six Flags opened for New Years Eve? Have they in the past?

2 years ago, they had a New Years Eve Event that was a lot of fun, but they got rid of it due to budget cuts. The park is still open on New Years Eve, but they close early and don't much for New Years Eve.

I have some amazing news to report: I went on Viper for the first time in a few years and had TWO rides completely pain free! What has this world come to...I also saw the remains of Deja Vu and although I was happy, a piece of me was still sad to see the empty space

Also, Rob Dyrdek from MTV "kickflipped" a car in a stunt show this morning in the parking lot, so I got to be part of that which was really awesome. Here's a video of it for those who care:

Yah, I thought the car would roll a couple times. It was really cool, but why SFMM's parking lot? Did they promote it?

You'd be surprised how often SFMM's property is used for filmings, promotions, and other various activities. 99% of them happen when the park is closed to guests, though. It was pretty cool to see this one happen when guests were there to see it.

Knotts and The Disneyland Resort are the only parks in Cali with New Years Eve celebrations as far as I know. I've always been surprised Universal Studios doesn't have an event.

Universal does their event in Citywalk. You can watch the fireworks from the WaterWorld arena.

Knotts and The Disneyland Resort are the only parks in Cali with New Years Eve celebrations as far as I know. I've always been surprised Universal Studios doesn't have an event.

SFDK also has a New Years event.

Yah, I thought the car would roll a couple times. It was really cool, but why SFMM's parking lot? Did they promote it?

MTV seems to have a deal with them.

Nitro Circus (another MTV) filmed there with the crew jumping off Superman with a parachute.

MTV seems to have a deal with them.

Nitro Circus (another MTV) filmed there with the crew jumping off Superman with a parachute.

Wasn't this done around the same time Matt Hoffman's Danger Defying Daredevils Stunt Show (or something along the lines of that) premiered at the park?

Hey guys, I finally have some time off from work to visit the park next week. I wanted to see if anybody had experience going during this time- whether it is busy or not. Ideally I can make it sometime between Tuesday 27th to Friday 30th.

Any recommendations or insight is much appreciated!