TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Just trying to explain the "Troll Face" meme that got referenced.

I still don't get it.

Maybe I'm just old, but internet memes are pretty stupid pretty much all the time.

Just looking at that picture of Robb sitting with the OTSR restraint pulled down made me realize how closely they fit over your neck. I had no problem using them when I rode, and thought these would be nice for other rides.

*cough* Revolution *cough*

For what it's worth, looks like the 19th will be very crowded at the Mountain with the opening of Superman (namrepuS?), the Bash, physics day, AND a coaster enthusiast event (yep, it's on their events page). The only difference (I think) seems to be that TPR will get a separate Q&A than the enthusiasts. Guess ERT's gonna be little less E

^ Thanks.

You emailed me to tell me you aren't interested in WCB anyway, so why are you trying to rain on everyone else's parade?

NOT COOL!!!

--Robb "West Coast Bash will be an awesome day no matter how bad you want to convince yourself it's going to be" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^^^^Isn't enthusiasts' day us? And isn't physics day a whole week. And ERT means that we get rides to ourselves from the GP so if its crowded it wont matter! I heard physics WEEK, was on WCB last year too. So stop being the cloud over our heads, and the fly buzzing around us. Garrett "Its Annoying" Stewart

Even if there are 5 times as many people this year for ERT it will still be INCREDIBLE! There was absolutely no wait on most of the coasters, and maybe one train wait on X2. Amy and I rode many coasters with 'maybe' 4 people on them. Honestly, even if it was on the 4th of July I would still go to WCB because of how incredible the event is. WCB is organized so perfectly that you have more than enough time to get in all the coasters multiple times, while waiting in almost no lines. In the middle of the day when the lines are the longest, guess what, you don't have to worry because your either on a tour, eating lunch, or in a nice air conditioned/heated theater for the presentation so you don't have to deal with the lines and you still have the most incredible ERT in the evening! If anyone is on the fence about going, just GO! There is a reason why everyone says it is the most incredible event, because it is!

Never fails. Every year a few people come up and say how WCB is going to suck/not be worth its price because of this or that reason, and every year those pessimists are proven 100% WRONG and everyone has a tremendously great time. There are a limited number of tickets available for this for a reason. Those who go will enjoy every bit of the event from the ERT to the Q&A to everything else. I still have my piece of Apocalypse from WCB 2009. There are surprises every year. WCB is not to be missed!

If I recall from reading past WCB events, usually most of the roller coaster riding is done at morning or evening ERT.

Get there early and get your rides in, when the park opens go to breakfast. During park operating hours TPR has plenty of activities to do like scavenger hunts, Q&A sessions, backstage tours, lunch, etc. while all the regular guests are dealing with crowds and waiting in lines.

Then once the night comes, the crowds thin out, night ERT begins and you get to go on anything you want that you didn't go on in the morning!

^ Honestly, this is what we typically do at WCB:

There are typically 5 or so coasters open during morning ERT. Most people will go straight for X2, so we typically go to Tatsu, etc (if open). Have some breakfast at Katy's Kettle and then go back and get some rides on X2 and the rest of the ERT coasters. Once the park is open we are typically back in the backside of the park, then we can go ride Riddlers, Batman, etc with no wait (while the GP is off riding X2 and Tatsu).

At some point in the morning they have some tours, etc and then lunch. After lunch you typically have a few hours in the park (I know last year they did a game between lunch and the presentation). We usually take this time to walk around the park, ride some of the smaller rides, go up the Sky Tower, etc. Then there is the presentation which takes up an hour or two.

After presentation you can leave the park for dinner, or have dinner in the park. Come back for night ERT and have an amazing time.

I don't understand how anybody can have a bad time.

If I recall from reading past WCB events, usually most of the roller coaster riding is done at morning or evening ERT.

Get there early and get your rides in, when the park opens go to breakfast. During park operating hours TPR has plenty of activities to do like scavenger hunts, Q&A sessions, backstage tours, lunch, etc. while all the regular guests are dealing with crowds and waiting in lines.

Then once the night comes, the crowds thin out, night ERT begins and you get to go on anything you want that you didn't go on in the morning!

So true. One thing though, the free breakfast usually ends by the time the park opens to the public. But between AM and PM ERT you can get all the coasters in, many times, from different seats and then when the GP is there hit all the flat rides, water rides, TPR events, etc... And right after the park opens to the GP the back of the park (Riddler, Batman, Scream) are still pretty empty. GoldRusher, Colossus, and Revolution are short lines or walk-ons almost anytime.

I still have my piece of Apocalypse from WCB 2009.

No, you have a piece of Terminator! (I still have my piece, too.)

It looks like I'm going to miss the entire weekend. But for all of you who do go, you're going to have a great time as I did every time I've been. If you haven't already, SIGN UP!

Eric

Physics day has been falling on the same day as West Coast Bash since I started the event 8 years ago. It makes NO DIFFERENCE since they have a set curriculum most of the day. I would imagine the "enthusiast day" could potentially add maybe 50-100 people to the event since most of the enthusiasts would already be at the park anyways. Since Solace was postponed, I would think that number could be lower. Nothing to worry about guys...

Chris

Since ERT went until 10:30 am last year (when the gates open), I stayed toward the back of the park because it still took awhile for people to get down there. So, ERT for two hours in the morning on some good rides, then at least another half hour of line-free rides in the back of the park.

During the day last year, the park was busy - it was a Saturday. Luckily, with tours, lunch, presentations, etc., there was no need to ride every ride multiple times - there was still nighttime ERT.

If you're that concerned about 'getting the most out of your day', get a flash pass. But seriously, two ERT sessions is more than enough - you will get plenty of rides.

On a similar note, since Superman will be opening that day, will most people be flocking over to that ride? (Not only TPR members, but most of the general public?) Just curious.

I still have my piece of Apocalypse from WCB 2009.

No, you have a piece of Terminator! (I still have my piece, too.)

It looks like I'm going to miss the entire weekend. But for all of you who do go, you're going to have a great time as I did every time I've been. If you haven't already, SIGN UP!

Eric

Too bad you won't be there Eric. We never went together but seemed to meet each time. And yeah, I have two pieces of Terminator, one of them signed by Jay, Neil, and Tim.