TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Hello everyone. I'm visiting SFMM sometime during the week of 8/6...probably Tuesday or Wednesday. It's been a year and a half since I visited last, and I want to ride everything...multiple times. I've made peace with the fact that this will require a Flash Pass, and plan on buying one (unless you all think that it'll be really quiet that week...during the spring break event). I was wondering if anyone knows how much they charge for a lost Flash Pass. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Hello everyone. I'm visiting SFMM sometime during the week of 8/6...probably Tuesday or Wednesday. It's been a year and a half since I visited last, and I want to ride everything...multiple times. I've made peace with the fact that this will require a Flash Pass, and plan on buying one (unless you all think that it'll be really quiet that week...during the spring break event). I was wondering if anyone knows how much they charge for a lost Flash Pass. Does anyone know? Thanks.

August is typically busy almost every day so you will probably need one even in the middle of the week. I forget the charge exactly but its a lot, I want to say like $200.

Here are some pics of the Goliath Overlay from yesterday.

Actually looks like some decent theming and it's supposed to be here for 6 months the ride ops were saying.

I should also mention that they came out with a green souvenir bottle for just $19.99 that gets you free refills all year at any Six Flags theme park. It's a totally great deal. I bought one and already had a red one!

image.jpg.c9e898fef444b33e4453568144adc6c2.jpg

The huge dragon thing out front.

image.jpg.40419561cdaa4f5f2664d2f41be7d54d.jpg

And it continues

image.jpg.0cfc22f29805cdf137d565d689cdc7d2.jpg

The first sign that it's a video game

image.jpg.35bb4e8eda0ef32606c5dcb1acfb51ea.jpg

Just inside the queue. Interesting theming

image.jpg.38291b2c2a120ef4f2dd0628ec7753db.jpg

Obviously not done by six flags

image.jpg.fe9eff4f63eee0e8845e1687693162c2.jpg

Telling you about the "enemy" you will be fighting while on the ride.

image.jpg.a0e86813bf688d839f987fa28ce2b8ba.jpg

Oh and advertising while you ride!!! This is also only on the wrapped train.

image.jpg.296e97c9f89c1fc074dce549a8fa8d3b.jpg

See, I told you you were fighting an "enemy" while on the ride.

image.jpg.67f51abc00b6c38dc83f846c2bd7e50d.jpg

You guys knew it was coming! The infamous Six Flags Train Wrap!!! Good thing it's just on one of the trains

image.jpg.0ba72de178b65500e2d87a60c6c81a70.jpg

Interesting piece of theming. Not sure what it's about.

Wow that is now the best themed ride in the entire park.

Seriously though, as far as in park advertisements and ride overlays goes, this actually looks... Dare I say it... Alright? Definitely a lot better than just putting a train wrap on the coaster and calling it a day. Since Six Flags will never get rid of ads, I'd much prefer this to Viper and Revolution's tacky wraps.

This actually looks pretty good. In fact, if it wasn't an advertisement I probably wouldn't mind if it was permanent. The theming in the queue is better than anything Six Flags has done since Apocalypse and the train wrap doesn't look bad. Now if only there was a full size statue of the Gore Magala on top of the tunnel...

I'm gonna agree and say both the scenery and the wrap on the trains looks pretty good. The scenery doesn't deviate too far from the sort of mysterious theme of Goliath.

And let's face it, this is a MUCH better pairing than seeing those disgusting got2b or whatever the hell hair products were advertised on Viper's trains. SMFH.

I'm gonna agree and say both the scenery and the wrap on the trains looks pretty good. The scenery doesn't deviate too far from the sort of mysterious theme of Goliath.

And let's face it, this is a MUCH better pairing than seeing those disgusting got2b or whatever the hell hair products were advertised on Viper's trains. SMFH.

SFGAdv had some pretty heinous ones on El Toro and Kingda Ka as well

Wow that is now the best themed ride in the entire park.

Seriously though, as far as in park advertisements and ride overlays goes, this actually looks... Dare I say it... Alright? Definitely a lot better than just putting a train wrap on the coaster and calling it a day. Since Six Flags will never get rid of ads, I'd much prefer this to Viper and Revolution's tacky wraps.

Must agree 100% here... as a matter of fact, I hope they find game companies to sponsor every single ride at SFMM!

Oops, I wrote the wrong date. I meant to say 4/6. Still getting a Flash Pass, as it's spring break time. So, to reiterate my original question, does anyone know the lost/damaged Flash Pass fee? Thank you.

-Doug