TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ I'm with you on Scream. I like it. I got a 7 in a row mini marathon yesterday morning before lunch. The line got too long too fast on Goliath. I too wish they'd release the seats on Riddler. I don't ride it this way. We already have a sit down coaster...

I'm visiting the park on Tuesday, December 30th, and am bringing a friend who has never been. The forecast says that there will be showers throughout the day, with a 50% chance of rain. Could you guys let me know what rides you anticipate will go down due to weather? The wind should hopefully not be an issue.

Thanks

Rain is not usually a huge issue at SFMM as long as it isn't accompanied by wind and as long as it isn't heavy rain. X2 is always the first coaster to go down in any kind of weather, the others likely to close earlier in my experience are Superman, YOLO, and Goliath in that order. This is for sprinkles and light rain, if you get heavy sustained rain you can expect all coasters to close until the rain subsides.

The park should really fix the front gate situation. With my gold pass I should be able to get in 10 minutes early into the park. Only because of the long time in the metal detector line I got to the gold pass line literally 30 seconds after 10:30 am and the employees would not let me in through the gold pass gate. Minus 100 customer service points magic mountain.

They are doing a bunch of progress on the other turnaround which is pretty cool.

Hello all, I have scoured this thread for what I am looking for but so far no luck. I am looking for the X2 audio (soundtrack) beginning with The Door's "Lizard King" "is everybody in? Is everybody in? the Ceremony is about to begin..." I loved this part of the audio , it played before dispatch and I thought it was a great fit. Can anyone help?

My last day at the mountain today for 2014. I left around 3 and nearly 3 lots full of cars again. Riddler never opened while I was there. They were testing with seats locked down - still. Those RMC guys are really ripping down that turnaround on Colossus as stated earlier in this thread.

I was sad leaving today since I've been there for 27 days this year. Oh well, bring on 2015, and the nicer weather.

just some shots from sunday. nothing special. I have a random question, im sure this has been answered before but I cant find it. is there a reason why "yolocoaster's" real name cant be said on here as if it was like swearing? im just curious.

also my input on the riddler fiasco I have to agree with (almost) everyone on here that the seats being locked in the low position was quite painful! riddler WAS at my #5 spot on a top 10 I was working on, but I hope this issue is temporary, but if not, I will be putting it even lower. it was meant to be a stand up coaster, unique to magic mountain.

523798572_12-28-2014(1).jpg.5e3a372ade2899193ca55f89f3ea7f1e.jpg

1428384893_12-28-2014(2).jpg.34ea731b6bb985fbce022021b87b4839.jpg

526049782_12-28-2014(4).jpg.3b4eefba047d46441a691be5119b4601.jpg

hard to get a decent shot without taking photo stills on scream or goliath or something. but hey, im not a professional

Looks like they are completet trimming down that second turnaround, didnt think it was going to get that big of a trim

i think the construction guy said in a video roughly 2/3 of it would be chopped down. most of the ride seems fairly low to the ground after the high five.

i also like how Alan Schilke said he didn't want to use "high five" cause it doesn't make sense. you don't high five going the same way. lol

Oh south Cali... 48 and cloudy seems like a nice day in New York this time of the year...

No hard feelings, just gave me a good chuckle! Construction looks good, slow, but good...

...which is why we all live as far away from New York as possible! And yes, even people that moved here from Alaska know that 48 in Cali is cold so the comparison to New York is totally unnecessary.

Speaking of cold weather, I'm totally digging Colossus's 'shrinkage' hahahaha