TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

I am excited for this! As if the sky line doesn't already look amazing, it's now going to look even better! Don't care for the name though.

I agree, the skyline looks great especially travelling south on Interstate 5 this will only enhance it. I wonder why type of night lights they've planned...

Wow, Twisted Colossus looks AWESOME. Not the biggest fan of the name, but nonetheless the coaster looks like it has potential to be the best at SFMM, the best in California, and arguably the best coaster west of the Mississippi. But no one has ridden it obviously, so we'll have to see...

But what I do know is that I am definitely getting passes next year! So excited to finally see an RMC in California!

Wow, Twisted Colossus looks AWESOME. Not the biggest fan of the name, but nonetheless the coaster looks like it has potential to be arguably the best coaster west of the Mississippi.

But what I do know is that I am definitely getting passes next year! So excited to finally see an RMC in California!

I think Outlaw Run wants to fight you.

Wow, Twisted Colossus looks AWESOME. Not the biggest fan of the name, but nonetheless the coaster looks like it has potential to be arguably the best coaster west of the Mississippi.

I think Outlaw Run wants to fight you.

So does NTAG. Although this does look incredible.

Ok so here are some screen shots to try and settle the station speculation. I don't know if this is going to help, but here goes.

2014-08-28_20-40-39.png.a67e6cd025b9d8e12d9e335c734a902b.png

ok, so it looks like the train is about to enter the brake run, with the stations off to the right, and the red train on the other block section.

2014-08-28_20-39-52.png.f6ec5f147230f6847fc8da27c672db63.png

Here's another view of the station orientation. It almost appears that there are two stations connected, kind of like Millennium's load/unload platform. If someone wants to help me out by interpreting it, go for it.

Yes, there are what looks like a few small pre-lift camelbacks.

That looks pretty much impossible to get any airtime on those unless the station is higher than it is in the animation.

Shouldn't be an issue. The original built up nice nice bit of speed before the lift. I always wished for pre lift camel backs then, I'm glad RMC was on the same page!

^Do I see a bunch of little airtime hills over to the right, leading in to the lift hill? That'll be interesting (in a good way)!

That would be fun! Even if they don't produce airtime, I'm sure they will be fun.

^^ Hmmm...converting one of the old stations to an unload platform would theoretically make it easier to hit the correct dispatch times.

That is, of course, if it's going to be a single tracked coaster.

Yes. That is probably going to be the hardest thing to do if it's a single tracked coaster. I'm sure they have a complex computer system that will keep the ride in check, and make sure the side race. I can't really see Magic Mountain blowing it after a large investment like this.

Another thing I just thought of is that since the park is open year round, we will be able to get some great construction updates! ^And I think there are at least five little bunny hops before the lift.

That' going to be exciting! I'm definitely excited that we will be able to see the progress throughout the whole year. Didn't RMC say that they were installing the first piece of track on their FB page? Or was that Cyclone?

i don't really see any station, just track that loops around to those little bunny hills. would be nice to see renderings of that whole area.

It looks like a station to me, but I guess anything is up in the air at this point. Why would it take a long route just to get to the lift hill?

And I really do wish they would release a POV or rendering to clear this up . . . guess we have to be patient and hope they will!

*EDIT* here are some close ups of the pre lift bunny hops. I know it's kind of hard to see . . .

2014-08-28_21-11-26.png.0db763373a5075b475c9bba9fa1844f8.png

2014-08-28_21-12-21.png.28cacaa46e28b0c4e035c534250f98cf.png

^^Totally agree. This seems like a more complex coaster, so it should have more renderings! A POV will probably be released soon, so that should clear things up. I think I'm going to contact the park as well, asking them about this, so hopefully that will solve things fingers crossed.

^That would be awesome! Maybe yellow and orange tracks to fit the theme?

Edited by glouthan

i almost want to say that those bunny hills are just a joke to see who's paying attention. kinda like the rider with the Lakers jersey on.

1004470466_ScreenShot2014-08-28at7_17_41PM.thumb.png.bf16dd7693fc4a0cfea749477785853c.png

here to me it just looks like elevated track doing a circle back to the lift hill. no?