TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Hope they work out the software issues that have plagued our JL here at SFSTL. Ride has to go down a little too often to reboot the system, but it is 2 years old so hopefully improvements have been made.

On a different note, since we will be visiting SFMM in a few weeks and we've never been there; any opinions from the locals on the food options there? All typical Six Flags quality or does anything stand out as better/different/special?

On a different note, since we will be visiting SFMM in a few weeks and we've never been there; any opinions from the locals on the food options there? All typical Six Flags quality or does anything stand out as better/different/special?

Twisted Wiches near twisted colossus and Jonny Rockets stand out but the rest is pretty typical.

I saw the sandwich place but it doesn't appear to take dining pass, although if it's really what we want we might do it anyway. J Rockets at SFSL is a little inconsistent with its quality but that's always a good standby.

I think since we are staying in Santa Monica and going on a Monday we will have to get up early and get our asses out of LA before morning rush hour, so I thought maybe a nice big relaxing breakfast somewhere near MM, then everyone is content with snacks and light eating at the park.

Found two restaurants near MM for breakfast. Egg Plantation in Newhall and Eggs n Things in Valencia. Anyone have an opinion on either of those places or suggestion of something else? Appreciate the help with trip planning!

I think since we are staying in Santa Monica and going on a Monday we will have to get up early and get our asses out of LA before morning rush hour, so I thought maybe a nice big relaxing breakfast somewhere near MM, then everyone is content with snacks and light eating at the park.

Found two restaurants near MM for breakfast. Egg Plantation in Newhall and Eggs n Things in Valencia. Anyone have an opinion on either of those places or suggestion of something else? Appreciate the help with trip planning!

First I must say I raised in Santa Monica for over 20+ years and then got priced out and have now lived in Valenica (Santa Clarita) for the past 20+ years. Santa Monica these days is brutal brutal brutal traffic and a mess.

It should only take you 45 minutes on a Monday from Santa Monica to Valencia as your not going to LA but you will be skirting around it and going the non traffic way.

Great choices on our local breakfast spots with Egg Plantation and Eggs n Things. If you want ommletts go to Egg Plantation for sure. One other really good breakfast location is nearer to Eggs N Things and its called Marstons. Again cant go wrong with either of your first choices. We would just do Denny's near Six Flags and do some damage to the 2/4/6/8 menu.

Mid July is the hope here. Inside of JL is coming along great, now it's just the outside around the attraction that isn't even close to being done. So when the outside looks about done, that's when you know we're close.

And as SFMMGeek said, the park had permitting issues that delayed construction.

Hey, do you happen to work at SFMM? I just started working there about 3 weeks ago. Would be nice to be able to see the inside of JL since I work there.

Twisted Wiches near twisted colossus and Jonny Rockets stand out but the rest is pretty typical.

Here's a list of all the restaurants that accept the Dining Pass at SFMM and what you can get at each location. JB's Smokehouse BBQ is currently closed.

1091619731_FullSizeRender2.thumb.jpg.18946dc0cba50feac0888cc1c80d2f94.jpg

I saw the sandwich place but it doesn't appear to take dining pass, although if it's really what we want we might do it anyway. J Rockets at SFSL is a little inconsistent with its quality but that's always a good standby.

If you are willing to pay for food, as opposed to the dining pass, the Fu11 Thrott1e sports bar is pretty good...and they have a bar!

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for all the input and help to the out of towners. Looking forward to a couple days in LA and MM on the 26th. Then onto Hawaii for us, so should be a great vacation. If anyone ever needs any questions answered regarding SFSTL don't hesitate to ask.

How should the lines be on the 15th Thursday next week? Last BAFF day(I went on the last day of the last BAFF before they offered this new one 2 weeks ago.) I know more schools are out so expecting lines should be more than how they have been the last couple weeks during the week? Still should be less than 15 minute waits for most yeah?

I noticed the park is open daily throughout September. I could have sworn that changed since I checked not long ago. That might work well for a quick visit when we're in LA for Hamilton.

Yeah open daily in Sept. blew my mind when I saw that. I assume it has something to do with JL not opening until mid-late summer leading to more anticipated traffic than usual in Sept.

I noticed the park is open daily throughout September. I could have sworn that changed since I checked not long ago. That might work well for a quick visit when we're in LA for Hamilton.

Yeah open daily in Sept. blew my mind when I saw that. I assume it has something to do with JL not opening until mid-late summer leading to more anticipated traffic than usual in Sept.

oh, that's awesome. they used to stay open in september like 20 years ago. it was awesome. like half the first lot full. i assume since schools seem to start all over the place these days, they are giving it a shot.

I am surprised at the lack of JL construction photo updates. I mean I know the building is built but because it is surrounded by a fence doesn't mean you can't take pictures. I know they are saving the outside for last until the inside is done looks like but surprised I haven't seen more updates about it.

That's because half of the people in this thread bitched about its announcement. Most people wanted more. There are few that cared it seems. You get the similiar results in other fanbases like the SFGADv and SFGAm threads (but I'll cut SFGADv some slack because they've actually had some really good discussion about it lately and people seem to appreciate how JLBFM will be revitalizing the old area.

I am surprised at the lack of JL construction photo updates. I mean I know the building is built but because it is surrounded by a fence doesn't mean you can't take pictures. I know they are saving the outside for last until the inside is done looks like but surprised I haven't seen more updates about it.

They started the facade last week, so a good sign they're close to finishing

Need to make a fudge run to the back of park, so no guarantee's but if i get inside the park this week I will take pictures of the dirt for you in the JL area..

Like a prior poster stated, I too will be visiting MM on Monday the 26th. My home park is SFoG and my last MM visit was in 1999! Needless to say I am looking forward to riding as many unique coasters and rides as I can get in. Hopefully the park will not be overcrowded on a Monday! Our JL:BFM in Georgia has been open since May 26th. This ride will not disappoint!

I'm up in Santa Barbara getting jaw surgery this week. I visited a local thrift store yesterday and stumbled upon this gem. It makes up for not being able to ride coasters for at least the next 8 weeks.

IMG_2534.thumb.JPG.28e2530c994861608b05abee66597b86.JPG