TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Nothing is free, Holiday World simply prices the soda into the admission price.

This is absolutely correct! And while it's a better deal than buying a bunch of sodas at the park, it is absolutely included in the price.

Does Sox Flags? I've never seen them do that at their parks, maybe I just missed that!!

Again it's upon request and not really obvious. People just assume the only drinks available are fountain/bottled soda and bottled water that cost money, and water fountains. Very few people think to ask for the water that comes from the fountain, but just about all places that offer fountain drinks will give ice water upon request.

The idea of food/drinks being included in admission is an interesting one, but not something you'd ever see at Six Flags. Not as long as their aim is to keep the admission as cheap as possible and make more money on repeat visitors' parking, food/merch sales and various upcharges.

Does Sox Flags? I've never seen them do that at their parks, maybe I just missed that!!

Yes. Every park in America. And then at Six Flags when you ask for "cups of water" they without fail will ask you if you want to take part in some ridiculous special deal where you can buy 2 bottles of water for some ridiculous amount of money like 5 bucks instead of just getting the free water.

Yes. Every park in America. And then at Six Flags when you ask for "cups of water" they without fail will ask you if you want to take part in some ridiculous special deal where you can buy 2 bottles of water for some ridiculous amount of money like 5 bucks instead of just getting the free water.

God forbid they do their job and try to make money off you. The nerve!

For the bring-a-friend-free event, do I have to stop by any ticket booths for a voucher of some sort, or do I simply just bring the person with me and mention that they're my +1 when they scan my card?

If it's free, go straight to the turnstyles. If it is just discounted, buy your friend's ticket at the ticket cashier.

Things to note at the park so far today:

The "other" side of superman is working instead of the normally operating side.

TC is operating three trains and moved the line rather quickly. We did get a delay just as we boarded our train. Luckily they just cycled each train once and we were on.

Batman's crew is pretty slow. Stacking on two train op.

Apocalypse is running one train again so we didn't bother.

^ Two train stacking on BTR is not uncommon for my home park SFStL

I wonder if 2016 will be a year for Hurricane Harbor? I know they added some slides a couple of seasons ago, but it still really needs a lot of attention and expansion.

Should I worry about it being very crowded this Friday? Thanks!

Friday should be good in the early hours but will pick up steam throughout the day as

#1. Park will close at 6pm to the public... and

#2. Private event will take over the park with wristbands required at 6pm.

#3. It is a tag along event so those private party guests can arrive at anytime prior to event starting time of 6pm and most for these type events seem to start pouring in around 2pm.

So arrive early as its a Honda day with early entry and ride the most popular first as it will get crowded later also it is final day for guests for bring a friend free of course not counting this upcoming BAFF SUnday the 23rd which is a new offer and not to be confused with the 21st offer.

So in answer to your question. It might be busier then excepted.

I have a small motorcycle that is very easy to steal because it so lightweight. Is it safe to park it in the Magic Mountain parking lot? Do you think they will let me chain it to a post or something?

I don't think motorcycle thieves hang out at SFMM. I forgot if they have motorcycle parking though and it would likely be safer there if they do.

There is motorcycle parking after the parking toll booths on the right side together with the RV parking before you go into the regular parking. I have a motorcycle and I rode there quite a bit on my bike and parked in the Marie Calendars parking lot before I realized they had that shaded area for motorcycles.