TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The theme park also said that the girl had been found breathing, but unconscious after returning to the Revolution station after riding

Where did you see this? If you post something like this, please post the source.

The theme park also said that the girl had been found breathing, but unconscious after returning to the Revolution station after riding

Where did you see this? If you post something like this, please post the source.

Found it. I see the article has been updated.

There were helicopters flying around, and x2 was shut down for a short amount of time ("security issue") . I think that was related to this.

Makes sense. Keep the area clear for the girls treatment and transport.

How quick Revolution re-opens will be telling as to her condition. Hope she is OK.

Edited by Jew

Queue restore revolution comments in 3.2.1.

Anyways i hope she makes a quick and speedy recovery. I can see how this could happen tho with the headbanging that can occur during the ride, she could have hit her head just right to cause her to loose conciousness, or it could be a unrelated underlying medical condition that was aggrevated by the ride (has happened before).

Not sure if anyone will agree or not, but I have found my money seat on Twisted Colossus. Row 6, left seat. It's rare that the best rides on a coaster is the middle of the train, and I will agree that the best first drop seat is the very back, best airtime seat is the very front. The the middle of the train offers the best overall ride for me. Anyone else agree?

Not sure if anyone will agree or not, but I have found my money seat on Twisted Colossus. Row 6, left seat. It's rare that the best rides on a coaster is the middle of the train, and I will agree that the best first drop seat is the very back, best airtime seat is the very front. The the middle of the train offers the best overall ride for me. Anyone else agree?

i am normally a back seat rider. and, i think it's awesome in the back. i like big elements mostly, so the first drops, blue after high five and under top gun are all awesome in the back. but, my overall favorite isn't the middle, but a few rows behind. 8-9. i didn't care too much for the front as usual for me.

another guy at the commercial shoot i was talking to really liked the middle as you do. i think the only deciding factor for me is i was just that tiny bit more over the hill yank down. give me middle to the back and i'm happy.

Thanks guys for your help. Have a new plan, input welcome. This day concerns July 10th, a Friday. Fly down to Burbank from Oakland and will arrive plenty early for opening. Easy. Now getting back have an option of a 5:40 or 6 departure from Burbank or an 8:30 from LAX to Denver. (Don't ask how I got to Oakland. ) I'd figure leaving the park at 6 would work for LAX.

Given those options only, I'd go with the LAX flight. Youd probably have to leave by at least 4 to catch the one out of Burbank safely. With the 8:30 flight out of LAX, I'd feel safe leaving as late as 5:30. The biggest difference though is that the LAX flight is non stop and will have you in Denver by 11:40. The Burbank flight, which leaves at 6, has a 2 hour layover in San Jose and doesnt get into Denver until 12:30 am - ouch!

So fly OAK - BUR in the morning and fly out LAX - DEN.

For future trips try doing Sundays. It's the only day in Los Angeles that traffic is light (relatively speaking), so you can use LAX without much worry.

My times are very restrictive sadly so not many days I can go. I'll probably book the tickets today with the LAX option as that was what I was leaning to anyway. One last thing is I'm waiting to hear back for the rental car. (I have connections in this department so no worries.) Specifically trying to get a Honda for that early entry and ERT.

The person I was going with may not be able to go now. Probably will work out with single rider lines, but I'm open for somebody to join me.

On Gold Striker at CGA I came to exactly the same conclusion for exactly the same reason.

Funny you say this. I have had the most rides on TC somewhere in row 7 during the video shoot (I know because I was in a seat where I could see the electronics on the backs of the seats, so I know I was in the front of the "car") and I had SIGNIFIGANTLY better rides in those rows than I have had in the back, and front, as far as airtime and overall out-of-control experience.

I also sat on the left.

So I think you're right. This may be one of those rides designed in a way where the best seat is in the middle. It wouldn't surprise me.

I generally enjoy sitting somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 back on most coasters. The speed seems the most consistent to me... far enough back to not always be waiting for the rest of the train to catch up, but not so far back that you feel like you're being constantly yanked around.

Was Revolution open today? If not, that probably means the girl was admitted to the hospital and the ride will have to remain closed until the state clears it.

Does anyone know which rides will be operating during Discover card ERT tomorrow? Also, are general passholders welcome in addition to Discover holders?

I had hoped for TC to be included, but its stated in the email the park sent out earlier in June as X2, Viper, and Revolution. Hopefully someone will post on the forum if this changes tomorrow. Also from the email: "Present your Discover card or your valid Six Flags Season Pass to receive your wristband at the event table near Revolution."

I had hoped for TC to be included, but its stated in the email the park sent out earlier in June as X2, Viper, and Revolution. Hopefully someone will post on the forum if this changes tomorrow. Also from the email: "Present your Discover card or your valid Six Flags Season Pass to receive your wristband at the event table near Revolution."

Thank you.

Single rider line is awesome on TC. Just rode 9 times in a row with virtually no wait.

The operators are great today

How long is the regular line?