TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Went to the park today for the YOLOCoaster credit...

-Ride is fun. Best ride in the park now. But that's not saying anything special. Launch packs a little punch, loop has some hangtime, and you get some air over the top hat. Other portions of ride are just there. Operations were pretty good...waited about a half hour each time.

-YOLOPlaza is pathetic. So thrown together last minute.

-Green Lantern is still awful and painful.

-The park is still gross. Most of the trash cans are so dirty you don't even want to put trash in them (parking lot ones were the worst). The coke can bins at the ticket booths were all swarming with bees, which means no one has bothered to clean/empty them. Over at JB's BBQ, they were "grilling" the chicken...and it was just a giant pile of frozen chicken breasts with grill marks already on them. Literally a pile, not even spread out over the grill.

-NO STILT GUYS! WTF!!!!

Going to SFMM tomorrow. 3 of us. I have never used the flash pass system. Will it be necessary tomorrow? Is it worth it? Which one should I get?. Should I get it online now or wait to get it at the park.

price quoted online $269 platinum, $179 Gold and Regular: $105

^^ All I can confirm from the stilt guys are that there is a PIRATE, that WOMEN LOOKING CREATURRE (that Sir Clinksalot posted) a GLADIATOR who roams DC Universe, some FAIRY CHICK, and the YOLOmen. I would upload the pics, but my stupid camera is having some type of malfunction connecting to my laptop.

^^ All I can confirm from the stilt guys are that there is a PIRATE, that WOMEN LOOKING CREATURRE (that Sir Clinksalot posted) a GLADIATOR who roams DC Universe, some FAIRY CHICK, and the YOLOmen. I would upload the pics, but my stupid camera is having some type of malfunction connecting to my laptop.

send it to your computer via email

Going to SFMM tomorrow. 3 of us. I have never used the flash pass system. Will it be necessary tomorrow? Is it worth it? Which one should I get?. Should I get it online now or wait to get it at the park.

Wait until you get to the park, then decide between regular, Gold, or no Flash Pass depending on crowds. I've never used Platinum and never would (as I don't agree with the way they do double rides), but from what I hear it's not worth the extra price. Every non-kiddie coaster except X2 and Full Throttle is included (X2 is available on Gold for an additional $15 per person, per ride), so you may want to do at least one of those two before picking up the pass.

Whether you should get one or not depends on several factors, but I would say if you visit the park at most twice a year and/or the major attractions have 45+ minute waits, it's worth the investment. If you visit more frequently or none of the lines (excluding Full Throttle and X2) exceed 30 minutes, you probably should just save your money, or buy a regular Flash Pass instead of Gold.

^^If the crowds are light enough that you don't need a Gold flash pass, a regular pass probably isn't going to save much time, particularly on the coasters where the merge point is a bit before the station (i.e. Tatsu) or where a 'station wait' can be 20 minutes (looking at you, Riddler's Revenge).

Lines got long by the time I left at 2pm. We skipped Superman since it was out to the entrance, Goliath since its queue was also a few switchbacks from the entrance, and ninja since it was starting to fill the upper queue sections.

Wait until you get to the park, then decide between regular, Gold, or no Flash Pass depending on crowds. I've never used Platinum and never would (as I don't agree with the way they do double rides), but from what I hear it's not worth the extra price. Every non-kiddie coaster except X2 and YOLOcoaster is included (X2 is available on Gold for an additional $15 per person, per ride), so you may want to do at least one of those two before picking up the pass.

Whether you should get one or not depends on several factors, but I would say if you visit the park at most twice a year and/or the major attractions have 45+ minute waits, it's worth the investment. If you visit more frequently or none of the lines (excluding YOLOcoaster and X2) exceed 30 minutes, you probably should just save your money, or buy a regular Flash Pass instead of Gold.

YOLOCoaster is also available as an upcharge like X2, but only with Platinum. I would definitely wait until getting to the park to decide..it probably shouldnt be too bad on a Thursday, but it could get kind of busy like it did today. I seriously doubt it would get busy enough that flash passes would sell out in the morning so it's worth waiting and seeing.

X2's line often dies in the afternoon, so if I were you I'd get to the park early enough to grab a quick ride on YOLOCoaster in the morning, hit X2 at around 4pm (and pray for it to take mercy on you), and do everything else in the middle. From what I've been hearing the YOLOCoaster line gets going quick and has been pretty steady until park close most days.

Edited by singemfrc