TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

This has probably been asked before but this topic has a tendency to add a few pages a day so I might of missed it:

Why on earth did they open this ride without a queue or a covered station in the first place??? Getting behind on construction and getting the coaster up and running is one thing, but what did that have do with putting an effort into the queue line? I can't imagine this had anything to do with Premier turning the ride over to SFMM. I don't know the setup of the area, but couldn't there have been a construction crew working on the station and line while all the details with the coaster itself got worked out?

^There you go, trying to be logical. That's exactly why this wasn't done.

I agree with you in that they should have had multiple crews working on different parts of the project. There may have been, but doesn't seem like it based on the delays and how the queue and "YOLOPlaza" appear to be "thrown together."

I would like a pathway from yolo plaza to the back of the park. Moving sidewalks and escalators would be better. And dreaming even bigger, I would prefer a ski lift type ride across.

On a TOTALLY unrelated subject, while looking for something online I came across these cool videos from the last day of the 99 Steam Train apparently filmed by one of the conductors. The 2nd part of it actually has some nice shots of a VERY bright Colossus as well.

The train lives on at a private residence/animal kennel just a few miles down The Old Road. Along with a bunch of other historical items from SFMM!

This has probably been asked before but this topic has a tendency to add a few pages a day so I might of missed it:

Why on earth did they open this ride without a queue or a covered station in the first place??? Getting behind on construction and getting the coaster up and running is one thing, but what did that have do with putting an effort into the queue line? I can't imagine this had anything to do with Premier turning the ride over to SFMM. I don't know the setup of the area, but couldn't there have been a construction crew working on the station and line while all the details with the coaster itself got worked out?

Maybe they will announce another ride in August that will be built around Yolo?

There really is no explanation except, it's Six Flags! And sadly, it's true again!

I just saw a recent POV of Gold Rusher and I have to say that I was disappointed in it as I really enjoyed the fly over of the water. I know, They took out the log flume for the new coaster, But Gold Rusher to me is not the same anymore. The park surely has changed over the last 20 years since my last visit to the park.

^Sunday is the Gold Pass bring a friend free day. Might not be a good idea. Last year it was bring a friend free day for all passholders and it was absolutely SWAMPED. The dirt lot even filled up.

I'm headed over to the parks tomorrow. Hurricane Harbor first in the afternoon and then Magic Mountain until closing. I'll see if anything has been done and if the Riddler's Revenge is actually getting their 3rd train back.

And oh yeah, why don't they just finish the YOLOqueue at night when the park is closed? They could just do a little bit each day. They sure have enough time to put billions of Ads up every night so they must have time to add a real queue.