TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Since i thought SFMM will not be getting a I:305 type anytime soon, i think the perfect ride next year is a version of Maverick from Cedar Point. It would fit perfect where deja vu used to be. Anyone agree?

Um, SFMM does not need ANY new coasters for the next few years.

Maybe Iron Colossus. Or a few flats. That is all.

Since i thought SFMM will not be getting a I:305 type anytime soon, i think the perfect ride next year is a version of Maverick from Cedar Point. It would fit perfect where deja vu used to be. Anyone agree?

Um, SFMM does not need ANY new coasters for the next few years.

Maybe Iron Colossus. Or a few flats. That is all.

Looks like you have the park perfectly figured out. Hopefully the management is paying attention to what a 13 year old know it all thinks.

^ Although I do agree with him in the sense that SFMM can do without new coasters for a while, I must say that having spent time working in the industry and then coming here and reading comments has led me to believe that 99% of enthusiasts have zero business sense when it comes to running a park.

I didn't say management won't add any new coasters. I just said that the park seems to already have a good variety of coasters.

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, but I guess my post came across as such.

IMHO, Six Flags Magic Mountain could stay just as it is and be fine for 10 years. They could use that time to focus on aesthetic improvements to the park (ie. paint jobs, landscaping, path refurbishments [which really aren't that necessary]); however, Six Flags has that 'new addition every year' so in the upcoming years, I agree; we will probably see a flat here and there , New Iron Colossus, and they may put more attention into their shows, but now that Full Throttle is open I don't think we will see a major addition for a while (minus New Iron Colossus). Something along the lines of Maverick is way out of the picture.

Everyone talking about how SFMM should stop adding coasters don't realize that adding coasters is pretty much their only way of getting people to go to SFMM over any other theme park in SoCal.

There is ONE other way.

yolo_3_0.jpg

I didn't say management won't add any new coasters. I just said that the park seems to already have a good variety of coasters.

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, but I guess my post came across as such.

I dont think you were being rude at all! You simply stated your opinion just like EVERYONE else in these forums do. So dont worry about it bud!

If this were any other park I'd say a nice Wild Mouse Coaster would fit perfectly where Deja Vu was, though it might tamper with the Apacolypse Themeing a bit (But like it isn't already, I mean really, a Rainbow Slingshot is right next to it.) But seeing a Wild Mouse doesn't break any records, Unless its El Loco from S&S that breaks the record for Steepest drop (Don't see that happening.)

I could picture some AMAZING layouts for a Colossus makeover with Rocky Mountain, If they kept it as two racing roller coasters (Yay for Double the Cost!) which I don't see happening, All I can picture is intertwining Corkscrews and one train flipping over the other switching sides and all that nonsense.

Maybe they'll put Full Throttle backwards and call it a good year for 2014.

^ Although I do agree with him in the sense that SFMM can do without new coasters for a while, I must say that having spent time working in the industry and then coming here and reading comments has led me to believe that 99% of enthusiasts have zero business sense when it comes to running a park.

Oh please, 8 years of playing RTC3 should be enough experience to manage a park. Just gotta remember not to murder the peeps..

It is probably time for SFMM to pay a bit more attention to Hurricane Harbor. They are the only local park in the LA area that has an attached waterpark that could be exploited. And yet, a complete lack of new attractions for the park. Maybe Hurricane Harbor has a terrible ROI or something. Be nice to see SF start to build water coasters for HH. Instead of watching SFMM dump 15 million or more into another coaster, imagine that money put towards expanding HH out into the parking lot.

^I think that is it. Raging Waters hasn't added anything for awhile either, nor has Soak City. I think all three parks attract enough of their local audiences to make money without the need for a "ride war" to build attendance.

As long as they're getting a steady stream of people, there's no need to add anything. If attendance drops quite a bit then they might add something, but if they still have good numbers then there's no reason to.

Most people that work in the industry have zero business sense as well.

Ha! Can't say I disagree with that!

As for Iron Colossus, high five would be nice.

Ha! Can't say I disagree with that!

As for Iron Colossus, high five would be nice.

Don't forget the backwards ride with fog, smell effects and monsters.