TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I like the color scheme. I mean, I was expecting something bold and vibrant like red, because like someone else said, that's the color I think of when I hear the name Full Throttle. But I like the colors. Yeah they're simple, but it looks fresh and modern. I would prefer these colors after seeing them to red or yellow. It compliments the crazy shapes of the elements and isn't too overpowering or cheesy looking.

I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not but Cedar Point can still remain a very sucessful park without having to keep up with SFMM coaster count. Remember they do not compete in the same region so the coaster war count is more for bragging rights and their sucessfulness does not hinge on the fact if they can keep up with SFMM coaster count. And no, Cedar Point is in no way "son done for!"

You couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic? I thought that was the most beautiful piece of sarcasm I've read in quite some time.

Aww thanks supertrooper! And thank you Crazy4Coasters for explaining exactly why the "coaster war" is silly.

BTW, does anyone else find it odd that Magic Mountain isn't trumpeting around the fact this addition will solidify their record for most coasters? It seems like they love to say it in their press releases for new coasters. Though I suppose they aren't really recapturing it at this point because Cedar Point never took it back, or even quite tied it.

No, thank you for being such a good sport about it! It's really great to find people on TPR that are easy going in the forums.

What a strange layout.

I'm really not a fan of the backward launch. IMO, it's an unnecessary gimmick that just pads ride duration and forces the second train to wait even longer to dispatch.

It's a very modest experience, but STEFK is much more exhilarating!

Don't really see why it's necessary.......

"i think the only reason they threw that section in there was to be able to say "the ride goes backwards""

-coasterboy600 -YouTube-

^Yep, seems legit.

I like the color scheme. I mean, I was expecting something bold and vibrant like red, because like someone else said, that's the color I think of when I hear the name Full Throttle. But I like the colors. Yeah they're simple, but it looks fresh and modern. I would prefer these colors after seeing them to red or yellow. It compliments the crazy shapes of the elements and isn't too overpowering or cheesy looking.

At first I thought it was a decent scheme and the scheme also went in nice with the modern look but, im not sure whether the track color is gonna be white or grey. If it's white, then that wouldn't look that good in my opinion unlike grey. And white will also get dirty faster and knowing MM they'll take all the time in the world to fix it. I think it would've fit better if the black was a dark navy blue instead to go with grey. THAT, would give it more of a futuristic look.

Are you trying to tell us "Full Throttle" in Japanese is Fujiyama???

No, Fujiyama has airtime. That ride wouldn't be allowed at SFMM!

*zing!*

Hey now, Sylvester’s Pounce and Bounce has plenty of airtime.

So the theme (do i dare say) seems to revolve around electricity, rather than racing. Interesting to see what becomes of the 5 acre area around the former Log Jammer station. They said there was some interaction involved, lots of visuals and a transformation similar to DC Universe. Sweet!

I'm thinking the stop and reverse launch and re-launch is going to be very costly. Maybe it's something they can eventually program out. Kinda like V2 at Great America not using the back break anymore (it's burned out anyway).

The white/grey and black or grey looks kinda cool. And I bet that is a good choice in terms of not having to repaint as often as more colorful rides.

So the theme (do i dare say) seems to revolve around electricity, rather than racing. Interesting to see what becomes of the 5 acre area around the former Log Jammer station. They said there was some interaction involved, lots of visuals and a transformation similar to DC Universe. Sweet!

Yeah, it took me awhile to get the connection and I like it! So I'm guessing the stop in the tunnel will reflect some sort of power outage and reboot.

YOLO: The Ride?!

I disapprove.

Otherwise, looks like fun (despite being a tad short), and could be a sign that SUF in Vallejo is not the last of such rides. I would be interested to see Premier's next installations of similar coasters.

I want to like it soo much, but there's a few things that bother me along with other thoughts:

Pros:

I actually like the color scheme, not too flashy.

The airtime hill could be awesome.

I like the layout from after the loop until the tunnel.

Cons:

2 trains? Really?

Brakes immediately after it gains a ton of speed. They couldn't do anything with the layout after the tophat?

Why have the backwards launch? It slows capacity, is a stupid gimmick, and kills pacing.

As much as I didn't want it to be, it's a gimmicky coaster.

Basically what it comes down to is this:

Six Flags Magic Mountain has picked another potentially awesome addition for the park, but with their horrible decisions on how to build it exactly, it just kind of blows. Same exact thing happened with Green Lantern. Hopefully the positive factors make up for the poor ones.

What coasters generally have the most airtime? Wood coasters, hyper coasters, and multi launchers. So, how does a park with a wood coaster, hyper coaster, AND multi launcher still lack in the airtime department?

That being said, I think I am going to give SFMM a pass on this one (aside from two-train operations; this looks like it could easily run three, or have been modified to run three). The ride will fill the void of a full circut launch coaster. The park simply wanted a multi-launcher, but they didn't want to dump $25 million into building one.

Now, is there anything (besides an airtime machine) that SFMM hasn't built? That is why I think there is hope that within the next two major coaster installations, airtime will have been legalized at this park.