TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

People say parks are out of room I say 3 words...Knotts Berry Farm. They continue to build and theoretically they have residence areas all around. So saying SFMM is out of room silly, but moving on I saw someone say a Mega Lite was a horrible capacity ride.....I always thought that they wee people eaters. I think this would be a great addition to the park but the US General Public would think it's too crazy.

-Cookie

People say parks are out of room I say 3 words...Knotts Berry Farm. They continue to build and theoretically they have residence areas all around. So saying SFMM is out of room silly, but moving on I saw someone say a Mega Lite was a horrible capacity ride.....I always thought that they wee people eaters. I think this would be a great addition to the park but the US General Public would think it's too crazy.

-Cookie

I don't think the US General Public would find a MegaLite too crazy, I'm pretty sure Californians would look at it and think it is too small to be good, and then ride it and complain that it is too short. Like they do with Apocolypse. And Green Lantern. SFMM needs a larger ride experience to be added soon; the last 'long' ride they built was Tatsu. We like long rides.

I don't think the US General Public would find a MegaLite too crazy, I'm pretty sure Californians would look at it and think it is too small to be good, and then ride it and complain that it is too short. Like they do with Apocalypse. And Green Lantern. SFMM needs a larger ride experience to be added soon; the last 'long' ride they built was Tatsu. We like long rides.

First of all, that's what she said. Secondly, as much as your statement is true, I think it's time to show the US General Public show how these "short" rides are just as great, or even in some cases better than the normal "long" rides.

WTF!? I went on it (Deja Vu) yestarday several times and upon asking several staff, they said it wasn't going anywhere. Goddamit.

Had the absolute craziest ride on GL too, up the lift my friend and I were facing the sky; after the mcbr (which it acts as a trim now) I had no idea what the hell happened. I was so dizzy after the ride, I had to use the handrail to keep from falling . Hella crazy.

And of all the coaster types MM has, we still don't got no Wild Mouse. While I agree with whoever said MM needs long rides, I can't see where they could put any of these. Maybe a dive machine if they took out cyclone 500 and used the ground underneath Dive Devil as a place for tunnels, spanning across both cyclone 500's old space and the theater near Riddler's.

Its a fact; SFMM needs more family and flat rides. But I think most of their business comes from extreme rides like X2. As much as Sharpe is fixing park 'image', he seems to be doing a good job balancing out the rides. And I'm still confused about the park map. They rate Ninja as 'thrill seekers in training' and gold rusher as 'moderate thrll seekers'. Also, it cracks me up to see Superman in the 'moderate thrill seekers' catagory. Its been in this catagory forever (AKA as long as I car remember), its just its description reads: Blast over 100 mph to the sky BACKWARDS 400 feet in the air.

Edited by paulm12

Awwh, man! I hate to see Deja Vu go. I don't care for titles, but what prides me the most about SFMM is they have the best variety of coasters on the planet. Seeing Deja Vu go would remove the 'boomerang' style out of the park's collection. For me, Deja Vu was one of the more intense coasters ranked with X2, Tatsu, and Goliath. This made it's location strategic. I would hope SFMM replaces it with another high intensity coaster, like a Megalite (I want a Giga or Strata closed circuit!) to liven that area, just like the awesome job they did with DC Universe. I can see it now, an Intamin Giga/Strata going over Apocalypse, just like Goliath over Colossus, ha!! Too ambitious, I know...but the world is gonna end in 2012, so why not go all out and GO BIG, real BIG!

^It isn't a problem and it isn't redundant.

Sure, it might be said here or there by some of the more loony coaster enthusiasts, but that doesn't necessarily mean the majority of people believe it to be so. IMO, Magic Mountain could get nothing but 3 launched coasters over the course of the next 10 years and it wouldn't be redundant or a problem to me or most of the GP! Don't take too seriously or try to make too much sense out of technicalities that come up on the forums...you'll drive yourself nuts!

BTW, Deja Vu is one of my favorite coasters in the park and if anything it will be sadly missed by me. I only hope I can get back to the park to get my parting ride with it. I have memories of it with one of my good friends, which I suppose nobody really thinks about when it comes to roller coasters, but it's amazing the things you remember when you're having fun on awesome rides.

I think MM has been lacking in the "thrills" department for at least 5 years. They either need a ridiculously tall drop tower, a giga Intamin, a Maverick-style Intamin, or a super awesome Euro fighter. If they really want to step up their game, they would put in a taller Kinda-Ka coaster with added elements. Where is MM getting the money for this anyway?? Every time I'm at the park it's literally empty. I mean of course X2 has a ginormous wait, but that's because it's the best/scariest coaster on the planet.

They're getting the money by simply withholding expenditures to other parks that's how.

its strange, last night on Deja Vu was the first time i fully greyed out on a coaster, in the boomerang element. Ive never greyed out on any ride, the closest ive gotten is a little tunnel vision in the goliath helix.... it was strange. Also, i have video proof GL no longer stops on the MCBR, to the great joy of me. Also, i have to say riding it again, i can swear there are about 4 less trims that you can see facing batman, and a whole section of trims right before the MCBR that you can see on the side facing Superman.

i still hope for an intamin blitz coaster called scavanger using the Deja Vu area, as well as the cleared land for what ended up being RRE, and idk how possible it would be but theres a beautiful desert canyon just south of Deja Vu and the maintaince shed that could totally be used, dunno who owns it and what the land use requirements on it is tho, so i may be talking outta my ass. A kickass eurofighter back there would be awesome too.

i still hope for an intamin blitz coaster called scavanger using the Deja Vu area, as well as the cleared land for what ended up being RRE, and idk how possible it would be but theres a beautiful desert canyon just south of Deja Vu and the maintaince shed that could totally be used, dunno who owns it and what the land use requirements on it is tho, so i may be talking outta my A$$. A kickass eurofighter back there would be awesome too.

After riding Maverick last week, it seems so long ago....., I would love to have that type of coaster anywhere at SFMM!

Wait, the last time I checked SFNE already had a boomerang coaster; why do they need a GIB?

Maybe they'll trade us for Bizzarro

As amazing as that would be, I doubt SFNE would be willing to give up their best roller coaster, especially when it's one of the best in the world.

Intamin seems to be more on board with SFMM recently, but I think we're all just waiting for whatever they're going to announce. Be it a drop tower, Blitz, Mega-lite, there's going to be something new and exciting for SFMM within the next couple of years for sure.

its strange, last night on Deja Vu was the first time i fully greyed out on a coaster, in the boomerang element. Ive never greyed out on any ride, the closest ive gotten is a little tunnel vision in the goliath helix.... it was strange. Also, i have video proof GL no longer stops on the MCBR, to the great joy of me. Also, i have to say riding it again, i can swear there are about 4 less trims that you can see facing batman, and a whole section of trims right before the MCBR that you can see on the side facing Superman.

That's exactly how GL was running when I rode it about a week ago, and there aren't any trims missing, looks like they are all still there.