TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think MM has been lacking in the "thrills" department for at least 5 years. They either need a ridiculously tall drop tower, a giga Intamin, a Maverick-style Intamin, or a super awesome Euro fighter. If they really want to step up their game, they would put in a taller Kinda-Ka coaster with added elements. Where is MM getting the money for this anyway?? Every time I'm at the park it's literally empty. I mean of course X2 has a ginormous wait, but that's because it's the best/scariest coaster on the planet.

I think MM has been lacking in the "thrills" department for at least 5 years. They either need a ridiculously tall drop tower, a giga Intamin, a Maverick-style Intamin, or a super awesome Euro fighter. If they really want to step up their game, they would put in a taller Kinda-Ka coaster with added elements. Where is MM getting the money for this anyway?? Every time I'm at the park it's literally empty. I mean of course X2 has a ginormous wait, but that's because it's the best/scariest coaster on the planet.

I wouldn't mind a Kingda Ka with a massive helix. That would be boss.

^ Well, the poster admitted they could do that, but that he didn't want it to look cluttered, which things do when you build over and under other things too much, I would suppose. (But I'm on the east coast, so what would I know.)

Not if it's done right. But it doesn't matter, if a park half SFMM's size can creatively build year after year, so can SFMM. I'm sorry but Elissa is right. His comments are silly, and we've heard these kinds of things as much as a decade ago, and they've added several coaster since then.

The funny thing is that some people fail to read or understand the basics of a post and in this case my post! Clearly a park such as Magic Mountain has the ability to run a coaster all over, under, and through that place, but astetically and operationally is that always a great move? Remember this park is not like most others where they can close for several months to prep and build without it affecting day to day operations of other rides and attractions. There are cramped parks everywhere and that's exactly what they look like packed to the bream with things! If this or any park starts to approach a point where expansion isn't really possible at the time, the option of dismantiling older things to make way for newer things! If Magic Mountain installs let's say a Giga for $hits an Giggles, then no matter where it is in the park is gonna run over, around, and maybe under something at least once. I stated that - that AREA ALONE can't support something of that caliber but obviously a creative department can place anything anywhere.

I find it ridiculous to cry about, and hate on my post without understanding the words within! You don't always have to jump on the bandwagon to be liked, my opinion is mine just as yours is yours buddy!

Ahhhh too much drama. Coasters aren't made of drama are they? Cause this thread is starting to make me think they are. Like Elissa said lets take a chill pill and actually discuss something worthy of discussing.

I would love something like that at SFMM, but with Superman (especially if one side is supposed to be turned back around again) I think it would be too redundant. But who knows, with all these similar coasters popping up at parks for 2012, anything could happen.

I would love something like that at SFMM, but with Superman (especially if one side is supposed to be turned back around again) I think it would be too redundant. But who knows, with all these similar coasters popping up at parks for 2012, anything could happen.

I thought adding GL was redundant when they already have X2. IMO, redundancy is permissible if the new coaster is significantly bigger or better than the older one. I could see SFMM getting something super tall or fast like KK to regain their coaster title and break a new record or two as well. The question is whether or not they should [for 2012].

SFMM has gotten a lot of big coasters in the last decade and not too many smaller, family-style coasters. I wouldn't be surprised if they relocated Pandemonium to SFMM as an attempt to even things out a bit.

^ I think you will start to see SGMM balanced out in the next few years. There isnt a lot to do at the park unless you want to ride roller coasters. Which is awesome for us, but not for the all of the families and people who are scared of coasters. Keep in mind you guys have got a ton of big thrilling coasters over the year and should expect to start getting some "other" stuff.

My take on this is im glad Shipwreck falls is leaving, it was a nightmare with many problems and one of the only shoot the chutes that didn't get people wet lol

I think the writing is on the wall for flashback, that one has a ton of down time and really isn't that popular anymore. I think 2012 is the final year for flashback as it will probably get moved or destroyed .

I have never ridden an inverted boomerang before so it will be a treat i guess to experience one or maybe not lol

Six Flags as a company has no clue what they are doing as in terms of placing rides, it seems that they don't send people from the big office around to see that they have a boomerang already and also putting them side by side lol

They need to put a team together that can better see what each park has and go why are we putting the same type of coaster next to each other and in the same park . I will take just about any coaster that comes to my home park lol it does suck seeing rides leave

We kept talking about thrilling coasters, but wait about something the park REALLY needs, like a few flat/tower rides or a big new family section. I could see some crazy Funtime ride going in there since it seem like SF put in quite a few FT rides into there parks this year

^You really need to watch your tone if you'd like to fit in here. No one is attacking or flaming you, have you ever been on the internet before!??!

Let it go, you've been warned.

There really isn't anything to let go and my tone merely mirrored the way the follow-on post went, I mean really the only issue is the intolerability of someone's post if it doest match up to another poster views, so yeah I've been on the Internet, but I've let it go, I just hope we can get back to civility and have a discussion without being dismissed for having an opinion or different point of view!

SFMM has gotten a lot of big coasters in the last decade and not too many smaller, family-style coasters. I wouldn't be surprised if they relocated Pandemonium to SFMM as an attempt to even things out a bit.

I too have been wondering if the park Pandemonium is getting relocated to is MM. It would certainly fit well in Vu's footprint, and the land is pretty much already cleared. I think Pandemonium along with some kind of drop tower would be a perfect pair of additions for 2012.

I agree that the park will begin to "balance" out over the next few years. But I will not rest until SFMM has the one coaster they have been missing since Colossus opened back in '78, an airtime machine. SFGadv has one, SFOT has one and I want SFMM to have one.

After that I don't care if they never build another coaster. But right now there are too many inversions and not enough airtime.

Edited by John Knotts

^You really need to watch your tone if you'd like to fit in here. No one is attacking or flaming you, have you ever been on the internet before!??!

Let it go, you've been warned.

There really isn't anything to let go and my tone merely mirrored the way the follow-on post went, I mean really the only issue is the intolerability of someone's post if it doest match up to another poster views, so yeah I've been on the Internet, but I've let it go, I just hope we can get back to civility and have a discussion without being dismissed for having an opinion or different point of view!

I know you are upset because no one is agreeing with your opinion, but seriously LET IT GO!! You've now had a moderator and a site administrator tell you this.

Everyone's opinion is welcome on this site and you are allowed to have yours. But you need to be willing to understand that people will disagree with things you say sometimes. Continuing to complain about this fact, will get you nowhere on this site. Now, please move on.

Edited by ernierocker

^ Tatsu could have been built ANYWHERE. Sure it was a custom layout, but it's not really built into the land like Revolution, Gold Rusher or even Ninja was. They just built it on top of the hill.

Uh, not really. With a 263-foot change in elevation from its highest peak to the bottom of the pretzel loop, and seeing as how the lift is 170 feet tall, that means to fit the entire ride onto a flat piece of land, the station would have to be almost 100 feet off the ground! Don't know about you, but I've never seen a coaster who's station is 100 feet off the ground!

Dude are you serious!!!! I said I let it go, but thanks for jumping on the band wagon! Let's move on...

Yep, shame on him for jumping on the band wagon and wanting things to be settle in this thread. Wait a minute... he's a mod, he's supposed to do that.

Somebody hasn't been reading the terms of service...

Dude are you serious!!!! I said I let it go, but thanks for jumping on the band wagon! Let's move on...

Dear magic70,

You are being a complete douchebag and are about to be banned from TPR forever. Fix your shitty attitude REAL QUICK or you will be gone.

Got it? I hope so.

--Robb

I will be making my long awaited return to the park tomorrow. Saying goodbye to Deja Vu is my first priority, and if the line isn't God Awful maybe I might experience Green Lantern for the first time.

Edited by Calicoasters