TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I agree, Ghostrider doesn't need a to be messed with. Leave it as is. My opinion if you don't like it being rough the way that ride is, then don't ride it lol. . But getting back on track GL does look like its gonna be a very fun ride...Looks like its gonna be a really short ride though. But with all the videos of TPR members riding Insane, looks like none of them are disappointed with that one. So I got hope . I think after MM gets this ride in place, they need to start worrying about their Guest Service skills with their employees!! Ok I'm done talking now lol

Looking ahead, lets hope that for NEXT year, SFMM goes ahead with the Screamscape rumored transformation of Colossus!

I kinda disagree actually, I think the ride is fine as it is.

If anything, GhostRider or Grizzly at CGA need the Texas Giant treatment more than Colossus right now :/

Colossus is running great (both sides), since it's rehab earlier this year. It's good, the way it is. Ghostrider at Knotts is another story.

Colossus is running great (both sides), since it's rehab earlier this year.

I agree with this. Colossus is a great coaster in my opinion. (Although my favorite still goes to Prowler. )

Hoping I can get a trip out to California sometime to get a ride on on GL after it opens..

Looking ahead, lets hope that for NEXT year, SFMM goes ahead with the Screamscape rumored transformation of Colossus!

Maybe in the future, but for next year, if the early rumours are any indication, it will be something big that we could dive into...

Part 2 of my Interpreted design where I am thinking the GL queue might be integrated around the new ride. You enter from the right, the queue wraps behind GL and heads straight to the station, which I am assuming going up stairs. I could be wrong, but I believe that small structure in the corner nearest to the Batman: The Ride queue will be the Photo Pick-Up Station or Lockers. It's my guess. We'll see if I am correct with what I designed below for the GL queue.

You can view the first half and what I believe could be the entrance on page 1816. What does everybdy think? Is it plausible this could be the layout, or could be be completely different?

I assembled both images into one, but I agree now that there would have to be two exits, I didn't think about that, but we'll see how it turns out from what I created here.

ASSEMBLED IMAGES

Well, something is being built in the far corner where I assume could be the lockers, however it might be the

pick-up photo image' area as you exit. The lockers for Apocalypse are actually located in the exit area, and before guests enter the main queue for the ride, so I assume it might be the same with GL, we'll see once they begin exterior work on GL. All the track should be completed by mid-afternoon on Monday.

Tim

1529273207_SFMM_GreenLantern_QueueEXITarea.jpg.d8fbdfee0a88886132701839b293220c.jpg

Edited by CloneCaptain38

Can we please keep this on topic?? (aka talking about SFMM/Green Lantern etc)

Debating which ride (or not and why) should get the rocky mountain treatment can be done below

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57500

Thank you

Isn't this a general SFMM discussion thread? Wouldn't that mean Colossus is on topic? It's not a Green Lantern thread. That's just the latest focus here.

Edited by Zingoman

Debating which ride (or not and why) should get the rocky mountain treatment can be done below

Thank you

Isn't this a general SFMM discussion thread? Wouldn't that mean Colossus is on topic? It's not a Green Lantern thread. That's just the latest focus here lately.

That is the impression I got.

I was thinking that even if Colossus did not receive the Rocky Mountain treatment, what would the possibility of the ride getting new trains? I'm not a fan of the current trains, are they from Morgan/Chance? Maybe new trains could make it a bit smoother and more enjoyable to ride.

I have to say Colossus's trains are notably crappy. I never liked them and I first rode that ride back before I even noticed or cared about things like that. That was 17 years ago and my opinion remains the same. They suck. I was shocked to ride the Morgans over at Rye Playland, and Sea Breeze and not hate the way they ran. I hate that those fiberglass tanks are running on such historic rides, but they did run well.

Will there be Green lantern statuary and/or other theming decor in the area? I know they are touching up all of the building facades, was just wondering if there was going to be anything else done to that area...

Thank you

Isn't this a general SFMM discussion thread? Wouldn't that mean Colossus is on topic? It's not a Green Lantern thread. That's just the latest focus here.

The reason i posted that was due to the number of posts before mine were the discussion appeared to be about colossus versus ghostrider versus grizzly and which should be getting the treatment..

This is a topic about SFMM and it's rides... not about which ride in which park deserves a possible (yes as long as nothing is confirmed it's a possibility (or dream)) treatment.

/Hanno (TPR mod in a different timezone)

Has anyone used Military discount tickets ? My brother is in the Military and is going with us but he wont show up till mid afternoon do they ask for id if using the military ticket that was purchased at a base?

No, you do not need to show id. I've done it many times.

This will definetly need a HUGE queue. Especially given the fact that I hear MM crews are slow as hell.

Actually, with its lower capacity, it probably will not need that huge of a queue. The shorter line will still have a sign at the end of it saying '3 hours from this point,' which should be enough to keep it from being a mile long.

Can we keep it on topic please this is not the military thread, or the brother thread, or the "visiting in the afternoon" thread or the discount thread this is the Magic Mountain thread.

K thanks.

/sarcasm

I don't mean to come off as an @$$ but Hanno's doing his job I don't believe there's a need to be sarcastic towards him for it and towards someone who's asking a serious question. Anyways I agree on the queue needing to be extra large. I can just see the queue being constantly full under SFMM's operations. Ride looks great and it's coming along fast.

-Cookie "Don't mean to start an argument" Iorio

^Face it. The queue is going to move very slowly no matter who is operating the ride. Not even Disney can build a good-capacity wild mouse; even at the slowest operated parks, the wait time to be allowed to send out a train is almost always longer than the actual time it takes to check the seats. Should I go to SFMM, I might consider a Flashpass. I have been itching to try out one anyway, even if I may have to pay an extra fee for GL.