Steel Vengeance Media Day - Photo & Video Report

How is that big new amazing looking RMC coaster, anyway?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Steel Vengeance Media Day - Photo & Video Report

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Thanks to Robb, RMC and CP for the coverage - this has been such an incredible journey watching this beast get built. So much hype, teasers and anticipation...it seems surreal that it's almost opening day!

We are now seriously thinking about hitting this park on our way back from Branson in a couple of weeks. If the weather is halfway decent that weekend, we will be popping in and I'll be grabbing a FL+ for the day in hopes of getting a few rides! :airtime:

Edit: I couldn't stand it...I just booked a room at the Breakers for May 12th - just hoping for NO RAIN (or snow)!!!! :b

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby TBpony414 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:42 pm

Philrad71 wrote:We are now seriously thinking about hitting this park on our way back from Branson in a couple of weeks. If the weather is halfway decent that weekend, we will be popping in and I'll be grabbing a FL+ for the day in hopes of getting a few rides! :airtime:

Edit: I couldn't stand it...I just booked a room at the Breakers for May 12th - just hoping for NO RAIN (or snow)!!!! :b

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :airtime: :airtime: :airtime: I fully support this behavior and expect a full report of your visit to both parks!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby litoson80 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:28 pm

Thanks for the amazing coverage!

I cant wait for opening day next week! Right when the park opens I will be there. I know I am going to fall in love.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Hmrapp » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:38 am

I'll be visiting the 11th of May, and will be arriving at 9:00 that Friday morning to get my one hour ERT on I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool. How many rides do you think I'll be able to accumulate in that time period?
RCDB Freak. Perception is an illusion altered by instinctual conformity. :devil:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:59 am

Hmrapp wrote:I'll be visiting the 11th of May, and will be arriving at 9:00 that Friday morning to get my one hour ERT on I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool. How many rides do you think I'll be able to accumulate in that time period?

First of all. Don't call it I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool if you don't want me to personally come to your house and slap you in the face.

Secondly, HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION!?!?!?

The ride hasn't actually opened to the public yet. There hasn't been any early morning ERTs yet. There is literally NO DATA AT ALL that anyone could formulate an educated response to that question.

I mean, I'll just go ahead and answer "one" because I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get at least one ride on it during that time.

Seriously though people, are we really this uneducated that it's not obvious that a question like this cannot yet actually be answered?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Hmrapp » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:50 am

Secondly, HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION!?!?!?

The ride hasn't actually opened to the public yet. There hasn't been any early morning ERTs yet. There is literally NO DATA AT ALL that anyone could formulate an educated response to that question.

I mean, I'll just go ahead and answer "one" because I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get at least one ride on it during that time.

Seriously though people, are we really this uneducated that it's not obvious that a question like this cannot yet actually be answered?[/quote]

I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool sorry. I understand your stance. However, based off of other rides... Cough, cough... Maverick, I think we can make educated guesses". Granted, I'll end it here.
RCDB Freak. Perception is an illusion altered by instinctual conformity. :devil:

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:25 am

TBpony414 wrote:
Philrad71 wrote:We are now seriously thinking about hitting this park on our way back from Branson in a couple of weeks. If the weather is halfway decent that weekend, we will be popping in and I'll be grabbing a FL+ for the day in hopes of getting a few rides! :airtime:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :airtime: :airtime: :airtime: I fully support this behavior and expect a full report of your visit to both parks!

I am so weak, aren't I? A couple of awesome POV's and I cave like a house of cards and book a room! :lol:

A request for a TR? It shall be done!!! ;)

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:36 am

^ I feel your pain after seeing all these videos and reviews. I made the last minute decision to take off of work on Monday to drive 4 hours there and 4 hours back for the pass holder hoedown. I thought I could hold off until the following weekend, but damn, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. 8)

Awesome footage all around, Robb!

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:38 am

^ Awesome - have fun and make sure to take photos and post a report! :)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Hmrapp wrote:I understand your stance. However, based off of other rides... Cough, cough... Maverick, I think we can make educated guesses". Granted, I'll end it here.

Maverick opened in 2007, well before the hype of social media and it's a completely different type of ride, different type of trains and restraints, different type of load/unload process, etc. I'm not even sure how you could compare the two.

I'm going to assume that there will be a *LOT* more people heading out for Steel Vengeance in the first couple of weeks of early morning ERT than there were for Maverick. I stand by my initial guess of "one." Thinking that if you are there first, you'll get one ride in, and by the time you get that one ride in, there will be an hour long line that would have built up while you are riding. And if you're not there first, you're in that hour long line...

So yeah... "one" is a pretty educated guess. :p

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!