Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby bbmchl » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:53 am

prozach626 wrote:^We made it work, but I didn't like powering through a beer in order to go to a ride. I carrying the beer throughout the park will make the popularity grow, since I had one guy walk all the way across the midway to ask us where we got the beers, while his wife waited with anticipation. The only time I ever see a few people who appear obviously drunk is at haunts and fright fests. I can only remember of a hand full of cases.

I agree with Zach. For those who enjoy drinking (responsibly) this is a really good thing. In addition to not wanting to power through a drink, we have young kids, so we can't have them just hanging around while the wife and I sip our drinks because we can't leave the premises. Just got back from DL/CA and really enjoyed being able to have a few drinks at CA walking around not having to pound it down. At the Disney parks where you can drink, CA in California and DHS, Epcot and AK in Florida, we have always been able to walk around with a drink. I have never seen anyone drunk at the Disney parks. I always thought SF had it backwards.

Mike

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Danrarbc » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:58 pm

I can pretty much guarantee anyone walking around a theme park full on tanked didn't do it on park beer. They smashed tallboys in the parking lot.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Kevin Long wrote:Full disclosure
I am a former bartender and was a security/bouncer supervisor at a 24 hour nightclub for 5 years - I do not drink.

A theme park is not a nightclub, but it's very nice. Oh yes, it's very nice.

Postby prozach626 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Kevin Long wrote:An amusement park is not a bar. If you really need to wander around with an alcoholic beverage to have a good time at the park; maybe the park sucks or you do.

I'm sure the employees have been told to cut people off if they're obviously drunk. There's alcohol at the zoo. There is now alcohol at movies. There's no harm in it as long as security and the bar tenders pay attention. Serve it in the parks or don't. People will get drunk one way or another if they want to. #dollywood#moonshine

Danrarbc wrote:I can pretty much guarantee anyone walking around a theme park full on tanked didn't do it on park beer. They smashed tallboys in the parking lot.

Hah... Yeah... I've never done that during Haunts.

(Busch gardens is an exception to the park beer/drunk rule.)

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Danrarbc » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:50 am

Anyone remember when Hersheypark was a similar park to SFSL? I had no idea they were up to 14 coasters already. And they get 15 in 2020 :(

Postby prozach626 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:47 pm

I don't think that's a good comparison. Also, Hershey is loaded with money and has one park to focus on vs. a chain of parks. I get what you're saying, though.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Kevin Long » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Danrarbc wrote:Anyone remember when Hersheypark was a similar park to SFSL? I had no idea they were up to 14 coasters already. And they get 15 in 2020 :(

SFSL is the red-headed stepchild to the chain. ( no offense to red-heads or stepchildren)

SFSL is the last picked for the kickball game.

SFSL has been friend zoned by the chain.

probably all bad examples.....

but they do explain things a bit.

Kevin

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:51 pm

It's a small market park in a rust belt town. If you live in St. Louis and don't understand your city's status in this country, then the blame is squarely on you.
Last edited by ytterbiumanalyst on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:52 am.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Kevin Long » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:05 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:It's a small market park in a rust belt town. If you live in St. Louis and don't understand your city's status in this country, then the blame os squarely on you.

I completely agree. that's why all the yearly speculation of some new large-scale coaster being put in the park makes me smile.

kevin

Postby prozach626 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:10 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:It's a small market park in a rust belt town. If you live in St. Louis and don't understand your city's status in this country, then the blame os squarely on you.

:nina:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!