Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby pkgdel5 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:55 pm

coasterkid124 wrote:As a Darien Lake fan, I feel the SFStL fans' pain. We haven't seen a major coaster installed in 15 years now. Is it fair for either park? No. But boycotting and writing negative comments never will help in the long run.

You always get that person who has had a bad experience with the park, and swears that he'll never come back. But nine times out of ten, yes he will be back. If people are angry at something, they are more likely to say something about it than if they had a great time. Out of the thousands of people who visit the park daily, maybe 5 or 10 will complain online. If the park does see a lot of people who boycott or don't come back, they will surely not add a coaster for awhile.

The best way to speed up the process is to just suck it up, and keep visiting. Convince your friends to go. Convince family members and co-workers to go. The more people that go, the better. If the park sees even one more guest per group that visits, it will help. Once Six Flags sees a large profit, they will spend the money and build big.

Totally agree with you coasterkid124!!!!

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:13 pm

pkgdel5 wrote:
coasterkid124 wrote:As a Darien Lake fan, I feel the SFStL fans' pain. We haven't seen a major coaster installed in 15 years now. Is it fair for either park? No. But boycotting and writing negative comments never will help in the long run.

You always get that person who has had a bad experience with the park, and swears that he'll never come back. But nine times out of ten, yes he will be back. If people are angry at something, they are more likely to say something about it than if they had a great time. Out of the thousands of people who visit the park daily, maybe 5 or 10 will complain online. If the park does see a lot of people who boycott or don't come back, they will surely not add a coaster for awhile.

The best way to speed up the process is to just suck it up, and keep visiting. Convince your friends to go. Convince family members and co-workers to go. The more people that go, the better. If the park sees even one more guest per group that visits, it will help. Once Six Flags sees a large profit, they will spend the money and build big.

Totally agree with you coasterkid124!!!!

Ditto!
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Has RMC done any work at all on The Boss before?

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Looks like this weekend will be the best time to buy or renew your season pass. This is really a good deal! Now if you process your season dining pass before Sept 1st you get a free sports bottle! Plus you get free refills the rest of this year.
Capture 2.PNG
Capture 3.PNG

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:40 pm

After looking at the last clue on SFSTL's Facebook, I'm actually convinced that there will be a Fright Fest overlay before construction begins on Justice League. It might explain why nothing official has been announced for Fright Fest yet. Guess we will see tomorrow.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:53 pm

HARLEYGUYJB wrote:Has RMC done any work at all on The Boss before?

According to RMC's website, yes.

http://www.rockymtnconstruction.com/portfolio.php

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:55 pm

I just don't remember seeing that before on their website. That's why I was asking. What have they repaired then?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:00 pm

^ I would guess and say that it was more than likely a combination of track and structure since that is what RMC mostly deals with.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:38 am

Six Flags Introduces JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS
New Interactive Dark Ride Coming in 2015 Combines State-of-the-Art Technology For the Ultimate Super Hero Mission

Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, and Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas — in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment — today announced the next generation of interactive thrills with the debut of an all-new 3D interactive dark ride attraction, JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS. Slated to open at both Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis in 2015, guests will become members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team, and engage in a full-sensory journey as they battle alongside SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen. Traveling in six-passenger vehicles, riders must outsmart Lex Luthor and The Joker and save the city of Metropolis.

“Introducing a dark ride that combines this level of technology and the popular DC Comics brand will bring an unmatched, interactive experience to our guests in 2015,” stated Tom Iven, senior vice president of U.S. park operations for Six Flags. “The addition of JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS is another example of our company’s commitment to delivering new and innovative thrills in every park, every year.”
JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS will feature:

An interactive queue line and loading area where guests will receive instructions, 3D glasses and a stun gun to stop the bad guys.
A storyline that unfolds with Lex Luthor and The Joker hacking into BATMAN’s computer system and uncovering vital information that exposes vulnerability in the JUSTICE LEAGUE’s defenses. Riders will fight alongside SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN to save the world from being infected with The Joker’s special laughing gas.
A nexus of new technologies to put guests right in the center of this interactive battle.
Lifelike animatronic super heroes designed by Sally Manufacturing, the industry leader in dark rides.
3D graphics and film produced by Pure Imagination, the gurus of Computer Generated Imagery.
Robust gaming elements by Alterface, renowned for their work in site-based interactive game play.
First-of-its-kind, fully programmable, multi-DOF (degree-of-freedom) vehicles that will transport guests through all the exciting twists and turns designed by Oceaneering.

Coming in 2015! JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS is recruiting new superheroes for the ultimate adventure mission – a 3D interactive dark ride experience! Get ready to match wits against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen as you join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve team.

After touring the fully immersive 3D Hall of Justice, you’ll receive your very own stun gun to battle the bad guys then it’s a swift ride through a dazzlingly designed Metropolis cityscape, deep into the shadows of Lex Corp. Lifelike animatronics, cutting edge special effects, 3D video, eye-popping graphics, real-time gaming and a mind-tingling sound-scape make this journey to justice an utterly interactive experience. Will you rescue SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, and GREEN LANTERN from Lex Luthor’s and The Joker’s evil plans? Join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team today to save your favorite superheroes!

JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS is a cutting edge, fully immersive dark ride experience which places you right in the middle of the action – in 3D!

As you explore the interactive Hall of Justice, you’ll be given special 3D glasses and a working stun gun to help you battle Lex Luthor and The Joker. They’ve hacked into BATMAN’s computer and kidnapped the world’s favorite superheroes, SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, and GREEN LANTERN. Now you must bust into Lex Corp. to rescue them!

Riders will board motion-based vehicles for a wild journey through the Metropolis streets, where you’ll meet up with life-sized animatronics.

Everywhere you look, state-of-the-art 3D imagery will draw you deeper into the adventure. Your unique transporter will take you piloting through a realistic 3D environment.

Can you thwart The Joker’s evil plan to infect the city with laughing gas? Only if you’re brave enough to join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team!
Facts: JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS

Interactive dark ride
Six-passenger motion-based vehicles
Each rider is equipped with 3D glasses and a stun gun
Lifelike animatronics
Cutting-edge special effects

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/attractions/battle-for-metropolis/overview

news_battleformetropolisstl.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:26 am.

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:57 am

So I guess Battle for Metropolis will not be a water ride..I'm ok with that.

Now that Twisted Cyclone and Wicked Cyclone are confirmed,both were coaster built back in the 1970's. Could Screamin' Eagle be up next for RMC rehab instead of The Boss?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!