Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby Danrarbc » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:54 am

prozach626 wrote:^ Good to know. Is there any new lighting in the park?

Not that I can tell. I wish that there'd be more.

Actually, with Colossus down for its upgrade, the ride hasn't had the lighting package on at all either. Dark for basically two months at this point. So if anything the lighting is worse at the moment.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby teacherkim » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:07 pm

prozach626 wrote:Nah. They sold it to Raging Rivers and are in the process of replacing it with a diving board.

I don't know if anyone has talked about it, but for those who have been to the park this year are there any minor updates or areas that have been cleaned up?

Thanks for the summer sarcasm refresher Prozach........as a 7th grade teacher I'm never exposed to sarcasm. She says sarcastically and with a grin :)

I haven't been real recently due to getting more than a mom's fill of parks at CoasterCon a couple weeks ago BUT I know early in the year I noticed a definite improvement in some of the landscaping. They had planted some cool weather flowers back in the spring, which hopefully have since been replaced with warm weather flowers, and had filled in several previously bare planter areas. I have to say in all seriousness that the gardens/landscaping at BGW really blew me away. Spectacular.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:49 am

I was HH yesterday, there was a backhoe and a few skid-steer's clearing out some of the woods next to Big Kahuna and Wahoo Racer. Not sure what they're doing yet, but very curious! Sorry didn't have my phone on me to grab some photos.
six flags.PNG

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby teacherkim » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:23 am

Hmmm....that's interesting.

I found out the answer to my own question about TT. There was a VERY brief story on the morning local news. They just stated that a woman had fallen out of the raft on opening day of the ride, gotten whiplash, the ride had been closed ever since and they noted that there is no inspection requirement for water slides in MO. I'm sure a lot of people will immediately start thinking of the KC slide where the very sad and unfortunate death occurred, even though the two situations have nothing in common. I wonder if the thing is dead even before it got off the ground?

Prozach your comment may not have been sarcasm after all! Maybe they can convince the populace that they did a "tweak" and its ok?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Whip lash? Typical. The ambulance chasers were all over this. She'll get a little bit of money, which is what this is all about. If you tell a doctor that your neck hurts really bad they're going to diagnose you with whip lash. If you complain enough they're going to cover their asses and tell you to wear a neck brace for several days. I don't even know why I have to say it, since we already know this.

Thornhill wrote in a message to The Associated Press that she had since hired an attorney and would not be able to answer more questions. She declined to provide the attorney’s name.

I was waiting for this.

“If it has mechanical things to get you up … then it’s a ride,”

Whoa...

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Tuly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:44 am

Hi everyone I’m back with another question! If I have the platinum pass with the Bring a friend free reward as well as the bring a friend for 20$ reward would it be possible to use these on the same day? Thanks all (-:
Montu : The Boss : Goliath(SFGAM)
Coaster Count : 30

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Danrarbc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:25 am

Tuly wrote:Hi everyone I’m back with another question! If I have the platinum pass with the Bring a friend free reward as well as the bring a friend for 20$ reward would it be possible to use these on the same day? Thanks all (-:

Yes you can use both on the same day. They are two separate offers that are redeemed independently.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:25 am

Typhoon Twister is still closed. :cry: No timetable on when it will open back up either.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:56 pm

HARLEYGUYJB wrote:Typhoon Twister is still closed. :cry: No timetable on when it will open back up either.

This whole situation is a little bit ridiculous. Just this summer, I've seen several people fall out of tubes/rafts at my local waterpark and the rides didn't get closed down. This happens when people don't hold onto the handles tight enough, not because there's something wrong with the slides.
Coaster Count: 209 Last Coaster: Hangtime
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!