Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 129 - NBA Experience Media Day Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:40 pm

Does anyone know of any merch location(s) where they sell out-of-season clearance items? I never got down to EPCOT a second time before the Festival of the Arts was over and I want to see if I can still pick up a shirt.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby kenban » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:23 pm

A.J. wrote:Does anyone know of any merch location(s) where they sell out-of-season clearance items? I never got down to EPCOT a second time before the Festival of the Arts was over and I want to see if I can still pick up a shirt.

The resort runs two outlet stores at local outlet malls. They send all the clearance merchandise to those stores, they frequently receive items from festivals and holidays. Your looking for Disney’s Character Warehouse. There are a number of fake Disney outlets around Orlando but the real ones are run by actual WDW employees. There is one in an outlet mall on I-Drive and at the Orlando Premium Outlets.

I have run into items from Shanghai Disneyland, and from the Disneyland resort at the two outlet stores in Orlando. I asked an employee and they claim those resorts do not have outlet stores and they just ship leftover items to Orlando to sell. Seems strange to me but I do not have a logical explanation.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:05 pm

^&^^Yup! I was at the warehouse at the I-Drive outlets about three weeks ago and got the long sleeve chip and dale holiday shirt that I wanted for $9 marked down from $39!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:35 am

This weekend Raglan Road Pub at Disney Springs is hosting its annual Mighty St. Patrick's Festival in honor of St. Patrick's Day! This event brings special entertainment throughout the weekend (starting today, March 15th and running through Sunday, March 17th, 2019! We were fortunate enough to get a preview of this year's offerings last night and there is a lot to be excited about during this festival! Raglan Road has always been a highlight when it comes to food and entertainment at Disney Springs and the Mighty St. Patrick's Festival is another great reason to come out and visit!
1.jpeg
Last night we visited Raglan Road Pub for a preview of this year’s Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival!
2.jpeg
A look at the packed schedule of special entertainment that can be experienced throughout the weekend at Raglan Road!
3.jpeg
If you're looking to celebrate St. Patrick's Day weekend with some beer, look no further!
4.jpg
Our first sample was a taste of Raglan's signature "Hog in the Box," a slow roasted pork shoulder with sweet onion stuffing, caramelized onions, applesauce and a pork crackling. It was delicious!
5.jpeg
Cookes of Dublin, Raglan Road's quick service option next door will debut a new mini chicken slider soon and we got a sneak peak! The chicken was juicy and tender, and the batter was fantastic!
6.jpeg
Raglan Road isn't just about dining... Live entertainment allows for immersive step dancing, folk music and a bit of interactivity for the kids!
7.jpeg
Next up was the Heavenly Ham and it certainly lived up to its name!
8.JPG
Maca, an award winning 3 piece Traditional & Folk music group from Ireland is performing at Raglan Road Pub for the Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival!
9.jpeg
Ben Gunnery has gone on tour internationally with various companies including Barrage, Riverdance and Gaelforce, and he’s performing live at Raglan Road Pub during the Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival!
10.jpg
Raglan's signature Fish & Chips are always worth trying!
11.jpeg
The Raglan Risotto is hearty and wonderfully flavorful!
12.jpeg
The Dalkey Donkey is an Irish take on the classic Moscow Mule, subbing vodka for whiskey!
13.jpeg
The "Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do" is one of my favorite dishes on the Raglan Road menu. The gnocchi are light and pillowy (with a charred exterior) and the scallops are plump and cooked perfectly!
14.jpeg
Raglan Road hosts a variety of performers throughout the day, featuring Irish folk musicians (who sink well known songs as well as classic tunes with modern takes).
15.jpeg
Irish step dancing is a major part of the Raglan Road experience and guests are seated right in the middle of it all!
16.jpeg
Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding is an absolute must try when visiting Raglan Road!
17.jpeg
No guest is too old to try step dancing at Raglan Road!
18.jpeg
The Fluffy Lemon Clouds are quite the treat for dessert.
19.JPG
There's nothing not to love at Raglan Road!
20.JPG
Bringing new meaning to "getting some air."
21.JPG
DANCE OFF!!!
22.jpeg
The Mighty St. Patrick's Festival runs through Sunday, March 17th, 2019 (this weekend) at Raglan Road Pub in Disney Springs! Whether you're looking for a bite, a pint, great entertainment or a combination of the above, a visit will be well worth your time! Thanks to Raglan Road for hosting us for the delicious preview of this weekend's festivities! Sláinte!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:42 pm

That looks like a lot of fun. Dalkey Donkey...nice pun, and I'm sure a good drink too.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:01 pm

Last night TPR was invited to attend a special event celebrating the opening of Jaleo by Chef Jose Andres at Disney Springs! This new restaurant is built upon the former Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe but you'd never know it when you visit this totally new experience. Jaleo is vibrant, colorful and unlike anything you'll find in Disney Springs when it comes to architecture or dining experience. Jaleo's cornerstone is offering a wide variety of tapas-style options that are inspired by the flavors of Spain. Paella is a specialty here, but beyond that, you'll find a number of unique tastes like iberica ham, pork chorizo, croquettas de pollo and the "Ibérico de bellota mini hamburguesa," a pork burger that is out of this world! And like with the food options, drinks are phenomenal here... Gin, bourbon, sangria, wine--you can't go wrong with any choice here!

Attached to Jaleo is Pepe, a quick service option for Spanish-style sandwiches, gazpacho and amazing soft serve--all of which are definitely worth your while when you're aiming for the on-the-go!

Jaleo and Pepe are amazing new additions to Disney Springs, and one of the first new options to open at Disney Springs' West Side. It is hard to believe that only a few years ago much of Disney Springs did not exist, but looking at that has opened in that time, it is easy to see why these additions have been so successful! The bar has consistently been raised when it comes to shopping, dining and entertainment and Jaleo pushes that trend even higher. I can't recommend enough stepping into Jaleo for a bite--you won't regret it!
1.jpeg
Jaleo's distinct architecture leaves no impression of the restaurant that previously occupied this space on the West Side of Disney Springs.
2.jpeg
Jose Andres is a celebrate chef with a number of restaurants throughout the United States (with a larger number in the Washington DC area). He's also a known philanthropist--a great fit for another Celebrity Chef restaurant here at Disney Springs.
3.jpeg
Pepe is a small storefront in the Jaleo complex that offers fast-casual/quick service options.
4.jpeg
Nothing like being greeted with freshly sliced iberica ham.
5.jpeg
If you've not tasted iberica ham, you're in for a treat...
6.jpeg
The open kitchen provides great views of the wood fire cooking setup... Huge skillets are filled with different dishes including fresh paella, boneless chicken wings (not in the style you'd expect) and more. The flavors are distinct and robust...
7.jpeg
Cute!
8.jpeg
The decor is quite funky inside and we love it!
9.jpeg
The "Endivias con queso de cabra y naranjas" (Endives, goat cheese, oranges and almonds) were delicious and the sangria was fantastic too!
10.jpeg
Chorizo sausage for the win!
11.jpeg
Sea urchin lovers like me will be drooling!
12.jpeg
Seriously fresh paella!
13.jpeg
The Inside Out features Spanish sweet vermouth, Penedés brandy, bourbon, Angostura bitters and it is amazing!
15.jpeg
One of the specialties at Jaleo by Chef Jose Andres is the paella and it is absolutely delicious! This vegetable paella features a variety of mushrooms including morels... And if you've never had morels, you'll be head over heels for this paella!
16.jpeg
The Arroz a banda con gambas is made with shrimp and squid and it is a seafood lover's delight!
17.jpeg
This boneless chicken wing was literally a wing with the bones removed and cooked whole. A single, whole bite of bliss!
18.jpeg
Battered squid, anyone?
19.jpeg
This was easily the best gin and tonic I've ever had.
20.jpeg
More sea urchin for the win!
21.jpeg
In case you were wondering, they have Mexican Coke available to order at Jaleo!
22.jpeg
I didn't know I needed liquefied olives in my life until I tried one. Unbelievable!
23.jpeg
Jaleo's croquettas are served on a pillow and they are little pillows of heaven to consume!
24.jpeg
Watermelon and tomato--not something I would have thought to pair but it worked wonderfully.
25.jpeg
The "Ibérico de bellota mini hamburguesa" is amazing. Don't ask questions... Just order twelve.
26.JPG
Chef Jose Andres was present to celebrate the opening of Jaleo at Disney Springs!
27.jpeg
What's better than a boatload of oysters? TWO boatloads of oysters!
28.jpeg
This Matador mural is a key feature of the restaurant's unique design.
29.jpeg
The second floor is equally trendy and the atrium view of the first floor is quite nice!
30.jpeg
The view of Saratoga Springs from Jaleo is lovely at dusk.
31.jpeg
It looks like there's a demonstration kitchen available on the second floor of the restaurant too...
32.jpeg
Some unique merchandise can purchased at Jaleo... I want the Jamones shirt.
33.jpeg
Iberica ham and caviar? SIGN ME UP!
34.jpg
The Pan con chocolate is a chocolate custard with caramelized bread, olive oil and brioche ice cream. There wasn't a bite left on the plate by the time I was finished.
35.jpg
The house flan was my favorite I've had at Disney Springs!
36.jpeg
The Leche Merenga/Fresa swirl soft serve at Pepe is wonderful!
37.jpeg
We had a fantastic time Jaleo by Chef Jose Andres tonight! Be sure to check out Jaleo at Disney Springs the next time you visit Walt Disney World!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:13 pm

Great report! Food looks great. I've never heard of liquefied olives before either but I really want to try that now

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:07 pm

So "Spanish" food has always been one of the types of food I never really liked a ton, but I definitely want to try this place based on the menu and the amazing things that Chef Andres does in his life.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:31 pm

SharkTums wrote:the amazing things that Chef Andres does in his life.

Seconded. Good food, good guy. What's not to love? All of this looks incredible too.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DavidCamero » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:57 am

The Raglan Risotto looks absolutely tasty man. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!