Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 793: Tigris track installation has begun!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby SharkTums » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:39 am

BUSCH GARDENS TAMPA BAY ANNOUNCES NEW MULTI-LAUNCH THRILL COASTER “TIGRIS”

Florida’s Tallest Launch Coaster Will Open Spring 2019; A Second New Thrill Ride Coming in 2020

TAMPA, Fla. (Sept. 12, 2018) – Today, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay continues to solidify its position as Florida’s thrill leader with the announcement of TigrisTM, a new triple-launch steel coaster and Florida’s tallest launch coaster, roaring to the park next spring, 2019.

An innovative experience, Tigris will catapult riders through an exhilarating array of looping twists with forward and backward motion, breath-taking drops, a 150-foot skyward surge, and an inverted heartline roll, all at more than 60 miles per hour. Tigris will race riders along more than 1,800 feet of steel track designed to mimic the awe-inspiring agility of the world’s largest and most powerful cat –the tiger.

“Tigris will be a strong addition to our family of world-class thrill rides. With three intensely exciting launch points, this ride is unlike anything we have in our coaster collection,” said Stewart Clark, president and general manager of Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. “This new attraction is a testament to our continuing investment in the park, and bringing new and innovative experiences to our guests.”

To further solidify Busch Gardens’ reign as Florida’s thrill ride leader, more news is on the horizon – a second new thrill ride will be coming to the Gwazi area of the park in 2020.

The two new thrill rides will join a top-rated list of favorites for coaster enthusiasts, including Cheetah Hunt, the park’s longest coaster, SheiKra, a 200-foot tall floorless dive coaster, Falcon’s Fury, a 335-foot freestanding drop tower, Montu, an inverted coaster, Kumba, and Cobra’s Curse, to name a few.

For the best way to experience the new Tigris, all of Busch Gardens thrill rides, as well as more than a dozen seasonal events throughout the year, the Annual Pass offers unlimited admission for 12 months, free parking and special benefits, starting at only $14 per month.
Taking its name from that of the world’s largest cat species, Panthera tigris, the new Tigris attraction is being constructed in the Stanleyville area of the theme park adjacent to Jungala®, which houses the park’s endangered Bengal tigers. Additionally, Busch Gardens is home to Malayan tigers – a subspecies that has fewer than 500 individuals remaining in the wild. The park’s resident cats are an integral part of the Association of Zoos & Aquariums’ Species Survival Plan.

More than 100,000 tigers stalked the grasslands and forests of Asia just 100 years ago. Now, every remaining subspecies of this big cat are endangered, and fewer than 4,000 total tigers remain in the wild. Threats to tiger populations include poaching, human encroachment on vital tiger habitat, deforestation and loss of vital prey species.

The Tigris queue will include educational content about the plight of tigers in the wild and what conservationists – including the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund – are doing to help save them. In addition, the purchase of any merchandise in the Tigris gift shop will help make a difference, with 5% of the sales price donated to the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund to protect tigers and their habitat.

To learn more and be the first to know about construction updates, new events and future announcements, fans can follow the park’s blog or join the social conversation using #TakeOnTigris on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Dm5pflbW4AE_C3G.jpg
Dm5lzSeUcAA8zNm.jpg
Dm5m3VtV4AApSI9.jpg
Way more exciting!!! Near confirmation of RMCing of Gwazi!
Tigris Full Track.jpg
Tigris Key Image.jpg
Tigris Reverse POV.jpg
Tigris Track and Car.jpg
Tigris Twist.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:11 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:41 am

The new coaster looks fun, but I'm more intrigued by this...
Screenshot_20180912-103634_Facebook.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:43 am

Oh, come on, Busch Gardens, pretty much everyone knows what's happening for 2020. :lmao:
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:48 am

I think most people may wait to travel to ride Tigris in 2020...Definitely going to be there for RMC Gwazi in 2020! Can't believe they announced both today! What an awesome surprise! I'm so glad that this park is finally fixing the eyesores that everyone always complains about and hopefully this will quiet the talk about the busch gardens parks being sold.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:49 am

An already amazing park just got that much better
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:49 am

GCI rework'ed Gwazi like ghostrider for 2020!!!! I can't wait . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:51 am

Looks great. These are fun rides, and I guess Seaworld really likes them too!
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:52 am

Fantastic news on both counts. The Sky Rocket IIs are great. 2020 seems to be shaping up to be a huge year for both Busch parks. Can't wait!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:52 am

The Sky Rocket II is becoming Premier's bread-and-butter ride. I like the black-and-orange color scheme for Tigris.

But, yep, more intrigued by what's go to happen with Gwazi for 2020.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby coasterBro » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:57 am

Now the real question is whether it's going to get the Storm Chaser treatment (2 coasters becoming 1 RMC with little resemblance to the original), the Twisted Colossus treatment (2 coasters becoming one long mobius coaster), or will stay 2 separate dueling coasters?

Unless the park was trolling with the "Rocky" comment and has no intention of actually RMCing Gwazi but is instead expanding the outdoor concert stage in 2020 so their events will be more "Rockin"...
Current count: who cares

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!