USA 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P.16 - NYC! Scott's Pizza Tour! Matilda! Statue of Liberty!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: USA 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:18 pm

Went to Kentucky Kingdom today. Some things to note...

- The park looks GREAT!!! So much more improved even after our last visit two years ago.
- Storm Chaser is absolutely *INSANE* OMG! I don't know if this ride has picked up speed since it opened or what, but all those people that said it was "slow" - Um, it was NOT SLOW AT ALL!

We are live Tweeting throughout the trip! Follow along here: https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview

Photos...

We have started our morning @KentuckyKingdom deciding new future rides. What do you think it's going to be? :)

Our morning starts off on Storm Chaser @KentuckyKingdom! I cannot put into words how insanely AWESOME this ride is!

We ran into TPR fan Josh working @KentuckyKingdom! Great to meet you Josh!

Thunder Run is running for some morning rides.

We've had a great start to our day!

The water park @KentuckyKingdom is just fantastic! Some amazing slides here! We love Deluge!

Walking around @KentuckyKingdom the park looks GREAT!!! Bright, colorful! Nice comeback from the Six Flags days!

You can FEEL the airtime in this photo of Storm Chaser @KentuckyKingdom by @HhappyNL!

This is the FIRST DROP on Storm Chaser @KentuckyKingdom and it is unreal!!!

Fun Fact! Pigtails can measure the amount of airtime you get on Storm Chaser @KentuckyKingdom! :) Photo: @HhappyNL

While we love Storm Chaser let's not forget about Lightning Run @KentuckyKingdom! AWESOME coaster! Photos: @HhappyNL

Even our rides on T3 were better than your average SLC! New restraints are an improvement!

Kristen absolutely LOVED her rides on Storm Chaser!

More Hanno photos of Storm Chaser!

Angry Birds The Ride! "It's better than the movie!" Says @RussCeccola!

Remember that @KentuckyKingdom also has a sea lion show! It's cute! Be sure to go see it!

These @KentuckyKingdom group sales drink wristbands are a life saver! If youre taking a group to the park, get them!

Did we mention how much we all loved Lightning Run?

We understand that fans of @KentuckyKingdom should follow the instructions of the sign.

Some very happy riders on T3!

You can see the crazy airtime in the ridercam pics we took on Storm Chaser today!
IMG_2862.JPG
For $99 this place is a GREAT deal!

Heading out of @KentuckyKingdom! We had an AWESOME day!!!

We are live Tweeting throughout the trip! Follow along here: https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:30 pm.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Vortex Lover » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:49 pm

You saw it on Twitter but thanks for 2 train op and no lines! And remember Josh do DE do do to DE do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Something.....Something.....Something!http://themeparkreview.com/forum/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature#

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:10 am

RCjunkie wrote:
cfc wrote:Those two Wild Eagle POV shots might be the best pictures ever posted on TPR.

Hard to beat this picture though. ;)

:nina: :nina:
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. iSpeed - Mirabilandia

Coasters: 291 || Parks: 55

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:53 am

I'm so pissed that I'll miss this park by ONE FRIGGIN' DAY! My cross-country move will send me right by Louisville on August 10th or 11th. They cease daily operations on the 9th. Not fair, Kentucky Kingdom. Not fair at all.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:01 am

I liked Kentucky Kingdom back in 2014--especially Lightning Run. It's great to see the park getting even better. Storm Chaser looks crazy!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BigDipper 80 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:39 am

Those are some bizarre-looking restraints on T3... glad to hear that they improve the experience though!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:46 am

BigDipper 80 wrote:Those are some bizarre-looking restraints on T3... glad to hear that they improve the experience though!

They look weird, especially the fighter pilot-esque green restraint release buttons, but they made the ride so much better. I was able to ride it 4 times in a row without a headache. It's shaky, but at least the rapid directional changes can be enjoyed instead of beating you to a pulp.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- NASCAR SpeedPark & Carowinds- Fall

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:11 am

No wonder why you thought that Storm Chaser was so nuts; you guys had the blue train. The wheel configuration that the blue train has makes it MUCH faster; I was there a couple weeks ago and they only ran the purple train, and tested the blue train after the park closed because the maintenance guys said earlier in the day that it was going so fast it was tripping the E-stop. It was still *REALLY* good in the purple train and definitely was not anything close to what I would call slow, but IMO one of the weaker RMC's. (To be a bit more specific on that, I'd rank it in order of increasing intensity as Lightning Run before the bunny hops --> Storm Chaser --> Lightning Run's finale.)

Do you think that they actually listened to your ride suggestions?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby mattnz » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:29 pm

It's amazing how much this park has improved since the Six Flags days - what a turnaround! Looking forward to visiting in 2017.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:29 am

Starting our visit to at Kings Island off awesome with rides on Banshee! Love this coaster!!!

Wow! Been a great morning filming at Kings Island! Work is done... Now time to have FUN!!! :)

You know what's a great way to wake up in the morning? Riding Diamondback at Kings Island!

I have not been the biggest fan of newer B&Ms but I absolutely *LOVE* Banshee!

So at Kings Island is doing "Christmas in July" today and they legit have Christmas trees up and music playing! lol

Always nice to see some love given to an Arrow suspended coaster! The Bat.

My #RetroGaming friends should appreciate this display at Kings Island!

Getting some great "behind the scenes" pics of The Beast.

Soaking wet faces at Kings Island.

No "Christmas in July" would be complete without Santa Claus! Did you know he spends his summer at Kings Island.

When it's busy at Kings Island they put on the super long train on Banshee! :)

What's your favorite inversion on Vortex at Kings Island? The loops, the corkscrews or the batwing?

The Racer at Kings Island is an absolute CLASSIC! Are you "Team Red" or "Team Blue?"

Tower photo... And reverse tower photo! :)

Some of the awesome coaster views you can get from the top of the tower!

From the tower you can get an idea of where at Kings Island's new Mystic Timbers is going to go next year.

More awesome views from the tower!

Son of Beast shrine over by Banshee at Kings Island - Do you miss this coaster? Yes/No?

Visiting from out of town, have limited time at Kings Island, or just hate lines we highly recommend FastLanePlus!

A couple of awesome Diamondback pics from Hanno during our visit to at Kings Island today!

Love that at Kings Island has #Pokemon themed games! I love Squirtle. What's your favorite #PokemonGo character?

Just a few photos by Hanno of The Beast!

Dear theme parks around the world. Build one of these like at Kings Island. If you already have one, build another!

Sun is setting at Kings Island ... So you know that Beast night rides are happening soon!

Night rides on The Beast are always awesome!

Front seat view of The Beast! Who wishes they could be riding right now?

We did! We had an AWESOME day at Kings Island! Looking forward to our next visit!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!