Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

P. 99: 'Ducati World' themed land coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

Postby Imiha » Fri May 22, 2015 7:09 am

Could be, but they didn't build anything else besides this, that's it as far as I know. Maybe it's for some sort of cable so they could easily pull the car if it gets stuck again, but this seems rather strange. Mirabilandia said on facebook that they are going to open it some time in June so I guess there won't be any more additions.
Does anyone know (or assume) why the brakes (wheels) are actually slowing down the train there? I think that the coaster was faster in the first season after mid-course brakes section, now (last season) it seemed that the train was slown down in the brake section. It wasn't fast even in the first year, there weren't any airtime on the last hill.

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:31 am

The park's new "Hot Wheels" stunt show looks awesome!

:lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:20 am

That looks awesome! Mirabilandia really knows how to do stunt shows!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Imiha » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:48 am

I was in the park last saturday and here are some detailed pictures of the additions to the Divertical. I guess it's a motor with a hook that can be used to pull the train if it gets stuck again. The rods on the other supports could be used to hold the wire (or whatever they will use to pull the train) depending where on the track the train gets stuck. Or they could be used for some kind of platform for the people to get down, but I'm not sure about that. Anyone have any other idea?
The section after the MCBR is what I'm talking about:
This is the motor:
And this is all that has been added (a motor and the blue thingies on the existing orange supports):

I made a short video with 60fps and slo-mo clips of some rides in Mirabilandia if you are interested to watch. It's nothing special, just some wheels turning, people screaming and wheels assembly turning in slo-mo, fun stuff if you are into rollerocasters :lmao: (watch in fHD 60fps for the full effect - coasters are awesome in 60fps)

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:57 am

I think you are right that the other blue things are so that the cable sort of follows the curve of the turn, otherwise if the car is a long way back from the motor the cable would be pulling it to the side rather than forwards. Love the slooooowww moooo :)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LeoBruz199 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:15 pm

Hey Guys! Last week or so, I found this interview Parksmania did with the park's manager. He said that for 2016 they will be adding a new Western themed area with three new rides, an[url=null]d[/url] then in 2017 they will be spending over 8 million euros on a new large roller coaster. He just said it will be nothing like we've ever seen before.

The video is here (good luck understanding anything if you don't know Italian ;) ) :

Well... thoughts?
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:27 pm

So I guess my plans for a 2016 visit are of the table if a new coaster comes in 2017. :p
But it's good news this park is getting a new coaster, gets me more exited to go to this park one day.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby MagicAngel94 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:57 pm

No! He said a Big investment for a ride. It doesnt mean a roller coaster!! ;)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LeoBruz199 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:33 am

^I acknowledge that, but I still think it's going to be something great. On a side note, what kind of flat ride costs 8 mln? :roll:
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:46 pm

LeoBruz199 wrote:^I acknowledge that, but I still think it's going to be something great. On a side note, what kind of flat ride costs 8 mln? :roll:

It could be am interactive dark ride?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!