TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

I'm probably going to head up on Sunday for two or three hours after work regardless if its open or not just to get dinner, get a ride or two in on the coasters, and check out the ride to see what it looks like now that it is done.

I am heading up to Knoebels tomorrow to ride Impulse and my concern with this ride is it looks like on the test run that it rattles. I was on Thunderbolt in Coney Island and that ride looked very cool from the outside, but then I rode it and it also rattled and jerked you around. I am praying it is not the same way because it looks like a great ride and I love that it has lap bars instead of the over the shoulder restraints.

^ I can't say for sure but I think the apparent rattle on the video had to do with the mount they used for the camera, or at least that's how it looked and sounded to me. I think we'll be hearing plenty of ride reports in the next few days so hopefully we'll find out soon!

Just got to the hotel from Knoebels. Impulse was great! Smooth and forceful, a perfect compliment to their exsisting coaster lineup. Park was very busy today but they stayed open an hour later and Phoenix and Twister were both running 2 trains surprisingly. Flyers operators were bein very lienent today which made for a great day! Can't wait for tommorow to go back.

I also was at the park for opening day. Some notes, will maybe make a whole trip report later:

Impulse is pretty freaking great, and it fits into Knoebels' coaster lineup like the last piece of a jigsaw. The view coming into the park has completely changed, and now you stare a big blue and yellow coaster in the face as a first impression. The only truly intimidating part of the coaster is the vertical lift and drop, and the coaster itself is smooth, forceful and insanely quiet. It's much more approachable than say, Fahrenheit. You can also theoretically eat a frozen dinner on the lap trays!

Flying Turns started with two trains, and went down to one later in the day. I wasn't willing to ride it this go around due to the wait, but hopefully next time. I wonder why they didn't send the new pink train out, but they probably made the attempt before the park opened. From my understanding those trains are all really temperamental when it comes to the weather.

Phoenix and Twister were both hauling. Need I say more? Though, I did have probably my worst ride ever on Twister today. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Go ride Impulse! It's a great departure from the typical "Euro-Fighter" style of ride and it's all the better for it.

10407989_995126933831342_6089784176310552382_n.jpg?oh=b18e8e035bf3ae9775a5a844fa270529&oe=55CED618

I'm planning on visiting Knoebels on May 10. I visited the park about 6 or so years ago, but that was before I had conquered my fear of coasters. I'm planning on getting the ride all day pass with wooden coasters included. Does anyone know if that also includes Impulse or should I plan on buying some tickets in addition to the pass?

I got to ride It today as well. Thought it was REALLY fun. I teeny bet vibraty but overall rides very smoothly. I'm not sure how I would rank it but it was definitely what the park needed. Best part of the ride is definitely the barrel roll at the end. The cobra roll is really bizarre because it maneuvers the top so slowly, but there is a nice diving feel on the exit. Of course the airtime on the drop is also really nice. Kind of caught me off guard on the flat section between that and the loop, it definitely makes the forces into and out of the elements more appreciable.

Awesome! What were wait times like?

Unpredictable, but generally always fifteen minutes or more for pretty much all major attractions. I believe I waited about thirty to forty minutes for Impulse both times that I rode, which seems like it was kind of short for the opening day of a new attraction. There was not a shortage of people - I just think that the crew was really good.

Awesome! What were wait times like?

Unpredictable, but generally always fifteen minutes or more for pretty much all major attractions. I believe I waited about thirty to forty minutes for Impulse both times that I rode, which seems like it was kind of short for the opening day of a new attraction. There was not a shortage of people - I just think that the crew was really good.

Wow, for an opening day ride that is pretty impressive!

Impulse looks awesome! I've never been to Knoebels. I've been to Hershey which is close but didn't have enough time to squeeze in for Knoebels. Headed to Hershey again in July, so I'm hoping to make time this time around. I've only ever rode one coaster from Zierer and it was Verbolten at BGW...But it's nothing like that. It looks more similar to SFOG's Dare Devil Dive, which is pretty uneventful. But Impulse looks a lot more eventful so really looking forward to riding it, plus all of Knoebels other coasters.

Maybe my question got lost in all the updates on this thread, but I'm wondering if Impulse is included in the all-day pass. On the web-site they list two all-day passes; one with the wooden coasters, and one without. However, they say nothing about whether Impulse is included or not.

Maybe my question got lost in all the updates on this thread, but I'm wondering if Impulse is included in the all-day pass. On the web-site they list two all-day passes; one with the wooden coasters, and one without. However, they say nothing about whether Impulse is included or not.

To be a little more clear, impulse is included on the normal POP ticket, you don't need the wooden coaster one(although if I'm paying for an all day ride pass Im always including phoenix ).

Awesome to see cheap ($26) POP bands WITH wood coasters for certain remaining early season days ... May: 9-10, 16-17, 20-21, 26-28; June: 1-4. Park is open other days but the full POPs are either not offered or priced at the normal season $46.

I see this... one thing lead to the next ...1/2h later I have a Lakemont/DelGrosso/Hershey/Knoebels trip planned for 5/24-26. Very excited for Knoebels and first ride on Impulse 26th!! Cautiously optimistic that crowds may be somewhat light on Tues.

Awesome to see cheap ($26) POP bands WITH wood coasters for certain remaining early season days ... May: 9-10, 16-17, 20-21, 26-28; June: 1-4. Park is open other days but the full POPs are either not offered or priced at the normal season $46.

I see this... one thing lead to the next ...1/2h later I have a Lakemont/DelGrosso/Hershey/Knoebels trip planned for 5/24-26. Very excited for Knoebels and first ride on Impulse 26th!! Cautiously optimistic that crowds may be somewhat light on Tues.

you should squeeze in Kennywood too!. . well worth the trip.

Hi everyone I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster. I may have never posted here, but my first day at Knoebels warrants a short trip report. I apologize for the lack of pictures!

We arrived on Sunday (5/10) at 11:30, half an hour before opening. The first thing I noticed was how efficient the parking was. I counted ten different parking attendants directing each individual car into a space. Our group of four took some time to walk around the park before things opened, which helped us get a lay of the land. We opted for the $26 ride-all-day pass.

Our first (and longest) wait was for Flying Turns. The second half of the ride picks up some decent speed, especially in the back seat. This was a great way to start, and the line was consistently long throughout the day. Families really seem to love riding this with their little ones. Black diamond was surprisingly entertaining, and the log flume was more fun than most I have ridden. Finally, we made our way to Phoenix, a coaster I have been wanting to ride for more than a decade.

It did not disappoint.

I have seen all of the TPR videos, I knew about the "airtime buffet," I knew the layout...But nothing could have prepared me for the on this ride. Although my wooden coaster list is only 15 credits long, Phoenix easily shot to the top, past Shivering Timbers. I rode six times, and each time was filled with hysterical laughter. The ride is pure bliss. Operations were also astounding - I have never seen trains cycled so quickly.

Amazing operations were a theme for the day. Every operator was efficient and seemed to enjoy their job - a few even asked me how my ride was after I exited. The food (Frickles!), the atmosphere, the flats (which all ran long cycles), and the low prices made me feel like a kid again. Toward the end of the day, my wife remarked, "This is the happiest place I have ever been." I think she's right.

Impulse was icing on the cake, although I think I would feel the same whether it was there or not. We also rode Twister, Flyers, Stratosfear, Haunted Mansion, Sklooosh, Scenic Skyway, Skooters, and the Carousel.

Suffice to say, we are returning to Knoebels later this summer for a weekend of camping and rides! I have never been to a park that made me want to immediately return, but I am already counting the days until my next visit. What an amazing place, and my new favorite park - above Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, and both Busch Gardens parks. There is something intangible at Knoebels that truly makes it special. I'll be giving them my business every year!