Kolmården Discussion Thread

P. 148 - Official Wildfire POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Wildfire - 2016 Kolmarden Rocky Mountain Woodie Announce

Postby _koppen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:35 am

No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:43 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424972624.634112.jpg
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:46 am

Here is the translated article:

Share on Print PrintMore Services Sharing Share information
Planning permission for the roller coaster suspended
Published
2015-02-26
Category
Animals & Nature, Environment & Climate, People & Society, Urban Planning & heritage

Subject area
Planning issues

Kolmarden Zoo may not permit to build a roller coaster. Östergötland County Administrative Board cancels the Municipality of Norrköping decision on building permits, which were taken last fall. County Board rejects the zoo's application for planning permission on the grounds that it requires a detailed plan before the question can be reviewed.

Norrköping Municipality granted Kolmårdens Zoo AB planning permission for a roller coaster October 8, 2014. The decision has been appealed by several parties, associations and individuals.

According to the master plan is the relevant part of the area designated as a zoo. The area lacks detailed plan. Roller coaster is supposed to be placed directly adjacent to the existing zoo. The plant will be located near nature reserve and area of ​​national interest for nature conservation and outdoor recreation.
The County Board believes that the roller coaster will have a major impact on the environment. It will, among other things, to change the landscape, cause increased noise levels and affect the traffic situation. Therefore, a detailed plan in place before the roller coaster can be checked by a planning application, consider the County Administrative Board.

The decision can be appealed to the Land and Environment Court.

I go to furry parties, I'm probably a brony too...

Postby tarheel1231 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:49 am

Are you FREAKING SERIOUS???? No Wildfire? :cry:
I'm done.

Postby _koppen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:53 am

tarheel1231 wrote:No Wildfire? :cry:

We'll see. It will probably be built, but I'd be surprised if it opens in 2016, if they drag it to the Land and Environment Court.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:53 am

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:54 am

This is just depressing. :butt: :butt: :butt: :butt: :butt:

Hope RMC got their insurance money, given that they already started on Wildfire's track production.
Last edited by gerstlaueringvar on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:00 am.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:57 am

Well the RMC may be able to move another project up a year if this one is delayed indefinitely....
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:02 am

It's just more red-tape. A typical knee-jerk reaction from local planning boards when something they don't expect gets proposed. I've seen it happen over and over.

I'm not sure how tough it is to work around in Sweden though. It sounds like some locals are complaining and using the "nature" excuse. I'm sure Kolmården will be able to make a more detailed proposal outlining all the environmental impacts, or lack thereof, and get this moved forward again. I'd expect a 2-3 year delay though, just based on the position the park is in and how slow things like this seem to move in Sweden.

Postby _koppen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:19 am

The work was suposed to start again in April, but that is not going to be reach according to the CEO, but Kolmården is still hoping for a 2016 opening, but I personally don't see that as likely.

There are now only two options, the first is to appeal and the second to start preparing for a zoning plan.

Shavethewhales wrote:It's just more red-tape. A typical knee-jerk reaction from local planning boards when something they don't expect gets proposed. I've seen it happen over and over.

From what I've read so far the local planning board is accepting the ride, the reason for stopping it is that they can't ignore all the appeals from nearby locals (they gotten in somewhere around 20 appeals).
No. 1 Water Park guy!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!