Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby Mrlittle » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:00 am

I read that multiple banners are in the park. Not just the one shown in that picture. There getting a dark ride in the theater. Maybe 2016 will bring a new coaster.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby aeyrolet » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:09 am

jynx242 wrote:^Them's fightin' words my friend

Seriously - I doubt they would do anything with Shockwave. I know plenty of enthusiasts would lose their minds if such were to happen

No, I wasn't saying I wanted Shockwave to be torn out. I'm just speculating. I would either assume turning the trains around to go backwards. (Is that possible) or the go-carts are getting torn out.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Hriscay » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:21 am

aeyrolet wrote:

Seriously - I doubt they would do anything with Shockwave. I know plenty of enthusiasts would lose their minds if such were to happen

No, I wasn't saying I wanted Shockwave to be torn out. I'm just speculating. I would either assume turning the trains around to go backwards. (Is that possible) or the go-carts are getting torn out.

I highly doubt anything would occur to Shockwave as they just spent some $ fixing it because of the accident last year that had it down for several months. Also, please don't put it backwards! Am I the only person who doesn't like the trains in reverse? Only Mr. Freeze should be reversed. When it pushes you up its tower and all you want to do is fall forward, thats amazing.
Top 5 Steel: Titan, Superman Krypton Coaster, Raging Bull, Diamondback, Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast
Top 5 Wooden: El Toro, The Voyage, Outlaw Run, The Texas Cyclone RIP, Goliath (SFGAm)

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby 1badgmc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Hriscay wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't like the trains in reverse?

No, you're not the only one.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Linders » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:35 pm

I can not wait till Namtab is gone forever. I hate it in reverse. It's painful! I feel like Mike Tyson and Mohammed Ali are taking turns boxing my ears with every twist and flip. Yes. Mr. Freeze should be the only coaster to start in reverse. It is most unpleasant for any other.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby aeyrolet » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:59 pm

So... "Justice League: Battle for Metropolis" :b

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:25 pm

David - most of those enthusiasts have already lost their minds
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:20 am

Coming in 2015! JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS! It’s the ultimate superheroes adventure mission during this 3D interactive dark ride experience. Get ready to match wits against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen as you join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve team.

After touring the fully immersive 3D Hall of Justice, you’ll receive your very own stun gun to battle the bad guys then it’s a swift ride through a dazzlingly designed Metropolis cityscape, deep into the shadows of Lex Corp. Lifelike animatronics, cutting edge special effects, 3D video, eye-popping graphics, real-time gaming and a mind-tingling sound-scape make this journey to justice an utterly interactive experience. Will you help SUPERMAN and BATMAN rescue the other members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE from Lex Luthor’s and The Joker’s evil plans? Join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team today to save your favorite superheroes!

JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS is a cutting edge, fully immersive dark ride experience which places you right in the middle of the action – in 3D!

As you explore the interactive Hall of Justice, you’ll be given special 3D glasses and a working stun gun to help you battle Lex Luthor and The Joker. They’ve hacked into BATMAN’s computer and kidnapped the world’s favorite superheroes, SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, and GREEN LANTERN. Now you must bust into Lex Corp. to rescue them!

Board motion-based vehicles for a wild journey through the Metropolis streets, where you’ll meet up with life-sized animatronics.

Everywhere you look, state-of-the-art 3D imagery will draw you deeper into the adventure. Your unique transporter will take you piloting through a realistic 3D environment.

Can you thwart The Joker’s evil plan to infect the city with laughing gas? Only if you’re brave enough to join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team!
Facts: JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS

All new 3D interactive dark ride which utilizes lasers, computer graphics, film elements, interactive game play, animatronics and a programmable conveyance system.

Walk through an interactive queue line and loading area before boarding six-passenger, motion-based vehicles to begin your hunt to stun the bad guys. These state-of-the-art cars will be programmed to twist and turn at 360° to ensure you do not miss any of the action while on this adventure.

Suit up with 3D glasses and arm yourself with laser guns then engage in a full-sensory journey while battling against The Joker and his henchmen to save BATMAN, SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN.

This project is collaboration with some of the biggest and most innovative names in the theme park industry. Sally Manufacturing will design the animatronic super heroes that come to life before your eyes. Pure Imagination will oversee the production of the3D graphics and film using high-tech Computer Generated Imagery. The interactive and state-of-the art interactive gaming elements will be developed by Alterface and the fully programmable, multi-DOF vehicles that will transport you through the city of Metropolis will be designed by Oceaneering.

At Six Flags Over Texas, JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS will make quite an impression in the U.S.A. section of the park spanning nearly 20,000 square feet. The ride is scheduled to open in the spring of 2015.

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/attractions/battle-for-metropolis/overview

news_battleformetropolisstl.jpg
140658.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:47 am.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:23 am

Sounds pretty awesome for Six Flags :b
Last edited by gerstlaueringvar on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:46 am.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:42 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Sounds pretty awesome for Six Flags, who is the manufacturer?

They are all listed in the post above. Mainly Sally and Oceaneering.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!