Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

P. 94 - New Kids Areas for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Postby WFChris » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Yes, I'm a SFM fanboy but after seeing the Goliath POV, I really think Medusa is going to be THE RMC coaster of 2014!!!
My MEXICO adventures with TPR and MORE!!!!
TOUCH ME to read along

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:08 pm

Forget 2015. Want to go there now!
But (not so) sadly, Scandi is in the way.

I can wait. I think. :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:11 am

It does look great. And those videos we saw were with empty trains!
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby A113 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:29 am

I'm a little disappointed that I was there a weekend ago to see family considering I can only go once a year. Oh well, at least I passed it on the highway and got a glimpse of it. Can't wait for a POV.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:21 pm

It appears that there was a fire at the park (games section) today according to Informador.

No damage to rides or injuries, and the park has posted to Facebook that they are open for business.

www.informador.com.mx/mexico/2014/532044/6/incendio-en-six-flags-causado-por-un-corto-circuito.htm

CIUDAD DE MÉXICO (08/JUN/2014).- Un aparente corto circuito en una bodega donde se guardan peluches y botargas del parque de diversiones Six Flags, ubicado sobre la carretera Picacho-Ajusco, en las inmediaciones de la delegación Tlalpan, provocó un incendio la mañana de hoy domingo que en cuestión de minutos fue controlado por elementos del Departamento de Bomberos de esta ciudad, sin que se registren lesionados.

Sin embargo, la columna de humo alcanzó poco más de 10 metros de altura, lo que provocó alarma entre vecinos y asistentes que desde las siete de la mañana estaban formados afuera del edificio para poder ingresar. Estos fueron los que alertaron de las autoridades del incendio, mientras que en el interior, los empleados trataban de sofocar el siniestro con extintores, lo que a decir de los bomberos, evito una situación mayor.

Raúl Esquivel, director general del Heroico Cuerpo de Bomberos de la Ciudad de México, informó a través de su cuenta de Twitter que para sofocar el siniestro en esta bodega, donde el techo se vino abajo, pero que afortunadamente no dejó lesionados, participaron 50 bomberos de las estaciones Tlalpan, Álvaro Obregón, Xochimilco así como del módulo 1 con 12 carros bombas y ocho carros tanques.

Hasta el momento, las autoridades de Six Flags México no se han pronunciado sobre estos hechos a pesar de la insistencia de los medios de comunicación en obtener una versión oficial de los hechos.

Google Translated:
MEXICO CITY (08/JUN/2014) -. Apparent short circuit in a cellar where botargas teddies and the Six Flags amusement park, located on the Picacho-Ajusco highway in the vicinity of the Tlalpan delegation are saved, caused a This morning fire Sunday in minutes was controlled by members of the Fire Department of this city, no injuries were recorded.

However, the plume reached just over 10 meters high, causing alarm among neighbors and attendees from seven in the morning they were formed out of the building to enter. These were the ones who alerted the authorities of the fire, while inside, the employees tried to quell the incident with fire, which firefighters say, avoid greater situation.

Raul Esquivel, director general of the Heroic Fire Department of the City of Mexico, reported via his Twitter account that to quell the incident at this winery, where the roof collapsed, but fortunately did not leave injured 50 firefighters participated of Tlalpan, Álvaro Obregón, Xochimilco and the module 1 seasons with 12 car bombs and eight tanks cars.

So far, the Six Flags Mexico authorities have not commented on these events despite the insistence of the media to get an official version of events.
Last edited by WFChris on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:53 pm.
My MEXICO adventures with TPR and MORE!!!!
TOUCH ME to read along

GUACAMOLE IS MY FRIEND

Postby Fooz » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:49 pm

RMC is obviously cursed.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:54 pm

Is it just me or have thee been quite a few fires lately?
Weird
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Thats 3 in the past week or so. Geez.
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:00 pm

That's really crazy, glad there were no injuries or ride damage
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby SFGAmFan1976 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:02 pm

CPSFMMCW wrote:Thats 3 in the past week or so. Geez.

I know there was this fire and Goliath's fire, but what was the other one?
Total Steel: 46
Total Wood: 11
Total:57....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!