TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, think of it this way: Robb is shocked and amazed. He has been all over the world and ridden so many rides (coasters and non-coasters) and he is AMAZED this is happening. I can even imagine the face he is making!! This is going to be something more then a launched wooden coaster. Something more then a beyond vertical drop. Something better then some new gimmick.

It's got to be so big they would announce it TWO YEARS before it is made!

I remember watching an amusement park show in the summer (its name escapes me but IAAPA and Robb were in it, I would applaud anyone who can say the name of it) but there was the concept of a Trackless coaster. For some reason I instantly thought of it when I saw this. If I'm right don't give it away Although I doubt it

I have such high hopes for this! I can't wait three weeks...

Guys, think of it this way: Robb is shocked and amazed. He has been all over the world and ridden so many rides (coasters and non-coasters) and he is AMAZED this is happening. I can even imagine the face he is making!! This is going to be something more then a launched wooden coaster. Something more then a beyond vertical drop. Something better then some new gimmick.

Oral Sex Coaster?

What fits the available evidence:

- Sawmill theme = log flume

- Robb is shocked and amazed and "dropping our plans"

Clearly the answer is:

LOG FLUME WITH VERTICAL DROP.

And onboard soundtrack/flamethrowers.

Friends!

Wow, we've been watching all the comments. I wish we could make them all come true for 2016. WildFire will literally be an earth moving new addition to the park, to any park actually... Can't wait to share more with you.

/Mattias and Johan

Sheesh, everyone in this thread is thinking small time. You really need to dream bigger.

Intamin AquaTrax built within a manmade volcano using real lava imported from Kilauea in Hawaii rather than water that catches properly placed scenery on fire constantly, thereby creating an Intamin FireTrax. Halfway through the ride, the train threads onto Iron Horse track for an RMC launched woodie through the forest that happens to be on fire. After 15 wooden inversions (the coaster switches from Iron Horse track to wooden track after the launch, because physics or something) the train then threads back onto Intamin FireTrax track, only to head into a second launch up a 515-foot tower (with accompanying drop ride attached) that has fire effects following the train. Once it comes out of the top hat it enters a spaghetti bowl section akin to I-305...with fire. Finally, as the ride nears the end of the course, there is a huge Chinook helicopter overhead that dumps a waterfall over the track to put out the, you guessed it, Wildfire, leading into the insane finale of a good ol' Intamin AquaTrax. Also there's some more fire, just because.

Friends!

Wow, we've been watching all the comments. I wish we could make them all come true for 2016. WildFire will literally be an earth moving new addition to the park, to any park actually... Can't wait to share more with you.

/Mattias and Johan

earth moving

You're getting an excavator?

Sheesh, everyone in this thread is thinking small time. You really need to dream bigger.

Intamin AquaTrax built within a manmade volcano using real lava imported from Kilauea in Hawaii rather than water that catches properly placed scenery on fire constantly, thereby creating an Intamin FireTrax. Halfway through the ride, the train threads onto Iron Horse track for an RMC launched woodie through the forest that happens to be on fire. After 15 wooden inversions (the coaster switches from Iron Horse track to wooden track after the launch, because physics or something) the train then threads back onto Intamin FireTrax track, only to head into a second launch up a 515-foot tower (with accompanying drop ride attached) that has fire effects following the train. Once it comes out of the top hat it enters a spaghetti bowl section akin to I-305...with fire. Finally, as the ride nears the end of the course, there is a huge Chinook helicopter overhead that dumps a waterfall over the track to put out the, you guessed it, Wildfire, leading into the insane finale of a good ol' Intamin AquaTrax. Also there's some more fire, just because.

Please share whatever you're drinking/smoking/snorting/eating/etc....