Relationships

BF/GF
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Relationships

Postby alilstronger » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:36 pm

imawesome1124 wrote:I have a pending date either this weekend or next. We haven't talked much but I already found three things we have in common: we're both Christian, Christian rock is our favorite genre, and we're both musicians (I play drums and she sings). The stereotype of high school relationships being meaningless and pointless isn't entirely true, my parents met in high school and my cousin met her husband in high school, I know quite a few couples who have been together for at least a year, some even more like 3 years, and one couple's been together for 4 years. I hope it works out.

To piggy back off what you said...

I am 27 and graduated 10 years ago (WOW I feel OLD lol). Anyway, there are many couples now married that met when we were all in high school.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:34 am

imawesome1124 wrote:The stereotype of high school relationships being meaningless and pointless isn't entirely true, my parents met in high school and my cousin met her husband in high school, I know quite a few couples who have been together for at least a year, some even more like 3 years, and one couple's been together for 4 years. I hope it works out.

I've been with my boyfriend for almost four years now, and we met my sophomore (his freshman) year of high school. We've been living together in college for a little over a year now and we're doing just fine!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:32 am

Hit it and quit it. Words to live by when you are in your early 20's, since lets be honest...

Rarely will you get lucky and find "the one" on your first go around. Also, you probably don't even know what you want yet.

But to each his or her own.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:49 pm

imawesome1124 wrote:I have a pending date either this weekend or next. We haven't talked much but I already found three things we have in common: we're both Christian, Christian rock is our favorite genre, and we're both musicians (I play drums and she sings). The stereotype of high school relationships being meaningless and pointless isn't entirely true, my parents met in high school and my cousin met her husband in high school, I know quite a few couples who have been together for at least a year, some even more like 3 years, and one couple's been together for 4 years. I hope it works out.

I wouldn't say meaningless and pointless. I think all high school relationships have benefit even if they don't work out in the long run (and there are definitely some that do!) It's all about what you learn from the experience. As a Christian, I believe that God sometimes uses young relationships to teach you things that will benefit you in future relationships, and help you grow closer to God and grow as a person... even if the relationship doesn't work out.

I hope this works out for you! :) (And all the commonalities you two have I think are great!)
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:04 pm

I am in a relationship.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:07 pm

^ with this cool guy :airtime:

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:11 pm

^Who are you exactly? :?r
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 am

^ I don't know why, but your response totally made me laugh! Insanely!

I am currently in a "relationship" but if you asked if I had a girlfriend I would say "ish." It's long distance and neither of us are super serious about it because she lives in San Francisco but we are both total Disney nerds and have quite a bit in common. I hope it works out but I am also 21 so if something more local ends up happening I may end up jumping on that, but for the moment it seems to be going well so far.
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

Postby imawesome1124 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Turns out she isn't ready for a relationship since she got out of a bad one not too long ago. We agreed that for now we'll just be friends for now but when the time comes to take the next step, we'll take it.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:39 pm

^That's just the nice way a girl rejects you. She wants the benefits of a relationship (you being a good friend and doing stuff for her) without having to put out. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random