CARS! The Car Super Thread

Cars you have, Cars you like, general automotive discussion!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Hard Rock hyyyper

Re: CARS! The Car Super Thread

Postby hyyyper » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:41 pm

Just because you can't reach the top speed doesn't mean you can't go fast. You can take your car onto a race-track and do some fast laps. At such moment, I'd rather have a car that is either focused on acceleration or handling instead having a top speed that can be reached in only 1 place in the world.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:29 am

hyyyper wrote:What is the point of having a top speed that is unattainable in real life?

I was at an event at an ex military base a few weeks ago that had a 9000 foot runway where people were trying to max their cars. Most broke 200mph so even though they're not necessarily hitting their theoretical max, at that speed I'm not sure they cared!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby awclark » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:35 am

Just bought my new car a couple days ago! A 2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe in Mineral White with the 'Sport' line package =)

Absolutely loving it so far! Perfect combination of sportiness and elegance. I chose the 428i GC over the 328i because even though there's no real difference under the hood between the 2, I find the 428i GC way more aesthetically pleasing and sleek than the 328i IMO.

Had to get a new car though because my previous one I've owned for 8 years got totaled. Was at a stoplight and got rear ended at 45mph causing my car to be sandwiched between the car in front of me and the guy who hit me. Most importantly I am 'a ok', but I was still sad to see my old car go. However, I couldn't be happier with my new car though! Went through this entire buying process alone and it was quite a stressful yet exciting learning experience!
photo-9.JPG
2015 428i Gran Coupe

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:46 am

^Wow looks great! I'm usually not a fan of white cars but for some reason I think most BMWs look great in white (including the 4 series). They're probably my favorite manufacturer overall (if we don't count those super expensive "dream cars"). It's also interesting to see how you got the 428i (yes, I know in the US almost everyone uses gasoline) as here everyone would go for the diesel (I think I've only ever seen a handful of gasoline 3 series and most of them were abroad).
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby awclark » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Yea here in the states the only models they offer in Diesel is the 328 Sedan and Wagon, the 535, and the 740. Other than that, the rest of the gargantuan lineup of models are all gasoline. They do have the hybrids in the 3, 5, and 7, but they aren't that common from what I've seen.

Since I live in the perpetually traffic clogged area of Los Angeles, I just throw it into Eco-Pro mode if I'm looking to save a bit on gas. Although, I couldn't resist throwing it into Sport+ mode and taking it out for a late night joy ride on some winding canyon roads out near Malibu ;) What a blast that was! haha :b

Postby rcjp » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:35 am

^Oh yeah. Those sport/sport + buttons are always a temptation. ;)
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

Postby rcjp » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:03 pm

Yesterday I had a chance to drive my first electric car: a BMW i3. It was quite an interesting experience: first all the cars I had driven so far were manual (but then I've only had my license for a month and a half) so it was a bit odd to drive a car with no gears and only two pedals. Then the fact that it was very quiet and also the regenerative braking which means that many times you don't need the bake as the car decelerates a lot just by releasing the throttle. Probably my biggest surprise, though, was the acceleration: it was pretty good. I had heard electric motors can do this easily but only now did I actually experience it (and pretty well as the BMW guy was telling me to step on the gas often =) )
It's a shame these cars (at least here) are so expensive. This one starts from 38 000 euros while a similar sized petrol/diesel one would be around 20000. I guess we'll have to wait until the technology gets cheaper.
bmw-i3-electric-car-2014-01.jpg.0x545_q100_crop-scale.jpg

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:40 pm

I recently had the chance to drive a 458 spider for a few hours and it was great!! It handles so well and the power delivery is phenomenal!! Cue excited photo:
AV.jpg

Postby rcjp » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:55 pm

^How lucky! I would love to drive a supercar like that (even though I've only had my license for a few months).

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

What kind of car do you drive?

Postby pdcon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:27 am

I was just thinking, I wonder what kind of cars a bunch of coaster geeks drive? Did you guys name your car? How did it get its name? or do you have any good storys about your car? Lets hear them. lets see some photos of the hoopties and buckets or photos of your pride and joy.
TOP 5 COASTERS (5) EXPEDITION EVEREST DAK (4) RAIL BLAZER CGA (3) BIZZARO SFNE(2) IRON RATTLER SFFT (1) TWISTED COLLOSUS SFMM

Anyone remember the days when these were called Taglines?

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random