Another Frisbee Pendulum Accident In India

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Another Frisbee Pendulum Accident In India

Postby t-forty » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:34 am

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Another Frisbee Pendulum Accident In India

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:36 am

WOW. Are these things really that prone to failure. Yikes.

At least when this one fell it fell straight down... So hopefully that minimized the injures?
Bigger is not always better.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby amy_mel » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:10 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:WOW. Are these things really that prone to failure. Yikes.

At least when this one fell it fell straight down... So hopefully that minimized the injures?

No such luck. 2 dead and many injured. It smashed off the support and you can see someone go flying off. The video I saw was EXTREMELY graphic, showing up close the rescue efforts.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:28 am

Frisbee style rides are my favorite flat. So accident after accident on them makes me slightly weary of riding them.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ilrider » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:36 pm

^If it is in the U.S., you are going to be much safer on a pendulum ride. Watch a video of the Giant Discovery rides at the SF parks and you can see how much thicker the pole the seats are attached to is. These accidents are happening on cheap knockoffs overseas that are clearly poorly designed and constructed.
[img]
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://
[Image
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/fe606e4d7df6bd8b82f92c697d3b438b.jpg[/img][/url]

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby bf9 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:55 pm

I was in India earlier this year for the first time on business, I was absolutely appalled at the state of that country and will never go back. I witnessed people throwing multiple corpses into the river (in which thousands of people were bathing in downstream), people openly s*****g in the street, and a woman getting raped visibly from the main road. All in the span of about 12 hours in a major city that's apparently one of the nicer areas of the country.

Failures like this in third world s***holes don't surprise me anymore. If a culture can be that barbaric and backwards (with absolutely zero desire to change, which was very obvious after speaking to many locals) I wouldn't even trust a staircase for safety let alone an amusement ride. Heck, the US fair rides even have me suspicious. Lesson to be learned from these accidents in third world garbage heaps of countries is a) stay out of the third world and don't even do business with them/give them your money, and b) if you for some reason find yourself there, don't ride the amusement rides and fly out on the first available flight.

If this offends people. I don't care. It's the truth.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:58 pm

bf9 wrote:I was in India earlier this year for the first time on business, I was absolutely appalled at the state of that country and will never go back. I witnessed people throwing multiple corpses into the river (in which thousands of people were bathing in downstream), people openly s*****g in the street, and a woman getting raped visibly from the main road. All in the span of about 12 hours in a major city that's apparently one of the nicer areas of the country.

Failures like this in third world s***holes don't surprise me anymore. If a culture can be that barbaric and backwards (with absolutely zero desire to change, which was very obvious after speaking to many locals) I wouldn't even trust a staircase for safety let alone an amusement ride. Heck, the US fair rides even have me suspicious. Lesson to be learned from these accidents in third world garbage heaps of countries is a) stay out of the third world and don't even do business with them/give them your money, and b) if you for some reason find yourself there, don't ride the amusement rides and fly out on the first available flight.

If this offends people. I don't care. It's the truth.

You perfectly described my dads visit to India for business, after witnessing that he told the company he never wanted to go back there again. Hes also been to Bangladesh which he described as a poorer and dirtier India.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby bill_s » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Both this and the ride in Uzbekistan have large counterweights, which allows for large bending forces, and small looking swing arms, though decorated enough to not look cheap. I presume they went completely upside down. Most frisbee rides are not like that. The closest I could find by looking around a while was a Technical Park ride with fewer seats, complete inversion but still no large obvious counterweight, just the arm extending past the pivot, along with non-spinning type swing rides. There was that failure of a ride in the US due to corrosion inside a large hollow arm though.

Horrifying. It's not that video doesn't look real, the brain says it can't possibly be, but it is.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby disownedpear » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:15 pm

I'm not engineer but are these counterweight models inherently more dangerous? I never see them in the US. Or is just another bad locally built ride?
The Knoebels flyers are the greatest thrill ride ever made. If anyone sees Harry at the park can you tell him I'm sorry for breaking his ride and getting him in trouble.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:26 pm

This is truly horrific! I'd like to know who made this ride.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!