Sesame Place Discussion Thread

P.3 - Oscar's Wacky Taxi Wooden Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Sesame Place Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:47 am

I just got evacuated from Oscar's Wacky Taxi. :lol:

Looks like it'll be back up later today but just giving a heads up to anyone who may try swinging by.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Universal Studios Hollywood & Six Flags Magic Mountain

Postby bert425 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:49 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I just got evacuated from Oscar's Wacky Taxi. :lol:

Looks like it'll be back up later today but just giving a heads up to anyone who may try swinging by.

from the lift hill?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 am

Brake run (I know not as exciting as the lift). The train ahead of us only made it halfway into the station.

Also to answer a previous post, they do have two trains.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Universal Studios Hollywood & Six Flags Magic Mountain

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:34 pm

We rode Wacky Taxi on Saturday after the park opened and we thought it had pretty good air time especially for a smaller coaster. After the tunnel really gets some nice pops and some pretty good speed. It really felt slightly out of control at that point. Having two trains was great, something that Story Land really needs for Roar-O-Saurus. Overall the park was great and lives up to the SeaWorld/Busch Gardens standards despite being a smaller children's park. The Character interactions were great and lines for the rides were almost non existent. Definitely a great stop if you have children.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:132
STEEL:101
WOOD:31
PARKS:25

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:08 pm

That's good to hear. These little Gravity Group coasters look great. Does Wooden Warrior have two trains?
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:03 pm

^ Wooden Warrior only has one. The only time I've ever seen Quassy busy is on bargain night (25-50 cent rides).

Oscar's Wacky Taxi had a 20ish minute wait for my first ride, but then it became a walk-on. I'm guessing it was the first stop for many since it was both the new ride and the closest attraction to the main entrance.

Of the smaller Gravity Group woodies, I'd rank them Roar-o-saurus, Oscar's Wacky Taxi, and Wooden Warrior. Wooden Warrior has the best airtime when it occurs, but it's not as frequent as the other two. Roar-o-saurus and Oscar's Wacky Taxi have similar pacing, but Roar-o-saurus's airtime is a bit stronger. All 3 are fantastic additions for these smaller parks.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:11 pm

OK, I guess I'll have to give it another try in warmer weather.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:05 am

I keep seeing commercials for the new ride, looks great on tv. If I happened to be driving by the area already I'd definitely stop in for a ride or two.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:16 am

It's a no brainer if you have a SeaWorld/Busch season pass. Otherwise it's a pretty expensive pit stop ($80 amdission plus $20 parking).

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:36 am

I am hearing all over the place reviews of this one from "lots of fun little air throughout" to "meandering and dull". ElToroRyan shot a great off-ride video that he put on Youtube (not sure if cool to post) and it looks like its a blast.

I saw my (almost 5 year old) nephew this past weekend who lives just down the road from the park and is eager to ride, and the first thing he said to me was to tell me he "saw on TV that Oscars Taxi is open" and he wants me to take him to ride it, and then told me how his classmate got to ride it last weekend and then asked if we could go right then and there (we were at his sisters Christening lol)

Since we do have BGW Platinum passes this year we are going to go over soon to check it out, and to finally get a ride on the other one as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!