Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I poke manatees in the butt.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Jcoaster » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:26 am

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:I'm going to be coming to Tampa for my first time ever in October, and we're visiting BGT (per my request :lmao: ) and I was just wondering if the major coasters are doable in one day and how busy it usually is around that time of the year?

Really stoked for Kumba and Montu, I just got to force my friends to be up super early or they can meet me there and I'll cab/taxi.

It is definitely doable, just make sure you visit the park in the beginning to middle of the week. Avoid weekends.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:28 am

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:I'm going to be coming to Tampa for my first time ever in October, and we're visiting BGT (per my request :lmao: ) and I was just wondering if the major coasters are doable in one day and how busy it usually is around that time of the year?

Really stoked for Kumba and Montu, I just got to force my friends to be up super early or they can meet me there and I'll cab/taxi.

we just got back from Tampa (I"ve got a trip report going at the moment w/ the 1st two days posted already).

You likely won't get the afternoon storms we got in the summer, in Oct. . .but do note there are only a handful of coasters at BGT, and if Cobra's Curse is running, I suspect that Montu will be a walk on (it was for us during summer, unless CC went down, in which case the line for Montu gets slammed).

ShieKra was a walk on (and I was told it always is), and Kumba was just a short wait.

the Coasters are pretty much in 3 areas of the park:
Egypt area: Cheetah Hunt, Cobra's Curse, and Montu are near each other.
then take skybuckets to Stanleyville for: ShieKra, and hit Kumba as walking to.
Pantopia for Scorpion and Sand Serpent.

Don't skip Falcon's Fury either. .it's something you'll talk about doing for years after.

judging by what we experienced?. . Cheetah Hunt, Cobra's Curse, and Sand Serpent (the wild mouse) are the ones that will NEVER be short waits.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:17 am

bert425 wrote:Cheetah Hunt, Cobra's Curse, and Sand Serpent (the wild mouse) are the ones that will NEVER be short waits.

This is accurate. Personally I'd get the Quick Queue unlimited so you have more time for re-rides, you can ride the flume / rapids without waiting (it gets very hot this time of year) and you have more time to take it slow and enjoy the animal exhibits and shows. You'll have no issue doing everything in a day though.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby DaveDowning » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:47 am

coasterbill wrote:
bert425 wrote:Cheetah Hunt, Cobra's Curse, and Sand Serpent (the wild mouse) are the ones that will NEVER be short waits.

This is accurate. Personally I'd get the Quick Queue unlimited so you have more time for re-rides, you can ride the flume / rapids without waiting (it gets very hot this time of year) and you have more time to take it slow and enjoy the animal exhibits and shows. You'll have no issue doing everything in a day though.

I second this. Though I have to admit I hate waiting and get quick passes all the time. But at BGT, with that fantastic line up, I think it's a must. Especially for the re-write. We were there during October as well and could easily get in dozens of rides on the coasters and Fury as well.

Postby jynx242 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:50 am

Also remember - Kumba, back row, right hand seat.

It's coastergasmic. Trust me.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:22 am

Everything is noted, thank you guys!!!

I've always wanted to go because of Kumba and Montu. Plus my first Dive Machine and Cheetah Hunt looks so fun.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:53 am

jynx242 wrote:Also remember - Kumba, back row, right hand seat.

It's coastergasmic. Trust me.

So much this... and sit in the back of Montu also. It'll try to kill you (in a good way).

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:59 pm

I went last October on a Wed or Thursday and the park was pretty dead. Cheetah had about a 20 min wait all day, but everything else was a walk-on or one train wait at the most. I think I did Falcon's Fury like 15 times in a row in a little over an hour. I loved Kumba and Montu, they definitely have that old school B&M forcefulness It's a great park and the weather was perfect that time of year.
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: Red Force
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:53 pm

^Exactly...unless you're going on a Saturday in late October when you'll run into Howl-o-Scream crowds.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:57 pm

SharkTums wrote:^Exactly...unless you're going on a Saturday in late October when you'll run into Howl-o-Scream crowds.

Actually this wouldn't be an awful thing either now that I think about it. Yes, the crowds at night will be huge but the event is really amazing. We went last year and were blown away. If you haven't been to a big budget haunt like Universal I would almost suggest going out of your way for it if you're into that kind of thing. We were used to small regional park haunts (Six Flags Fright Fest, Halloweekends... things like that) and this is on an entirely different level. Since you'll be in Florida in October I'd suggest that or HHN if it works with your schedule.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!