Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nobody beats the Ziz

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby canadianparkfan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:24 am

:nina:
CedarFair1 wrote:
CedarFair1 wrote:
madmax wrote:
canadianparkfan wrote:^Exactly. The "history" of the last 5 years was Leviathan and Windseeker. Roughly 7 years ago, we got Behemoth.

The new flats next year and coaster in 2017 make a lot of sense, and are both additions I am greatly looking toward to.

Um, you don't know if they're getting a coaster in 2017. It could be a waterpark expansion for all we know.

dude I'm sorry, I know your expecting a massive coaster at Kings Dominion in 2017 but the news articles and the massive amount of land clearing and orange markers pretty much screams were getting a coaster in 2017. In fact there was so much activity we thought it was 2016.

Like they always say don't predict till you see land clearing and other signs of coaster construction and well, we have seen them, infact we have more going on at our park then Cedar Point does for theyre 2016 coaster

:nina:
Top 5 Steel Coasters:
1: Le Vampire, La Ronde 2: Mindbender, Galaxyland 3: Tie: Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland -- Goliath, La Ronde 4: Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland 5: Skyrider R.I.P. :(, Canada's Wonderland

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Angle O. Descent » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:26 am

I'm just happy to have a large park like CW (or any park for that matter) right in my back yard. And for the record, I think the new flats look pretty neat :)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby buck funny » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:32 am

CedarFair1 wrote:
CedarFair1 wrote:
madmax wrote:
canadianparkfan wrote:^Exactly. The "history" of the last 5 years was Leviathan and Windseeker. Roughly 7 years ago, we got Behemoth.

The new flats next year and coaster in 2017 make a lot of sense, and are both additions I am greatly looking toward to.

Um, you don't know if they're getting a coaster in 2017. It could be a waterpark expansion for all we know.

dude I'm sorry, I know your expecting a massive coaster at Kings Dominion in 2017 but the news articles and the massive amount of land clearing and orange markers pretty much screams were getting a coaster in 2017. In fact there was so much activity we thought it was 2016.

Like they always say don't predict till you see land clearing and other signs of coaster construction and well, we have seen them, infact we have more going on at our park then Cedar Point does for theyre 2016 coaster

Nothing is for sure until the first train leaves the station. Their investment in little orange flags may be a long term investment.

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:36 am

Angle O. Descent wrote:I'm just happy to have a large park like CW (or any park for that matter) right in my back yard. And for the record, I think the new flats look pretty neat :)

Wait... a thankful enthusiast?
Peek a boo!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CedarFair1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:29 am

Angle O. Descent wrote:I'm just happy to have a large park like CW (or any park for that matter) right in my back yard. And for the record, I think the new flats look pretty neat :)

To be honest I'm happy to wait for the coaster till 2017 cause that Skyhawk looks amazing! Also look at our thrill ride line up it's the best line up in the Cedar Fair chain!

Postby CedarFair1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:52 am

Small construction update for 2017 I guess were calling it now.. :lmao:

So blue markings "BH" have appeared next to Skyriders old location on the pathway. More blue markings in the actual plot of land with stakes. (The stakes appear to mark actual water mains). There is 10 orange markers in the forest next to Timberwolf which you will see on the map I post of all the markings is just on top of Skyriders old location... The land clearing near Skyrider which is where we all assume the coaster will head out and back to and from has a straight line of orange markers in it. There is one orange flag near Skyriders plot of land now next to lazy river and one red stake next to lazy river near Skyriders plot of land.

NONE of the new thrill rides announced take up this plot of land, and we just had our Splash Works entrance re-done and a new slide complex and splash pad added, so for this being a splash works future update thats very very unlikely and this screams a 2017 coaster.

If you think about it they would need to start now as soon as Splash Works closes as they would need to have all the prep/ footer work done in that area before Splash works opening in 2016 as they can't be kicking up dirt around there during it's operating hours. Similar to when the poured the footers for Behemoth in Stunt coasters location the season prior to construction.
2017.png
construction update
11920492_10155905543915447_1101305681_n.jpg
BH marking on Skyriders path (new as of August 25, 2015)
11911456_10155905543955447_1406958122_n.jpg
11934077_10155905544025447_401806348_n.jpg
11899153_10155905543875447_692721132_o.jpg
free movie
11938835_10155905543995447_1974367471_n.jpg
again the crowds are insane this season

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sal123 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:02 pm

. The land cleared could easily fit a behemoth sized coaster in its place. It makes sense that cedar pint is getting the worlds tallest and fastest dive coaster, since CW could be stealing Gatekeeper's record in 2017. =) =) =) :br :br

Postby CedarFair1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:25 pm

Based on the land clearing and markings, this would have to be the out and back direction of the coaster, obviously a prediction but markings suggest this to be true. I didn't put elements in cause gurl that would be too difficult someone else can do that lol
layout.png

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby trickfred » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:28 pm

Long time thread lurker, first time poster here. The family and I are going to hit the Halloween Haunt this year, and we were wondering if someone more experienced with park traffic could guess-timate which nights would be the least busy (towards the end of the month, the beginning, etc.), and if, since Halloween falls on a Saturday this year, if it would be a good idea to go that night or not. We've only attended the HH once, a few years back, but we're taking our 8 year old this year for the first time, so would prefer a lower traffic night (she can do scary just fine, but long lines make us all cranky). Thanks!

Nobody beats the Ziz

Postby canadianparkfan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:35 pm

CedarFair1 wrote:Based on the land clearing and markings, this would have to be the out and back direction of the coaster, obviously a prediction but markings suggest this to be true. I didn't put elements in cause gurl that would be too difficult someone else can do that lol

That would be a great layout for a wing coaster; flying over the midway and interacting with the other rides like that would be amazing.

Personally could see us getting a launched wing rider, stealing thunderbird's, and possibly some of gatekeeper's records.
Top 5 Steel Coasters:
1: Le Vampire, La Ronde 2: Mindbender, Galaxyland 3: Tie: Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland -- Goliath, La Ronde 4: Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland 5: Skyrider R.I.P. :(, Canada's Wonderland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!