Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:22 am

^ I agree with Guardian at opening since it's unique and has putrid capacity.

I've never understood the hate for Volares. I've always enjoyed them. The real coaster that tries to kill you at Canada's Wonderland is Flight Deck.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventureland (Iowa) & Arnolds Park

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:32 am

Yeah, for me, Flight Deck is definitely the bottom of the coaster barrel there. Volare's are uncomfortable as all get out, and certainly a wonky ride experience. However, if I was forced to pick one of the two coaster types to ride repeatedly for the rest of my life (which won't last very long either way!), I'd go with Volares over a Vekoma Hang n Bang, personally.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.The Voyage 6.Twisted Timbers 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby thirstydeer » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:59 pm

I'd rather be on Flight Deck then Time Warp. My conspiracy theory is that the Zamperla coaster is partially funded by Bayers as people will probably need to buy some Aspirin after their head being based around on the ride.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:50 pm

I rode Time Warp and didn't find it to be any more painful than Soarin' Eagle at Luna Park in NYC. I actually enjoy Volares.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby thirstydeer » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:57 pm

When does Wonderland typically make their announcement for next year's additions, and start that season pass renewal promo where you get a free FL+ pass?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Honorarius » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:23 pm

I think the push for next years passes usually comes late August...

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby DarienPoint » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:20 pm

I visited Canada's Wonderland last Monday and I gotta say, it's an awesome park! Even though it took me almost an hour to find a stand that had the refillable bottle I already bought online (because they were all out everywhere), and the food service wasn't the quickest, I thoroughly enjoyed the rides (well except for those two in the corner I just needed for credits ;) ), and Yukon Striker was amazing! I had FL+ and got onto Yukon Striker within 5-10 minutes! Everything else was a walk on essentially. The only meal I had was at Pizza Pizza, which was pretty good for theme park quality food. Some of the drink stands (excluding the freestyle machines, you can never go wrong with those) tasted like the pop was flat, very odd. The flats are AMAZING. I sadly missed Sledgehammer, but Psyclone was fun, I loved Lumberjack, Soaring Timbers was a fun experience, Skyhawk (EVEN THOUGH I CANNOT GET A SINGLE FLIP, PLEASE TELL ME HOW) was unique and enjoyable, and you can never go wrong with a Windseeker. I missed 4 credits (of course the kids coaster, Silver Streak, Bat and the maintenance nightmare Guardian). Overall, I'd come back sometime, as it's relatively in my area and not a far drive! (:

Yukon Striker: Like I said, AMAZING. The dive into the tunnel is amazing and it's so cool how that interacts with Vortex, the inversions gave some floater, and I thought the 2nd drop was fun, but of course it wasn't as good as the 1st half of the ride. Still not a fan of vest restraints though, they dig into my hips (I'm skinny lol).

Leviathan: All I have to say is: BACK ROW. Outstanding giga, and it's often in the shadow of Fury and I305, but it still packs a punch. Night rides on this baby are so fun.

Behemoth: Opposite of Leviathan: NO BACK ROW. It was amazing in the front, got air on every hill, but in the back you get that iconic B&M rattle that gives me a headache on the bottom of every drop.

Minebuster: An okay woodie! I thought it was enjoyable till the drops on the way back from the turnaround, but I'd come back to ride it the next time I go, it wasn't terrible.

Wild Beast: It's below MCB in my books, wasn't as enjoyable. I'd probably skip this woodie on my next visit.

Time Warp: ...MY HIPS.

Flight Deck: ...MY EVERYTHING.

Ghoster Coaster: These woodies are pretty fun at Cedar Fair parks, and I got a little airtime in the back row!

Dragon Fyre/Fire(?): Literally the park is so confused with it's name, the app will say one spelling of Fire/Fyre, then the sign says the other, then rcdb says the first one lol. It's not that enjoyable of a ride, I'd skip it next time.

Backlot: Unexpected launch! The ride ops say nothing when the ride is beginning, at least on this for me, and the launch was pretty good! Overall, I liked this coaster, although I wish it had the effects like the others do.

Vortex: Such an amazing suspended coaster! It's a very scenic ride and like I said, really cool how it now interacts with Yukon.

Fly: It's a wild mouse coaster lol.

Thunder Run: A pretty cool family coaster! The effects in the mountain were a nice touch.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Sounds like a great time!

They definitely don't know how to stock the soda around the park properly. We have the paper cup plan and the regular fountains tend to be flat as you said (or out of syrup, too). The freestyles are normally good, though. It has been like this for years for whatever reason. I always take a little swig of whatever I'm drinking before filling up the cup at this park.

Yukon is a good time. Good thing you had FL+.

Vortex is also an amazing time. It often gets overlooked but it's fantastic.

Rating of Time Warp from 1 to 10?

Dragon Fire had a temporary name change this year along with knightmares and wild beast to celebrate their ye olde heritage.

Sorry about Guardian, with all the problems it has though it may have been in your best interest. I always used to recommend this for a fun ride, but it really has fallen off the deep end the past few years. Maybe if I'm lucky they will get the kinks worked out for Zombies @ Haunt. Ha.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby DarienPoint » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:36 pm

oooh! Didn't know about the olde heritage thing haha, that's pretty cool!

Guardian was open, was in line, then a bag got stuck on the ride and they had to dismantle a car, closed for majority of the day, opened up BUT couldn't bring bags w/ you, went to get a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, uh oh, THEY'RE SOLD OUT. Saw the short line and you could bring bags on at night but OH WAIT we're closing off the line early. It was stupid and I was annoyed, almost missed my 100th credit on my coaster road trip.

Time Warp was a 2 out of 10, I rode Screamin' Eagle a while ago and it was enjoyable, so expectations were reasonable, but god it was awful. I felt like I was holding on for dear life and if I didn't I was gonna fall out.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:42 am

anonymouscactus wrote:Dragon Fire had a temporary name change this year along with knightmares and wild beast to celebrate their ye olde heritage.

DarienPoint wrote:oooh! Didn't know about the olde heritage thing haha, that's pretty cool!

The ride name changes in Medieval Faire this year are not temporary. They are actually the original names used from 1981 through 1996. From 1997 through 2018 they had modernized names, without the pseudo spelling. The rides within the Medieval Faire section that received their original names this year include the following (names used from 1997-2018 are on the left side) :

-Dragon Fire - Dragon Fyre
-Wild Beast - Wilde Beast
-Nightmares - Wilde Knight Mares
- The Rage - Viking's Rage

Also, Wonderland Theatre was renamed Canterbury Theatre for the 2019 season, a name it had from 1981 through 1993. It is quite nice how the park touched on its original historical roots within the Medieval Faire section this season. The signs that the park sign shop made also look awesome, especially the Dragon Fyre sign which looks similar to the original one used from 1981 to 1996. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!