Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Wed May 01, 2019 6:57 am

They will renew. The only time where Six Flags won't renew is if they suddenly lost a TON of money and had to go out of business.

It won't happen. Lets move on.

SOOOO how is El Diablo? Is it testing?
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby bigboy » Wed May 01, 2019 7:23 am

They've renewed their management agreement every time the contract has been up in the past. It's unlikely they wouldn't and even more so in 2027/2028 since Six Flags has the option to buy out the ownership.

Haven't seen El Diablo testing, but I saw a photo taken earlier this week from outside the park of the lighting package being tested.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Lone Star Theater has just been demolished. This photo was taken by Sarah Blair of Texas Thrillseekers. Apparently, the flood waters did a lot of damage to this as well. I have a lot of fond memories of the old Chevy Show in this building, more recently it's been used for storage.

RIP Lone Star Theater
FB_IMG_1557355359729.jpg

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby bigboy » Wed May 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Unbelievable. The building turned 50 this year. It's odd the way the flood patterns have changed over the years. When I worked there in the mid-90s, the space between the theater and Gold River was the high ground where we moved the antique cars before a heavy rain. One building is gone and the other heavily damaged because of flooding. I honestly can't recall any of the shows from the theater, but I know that building had great A/C back in the day.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby conman1310 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:30 pm

I heard they have installed brand new AC units on top of "THE CAVE" why would they do that if they are doing away with it?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:58 am

We don't really know what's going on with Gold River right now. It's possible that an updated version of the ride will open sometime in the future.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu May 09, 2019 5:30 am

bigboy wrote:Unbelievable. The building turned 50 this year. It's odd the way the flood patterns have changed over the years. When I worked there in the mid-90s, the space between the theater and Gold River was the high ground where we moved the antique cars before a heavy rain. One building is gone and the other heavily damaged because of flooding.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Msnyder07 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:52 am

I could probably email the park but i think i might get a more honest answer here. I am planning a trip to SFOT and i am trying to decide which tickets i shall buy but i was confused about something.. How much is a season pass regularly? It's the memorial day sale now and it is $79.99, it says i am saving 70% and it is usually $263.99. But everybody says it is always cheaper to buy the pass if you plan on going more than one day, but at $263.99 that wouldn't be the case when a single day is around $60-$80. I have a hard time believing that the season pass is ever actually $263.99. What is the deal? Thanks!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 19, 2019 6:19 pm

Anyone local to Six Flags Over Texas want to attend the media event for El Diablo on May 28th in the morning? Please email robbalvey@themeparkreview.com if you want to go! You would need to be able to take photos, video, post a trip report and be enthusiastic on camera!

Thank you!
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu May 23, 2019 4:37 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun May 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Msnyder07 wrote:I could probably email the park but i think i might get a more honest answer here. I am planning a trip to SFOT and i am trying to decide which tickets i shall buy but i was confused about something.. How much is a season pass regularly? It's the memorial day sale now and it is $79.99, it says i am saving 70% and it is usually $263.99. But everybody says it is always cheaper to buy the pass if you plan on going more than one day, but at $263.99 that wouldn't be the case when a single day is around $60-$80. I have a hard time believing that the season pass is ever actually $263.99. What is the deal? Thanks!

The deal is they want to sell it for $80 and they want it to be massively on sale. I've never seen a SF season pass ever go into 3 figures.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!