Underrated Coasters?

What coasters don't get the attention they deserve?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Underrated Coasters?

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:11 am

The Great White at Morey's Piers is honestly one of my favorite woodies. It's just pure fun the whole way and gives some decent air time. I've had some really marathon sessions on it at night with friends.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:31 am

Yubstep101 wrote:I found Georgia Scorcher to be incredibly underrated after my unpleasant experiences on Green Lantern and Apocalypse, it was probably one of the biggest surprises of my trip down to SFOG last December. I also find Gemini, Vortex at Kings Island and Sooperdooperlooper to be underrated as well.

Exactly! One of the best layouts around and it should be cloned all over the place.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Viper at Darien Lake.

Yes, it's an Arrow and you may get a headbang from time to time, but most of the time riding this it's not that bad, and that first drop always gives me butterflies! :br
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:35 pm

FeelTheFORCE wrote:Back in 2013 I really liked Apocalypse at SFMM. My tune would probably change today because time hasn't done it any favors, but I thought it was fun then.

I really like Apocalypse, as well. After its recent retracking, it's much smoother.
Seat, don't fail me now!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby lgboogie » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Yubstep101 wrote:I found Georgia Scorcher to be incredibly underrated after my unpleasant experiences on Green Lantern and Apocalypse, it was probably one of the biggest surprises of my trip down to SFOG last December. I also find Gemini, Vortex at Kings Island and Sooperdooperlooper to be underrated as well.

I love SDL, the loop is fantastic and the helix at the end is pretty darn good as well.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:30 pm

What about Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Piers?

At first people would think, "oh no, it's an SLC", but from what I've read, after the re-tracking and new cars, it's a good ride :)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:52 pm

Jason Maier wrote:What about Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Piers?

At first people would think, "oh no, it's an SLC", but from what I've read, after the re-tracking and new cars, it's a good ride :)

Great Nor'Easter is a really good ride, and even apart from the far smoother track, it's layout is more fun than other SLCs just for the way it weaves through other structures at the park. Definitely the best of it's kind by far.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:24 am

Fahrenheit at Hersheypark. This coaster seems to get a lot of mixed reviews but I thought it was amazing. It’s very forceful and snappy, almost on the same level as Maverick.
8F5A733F-19A4-4000-9019-642B9C3E734A.jpeg
Valleyfair Ride Operator
2016 - Wild Thing
2017 - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Cedar Point Ride Operator
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:50 am

^I completely agree. I would argue that Fahrenheit (and even Storm Runner) are the most underrated coasters I have ever ridden.

I would also say Dare Devil Dive is a candidate. I was expecting a ho-hum ride but it was incredibly smooth, very forceful, and the restraints are fantastic.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:10 pm

I think that Pinfari Zyklons can be overhated. When done right (like at the Maryland State fair the past couple years), they're actually quite fun. The one at the fair two-car 8 person trains with cushy seats and one-position buzz bars. On the two drops, you can actually get borderline stand up floater that's actually kinda awesome. The rest of the ride is smooth and comfortable if uninteresting, and it finishes with a flat turn that gives some solid laterals.

Anyone know of any other zyklons like this?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!