Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 632 - Mystic River Falls Announced for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:12 am

Less than 24 hours to go now. This one is going to really surprise some people. It's pretty obvious that it is a new rapids ride, but the details should be very impressive. They are sinking some serious money into this thing. It looks like it will be a Disney-scale attraction.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Yeah, I've been more excited about this than anything since Outlaw Run. Very excited to see the photos everyone takes from the media event. Thanks to everyone who's going!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 am

The Tallest Raft Ride Drop in the Western Hemisphere!
4.5 Stories to The Wettest Splashdown in the Park’s 60-Year History!
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 1.39.06 PM.png

Mystic River Falls will be the highlight of a new themed area of the park, Rivertown, where 1880s townfolk are caught up in a high-spirited celebration, representing Silver Dollar City’s Diamond Jubilee. The all-new Rivertown Smokehouse, the largest dining investment in the corporation’s history, will serve the park’s famous BBQ plus new favorites, providing 450 viewing seats along the banks of the Mystic River. (Investment $4 million)

And to think, it all started with a hole in the ground. Marvel Cave in Branson was among the most popular “show caves” in the 1950s and 60s. In fact, the Herschends started Silver Dollar City so tourists to Marvel Cave had something to do while waiting for their tours. The family quickly learned they had entered into the theme park business!

Mystic River Falls calls upon that rich history for theming and backstory, intermingling fact and fiction, legend and lore, to arrive at an attraction that celebrates the spirit of adventure that’s part of Ozark culture. An underground body of water that seems to come from and go nowhere, Mystic River truly appears on the park’s historical maps as discovered and documented by botanist S. Fred Prince in the late 1800s, and to this day, flows in Marvel Cave. For the new ride, guests will be transported back to the 1880s in a storyline that revolves around a historically-based fictional character named Pearl Brazen, an intrepid explorer who’s eager to take them on a bold quest to find the headwaters of the Mystic River.

Silver Dollar City’s 60th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee will begin in March, 2020 along with park opening; an Anniversary Celebration will launch the weekend of May 1, 2020, followed by Mystic River Falls opening during the summer season.

As is tradition, cave tours are offered daily, so in 2020 park guests can step into the past by exploring the cave, and then look toward the future by experiencing a record-breaking, game-changing water ride that reminds us all that The Greatest Adventures Lie Ahead!

Mystic River Falls, itself a $23 million investment, will be a River Adventure that is themed to the history and legend of the great Marvel Cave, which was the catalyst for Silver Dollar City six decades ago. Riders will splash through nearly a half-mile (2100’) scenic journey, navigating hairpin turns, high tides and a hidden mine shaft on more than a 5-minute trek. Plus, Adventurers will discover industry-leading special features:

- 82’ Tall Lift Tower

River Adventurers will ascend a more than 8-story lift tower, exposed to the open air as their rafts rotate during the climb! The rotation elevator lift of 4 platforms is unique to this ride and will be the only one like it in the world to go up so high.

- More than 6-Story Elevated River Channel, 180’ Long

The rafts will connect to an elevated river channel suspended in the air 66’ high and travel within the channel for 180 linear feet.

- A Grand Finale Waterfall of 4.5 Stories of Thrilling Adventure!

Racing down and through the ride’s queue building, River Adventurers will brave the Mystic River Falls finale…

Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:39 am.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby LegendLover » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:15 pm

This looks incredible! And a thirty million investment right after another nearly thirty million dollar investment. Reading the Facebook comments is mind numbing though: "Lost River was a classic blah blah blah there's not enough for old people blah blah blah that drop looks too big for my kids blah blah blah no more thrill rides! Heights heights HEIGHTS!" Lord I'm so excited to experience something like Infinity Falls in what is basically my backyard!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Do we know if this is Intamin?

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:27 pm

I was at the announcement. It is not an Intamin; it’s being manufactured by a company called RES out of Switzerland.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thedlr » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:30 pm

So what's the tallest in the world? I'm having trouble figuring that one out.

BTW that announcement video is fantastic!
Last edited by thedlr on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:34 pm.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Adervus » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:30 pm

boldikus wrote:Do we know if this is Intamin?

No it's from RES (Ride Engineers Switzerland). According to this article the founder worked for 15 years for Intamin though.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Looks awesome to me!

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Looks amazing!!! Can’t wait to give it a go next season!!
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!