TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

It is not sounding very promising for any new flat at WoF this season though.

Could this be the first year in the history of WOF that they dont get anything new? I was really hoping for that giant frisbee.... Where did you get your information?

I get my information from a credible source and we'll leave it at that.

While I said no new flat, there will be a considerable amount of infrastructure work done. The restroom renovation project will continue and some other things that will be announced later -- I heard March.

WoF did not add any new attractions (read rides) in: 1981, 1985, 1999*, 2003, 2007?

*Grand Prix Raceway was added this year and is an 'upcharge' ride.

I get my information from a credible source and we'll leave it at that.

While I said no new flat, there will be a considerable amount of infrastructure work done. The restroom renovation project will continue and some other things that will be announced later -- I heard March.

WoF did not add any new attractions (read rides) in: 1981, 1985, 1999*, 2003, 2007?

*Grand Prix Raceway was added this year and is an 'upcharge' ride.

1981 The Incred-O-Dome Theatre, a sight and sound film spectacular with a 180-degree quadrospherical screen, premiers at Worlds of Fun. The Casbah games area opens.

1985 Worlds of Fun adds more fun to its entertainment lineup with the Stax of Wax rock n’ roll review, the Haunted Theatre show-a magical mixture of fun and fright, and the Rainbow Brite Kids musical.

1999 Oceans of Fun is hit by a massive storm in 1999 with the debut of Hurricane Falls, a six-person, 72-foot-tall whitewater raft ride. The all-new Grand Prix Raceway at Worlds of Fun feeds the need for speed with a quarter mile of twisting racetrack, challenging any thrill seeker.

2003 Oceans of Fun debuts the Midwest’s largest family water playhouse, Paradise Falls. The 1,000-gallon bucket at the top of the structure fills every five minutes and empties as water gushes on everyone below. Featuring water cannons, sprays, tipping pails, net crawls, rope bridges, waterslides and more!

Quotes from worldsoffun.com.

I guess I was talking more about WOF and OOF, so is there any news for the water park?

The hill was more rounded and it has since been built up a little. There has always been a hill, but now with the footers and foundation built up even higher on top of it, it makes it look higher up.

From what I understand you will not actually go "over" the River, but the visuals will make it appear as if you do. Remember how far out the swings' arms go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a new video from the park's general manager, Brad Thomas, on the SDC website - http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/rides-attractions/ride_detail.aspx?AttractionID=862

I'm still somewhat clueless as to what all will be going in to the new area besides the screamin' swing and the Hi-lo Silos. I know there will be a water balloon fight area, some kind of checkers deal, and something called the Pig Pen Race, which could be those awesome rocking pigs from the artwork. Still, it seems that every time they update, something has been thrown out and something else has been added, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. It looks far better than I had ever imagined. In fact, it doesn't even look new, it looks like it has always been a part of SDC. Props to them for that. I can't tell you how bad I'm itching to ride.

Only one question though, are the colors on the swing final? You'd think they'd pick something less faded, unless that's only primer.

Whoah, it sounds like the train robbery is on again in the video, are they still doing that in the same place?

Yes, the colors are final.

Yes, the train robbery is occurring for right now in the same location. The reason I say right now is because there were a few orange paint marks at the clearing there just past "Pottersville, MO" which lead me to think that it might be moved back there.

I see them expanding the park on out into the are where the current robbery is in the near future so they might as well do it now. You won't be able to hear the robbery over the screams from the Swing anyway.