Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 612: "The Year of Shows & Festivals" details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby EliHorton » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Jaykethekid wrote:
sdcfan88 wrote:Encountered a truck as I was leaving bringing more track and supports onsite. You can see more of the layout here.

That track in the middle of the photo looks to be either a launch or brake Run. Also, there looks to be the start of an inversion slightly on the right. I'm just stunned. This coaster just got really crazy in a short amount of time! I'm super hyped for this!

SAME! Already, this looks like something I will scream out of fear on. There are only a few coasters that I've ridden where I've been legitimately terrified, looks like I'm about to add one more to the list. I mean, already it looks like an action packed ride. I mean just as you leave the station you are already plunging straight down into a valley!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby WOFanatic » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:04 pm

EliHorton wrote:
Mossed wrote:
WOFanatic wrote:Okay, I fixed it. You got me... I’m not used to saying “New for 2018” yet.

But I do think it will be the best new ride of the year. With a rumored cost of $30 million, and from what I’ve seen from the ride so far, this ride looks much better than what the other parks are doing in my opinion.

I mean, it looks awesome, but Mean Streak???

Mean Streak does look amazing, but I think it just comes down to what he likes most in a coaster. And it already seems like Time Traveler will be an exceptionally unique experience. Already this coaster looks amazing and there's probably only about two hundred to three hundred feet of track placed. Mean Streak seems like it will be all about that airtime with a few inversions while something tells me that Time Traveler will be all about the positive g-forces and inversions. Although it definitely would be a nice surprise if it had some airtime moments. ;)

Mean Streak looks great, but it’s really not innovative (from what we’ve seen so far). I’ll most likely be riding RMC Mean Streak and Time Traveler on both of their opening weekends. But I put a greater value in innovation than stats. Though Mean Streak looks great, it will most likely ride like every other RMC, which is far from a bad thing. But with Time Traveler (or whatever they decide to name it) you’re riding something unlike anything else in the world. How cool is that?

The exact same thing happened in 2013 with Gatekeeper and Outlaw Run. Tried and True vs. Crazy cool, innovative ride. I distinctly remember people being more excited for Gatekeeper, because the stats were impressive and everyone loves a good B&M. But nowadays, I don’t know anyone who would say that Gatekeeper is a better coaster than Outlaw Run. Mean Streak really just looks like a larger version of every other RMC Iron Horse conversion. Again, that’s NOT A BAD THING!!! But I’d like to participate in something exciting, new, and innovative instead of a larger version of something I’ve already rode. But again, I’M RIDING BOTH NEXT YEAR!
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby bluestreak » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:18 pm

Respect your opinion dude. Can't all agree sometimes. To each his own.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby WOFanatic » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:26 pm

bluestreak wrote:Respect your opinion dude. Can't all agree sometimes. To each his own.

That’s the great thing about opinions! =)
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:31 pm

WOFanatic wrote:
EliHorton wrote:
Mossed wrote:
WOFanatic wrote:Okay, I fixed it. You got me... I’m not used to saying “New for 2018” yet.

But I do think it will be the best new ride of the year. With a rumored cost of $30 million, and from what I’ve seen from the ride so far, this ride looks much better than what the other parks are doing in my opinion.

Mean Streak does look amazing, but I think it just comes down to what he likes most in a coaster. And it already seems like Time Traveler will be an exceptionally unique experience. Already this coaster looks amazing and there's probably only about two hundred to three hundred feet of track placed. Mean Streak seems like it will be all about that airtime with a few inversions while something tells me that Time Traveler will be all about the positive g-forces and inversions. Although it definitely would be a nice surprise if it had some airtime moments. ;)

Mean Streak looks great, but it’s really not innovative (from what we’ve seen so far). I’ll most likely be riding RMC Mean Streak and Time Traveler on both of their opening weekends. But I put a greater value in innovation than stats. Though Mean Streak looks great, it will most likely ride like every other RMC, which is far from a bad thing. But with Time Traveler (or whatever they decide to name it) you’re riding something unlike anything else in the world. How cool is that?

The exact same thing happened in 2013 with Gatekeeper and Outlaw Run. Tried and True vs. Crazy cool, innovative ride. I distinctly remember people being more excited for Gatekeeper, because the stats were impressive and everyone loves a good B&M. But nowadays, I don’t know anyone who would say that Gatekeeper is a better coaster than Outlaw Run. Mean Streak really just looks like a larger version of every other RMC Iron Horse conversion. Again, that’s NOT A BAD THING!!! But I’d like to participate in something exciting, new, and innovative instead of a larger version of something I’ve already rode. But again, I’M RIDING BOTH NEXT YEAR!

I hope to ride both next year, too. Not opening weekend but all the same. SDC is of course my home park so I will of course go there probably about thirty times next summer. Other than that I will be going to Silverwood for the first time (I have some family that just moved up to Idaho), Cedar Point, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas (maybe). I've been wanting to go to Fiesta Texas for a while now since they have the old Batman: The Ride from Six Flags New Orleans, Iron Rattler, lot's of Texas charm, a good mix of thrilling and flat rides, and some pretty awesome water rides. After Wonder Woman was announced, i knew that it was time for me to finally make the eleven hour drive down to San Antonio.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby MidwestThemeParks » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:47 pm

WOFanatic wrote:
EliHorton wrote:
Mossed wrote:

:nina: I know New Mean Streak will be a great ride, but in my opinion a ride that contains many "world's firsts" like SDC's is said to have should be considered best new ride before a ride that has been done before, even if it is much better than the existing ones. However the new coaster at SF Fiesta Texas should be true competition for this title. That is truly a "world's first" and whenever RMC does something new and awesome that ride seems to win best new coaster (OR 2013 & Lightning Rod 2016).
Total Coasters: 52
Total Rides: 116

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:22 pm

If this turns out to be USA's version of Helix, I'm booking a trip to Branson immediately.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby sdcfan88 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:36 am

Here are my photos shot with my DSLR from yesterday. These images speak for themselves. This is a game changer whatever this Frankencoaster is <<<what I am gonna call it until the reveal.
Oh and the queue line progress which in itself is crazy massive.
And as a bonus, here is a video to go with this:
20617111_10155572665892232_5886313937128108655_o.jpg
20616824_10155572667217232_5239813001720366512_o.jpg
20617234_10155572665937232_732655472120821062_o.jpg
20543833_10155572667027232_951738929931889092_o.jpg
20643363_10155572666197232_5576726877619036127_o.jpg
20626561_10155572664942232_3753093442463688242_o.jpg
20615972_10155572666782232_7133621902809109820_o.jpg
20617188_10155572665832232_2553161535860491287_o.jpg
20615899_10155572664932232_6506033613626881423_o.jpg
20645237_10155572665567232_1433592649082865991_o.jpg

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:37 am

sdcfan88 wrote:It's a 90 degree drop that goes down 70-100 feet and ends below the hill into a dugout canal and back into a half loop. There is a 2nd half loop with a large section of straight track erected crossing by the bottom of the drop. This track leads to the small rectangular building. Inversions and launches are pretty much confirmed now.

I am starting to agree with others that this could be a hybrid of the Time Travel theme with flying mixed in. Maybe we will see flying time trains like BTTF. Lol

Holy crap I go away for a day and suddenly i'm planning a trip to Branson next year.

Edit - Now i'm no expert but what's with that extra metal in the middle of the two running rails? Holding brake to be installed? Might this be a new version of the Lost Gravity tech?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:23 am

Holy crap! 2018 season pass, here I come! :b
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!