Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 632 - Mystic River Falls Announced for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Enka rocks

Postby apollo210 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:51 pm

pvcoasterguy wrote:
apollo210 wrote:^ Don't listin to him! He's just a person who lives right across the forest from me and thinks that almost all rides suck!

Dude... totally uncalled for. Everyone is open to their own ideas...

Anywho, seems like these rides are popular with families and the GP, so it should be a good addition for SDC. Wanna bet they got a discount because of Powder Keg?

LOL! I was just joking around. and he does live right across a lake, a zoo, and a forest from me (a total of 2 miles). Also, he thinks a lot of rides suck (did you ever read any of his PTRs?).
-Stephen
Coaster Count= 28

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:16 pm

Chase wrote:How is "Powder Keg"

The line was awfully long last time I went.

It's pretty sweet, although it is kinda queer. There aren't any other rides really like it, but it's really nice. It's got the same restraints as the screamin' swing, which allow for loads of air time.

And about the GS, I'm still pondering as to how they will fit that into SDC.
Midwestinfoguide.com has some pics of land clearing, but the location just doesn't make since... I'd always thought they would complete the path from Wildfire to Powderkeg with the next big ride, but it does help to spread the rides out a little.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:15 pm

I don't know what to think of this ride. I've heard decent reviews about Skyhawk, but these rides are cloned way to much. If they want this to be a family ride, then it is a great move, but if they want a thrill ride, then I think that they should have gone with a Sky Swat.

#1 Nintendo Fanboy!

Postby bgwfreak » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:25 pm

^ Considering there is only 1 swat in the country and everyone complains about it being uncomfortable, I doubt we'll see anymore.

Terrible name, but I love these rides.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:50 pm

^^Meh, I don't see why people are complaining about these rides sprouting up, they are sweet rides, in fact, they are probably my favorite.
Really, what does it matter that a bunch of parks have these? I mean, a bunch of parks have ferris wheels and carousels, but that doesnt make them lame...
Plus this one will be a bit different with it's launch system and extensive themeing.

Also, who else thinks the name will change? I still don't see SDC releasing a ride with a name like that...

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:24 pm

I like screamin' swings, and love themed rides so I think this is a great addition. Maybe I can squeeze SDC in next year so I can finally see Wildfire.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:37 pm

Dude... totally uncalled for. Everyone is open to their own ideas...

Except James :devil:

// likes SWAT and doesn't find it uncomfortable at all
Ted

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby ValleyfairFan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:01 pm

Airtime&Gravity wrote:I don't know what to think of this ride. I've heard decent reviews about Skyhawk, but these rides are cloned way to much. If they want this to be a family ride, then it is a great move, but if they want a thrill ride, then I think that they should have gone with a Sky Swat.

And they clone those pesky Ferris Wheels and Carousels and Spider/Octopus Rides way too much too. :lolr:

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Xme3 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:06 am

I've been on 2 screamin' swings, and they are REALLY fun

...except when the parks are being stupid and only running one side. Its a really cool feeling when the two sides scream past each other

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Holtskee » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:33 pm

Canobie Fan wrote:Such a bad ride for such a great park. ::(

I agree, but on the basis that a Screamin Swing doesn't belong in a park like SDC - it's too amusement park-ish. I don't care how themed it is, HFE may have jumped the shark with this one.

I was kind of hoping Silver Dollar City wouldn't follow Dollywood in becoming more "ride oriented".

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!