Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 632 - Mystic River Falls Announced for 2020
Users viewing this topic: monotone and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby millertime » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:50 am

They do use a little bit of pyro just before the car is launched. As a
passenger you don't see it, just hear it. A smoke stack on the launch
house puffs a big flame signaling launch sequence. It is more for
decoration for the people in the waiting area watching those ride.
You can actually hear the "blast" from quite a distance from this
ride. I'm guessing they are doing that to draw people into the
ride. If you make it to Branson, check this one out.

pics coming soon...........

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Coaster Joe » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:18 am

Riding at night was fantastic. The giant fireball would erupt and light up the entire track. Then everything would turn dark and the launch would start. I would say the fire effect hit maybe a second before the launch.

Does anyone know if the coasters run during the Christmas fest at the park like the sister Dollywood? I would love to go back and get some more night rides on the Keg. :D

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:39 am

Wow, this sounds like a wild ride. Was it designed by S&S?

Site Admin

NEWS: Silver Dollar City Announces The Grand Exposition

Postby robbalvey » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:35 pm

From Press Release:

Coming to Silver Dollar City in 2006:

The Grand Exposition

10 New Family Rides in an All-New Area That
Brings to Life New Adventures in the Past

(Branson, Mo. 11/05) In the tradition of the magnificent expositions showcasing the technological wonders of the late 19th Century, Silver Dollar City presents an all-new development for 2006 – the Grand Exposition! An $8 million expansion in a new region of the theme park, the Grand Exposition recreates the pageantry of a triumphant American tour of discovery, including 10 new family rides that soar, whirl and fly.

As the traveling expositions of the 1880s drew people from hundreds of miles around to marvel at the latest mechanical innovations and American ingenuity, the Grand Exposition is a streetmosphere of excitement. The area will be a colorful destination where exposition-goers experience the collaboration of imagination, technology and entertainment. From elaborate gardens and dancing fountains to the grandiose calliope and the high-sailing ship Galleon, the Grand Exposition is a collection of attractions and technological wonders.

“The Grand Exposition opens a whole new region of the park encompassing two acres, where guests are transported back in time to experience the golden era of discovery and excitement of the World’s Fairs and Expositions in the late 1800s,” said Brad Thomas, Silver Dollar City General Manager. “In keeping with our hallmark of bringing the past to life, we’ve chosen the theme of a very grand and exciting era, one which evokes the elements of the St. Louis World’s Fair and P.T. Barnum’s Traveling Expositions, which came through Missouri in the late 1800s.”

The new rides are being manufactured and styled in Italy specifically for Silver Dollar City, and will have a capacity of 5,000 passengers per hour. Rides include the five-story Wave Swinger for high-flying adventure; the ship-themed Galleon which sends riders nearly 60 feet in the air; the multi-dimensional Spinning Disk ride which travels 55 feet in the air as it spins, the twirling Tea Cups with a center control for interactive fun, the fast-paced Regetta, and a family roller coaster. Several rides with nature themes offer excitement for smaller kids.

The Grand Exposition will open in Spring, 2006.

Ruler of all Intamin rides

Postby MSLSM » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:40 pm

Sounds fun and it should be good for the park. SDC is really turning in to a major regional park, and this should get more families to the park. Is it just me, or are there more parks than usual adding family areas next year?

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TheGreatOne » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:41 pm

http://www.screamscape.com/html/silver_dollar_city.htm

Screamscape has some artwork for the new area. The rides look nice, but I am particularly impressed with the bottom three pictures...the themeing of the area. This has the potential to be really awesome-looking.

-Bryan "needs to get to SDC bad" Wood

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Jonathan » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:45 pm

Looks like it will be very similar to Dollywood's Country Fair expansion, which was really well done.

It's a victimless crime, like tax evasion or public indecency!!!

Postby XANAX: The Ride » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:55 pm

What impresses me the most is, this is only costing 8 million??? WOW!
~Jay

Pro Rock-O-Plane Flyer

Postby nannerdw » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:43 pm

The addition to Dollywood was good, but it was way too overcrowded. All those rides are packed too closely together in that one little section of the park. I hope Silver Dollar City's expansion will be more spread out.

¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:05 pm

Wow... it looks great! It looks like 2006 will be a good year for additions, unlike the crappy "Tornado" year of 2005.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!