How do you deal with haters?

I need some tips
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
Site Admin

Re: How do you deal with haters?

Postby robbalvey » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:26 am

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:I find it funny that people are willing to waste their time trying to offend someone who doesn't care one bit.

This is quite true. I honestly give zero f**ks about what these people say about me. Hasn't stopped TPR from being the most successful theme park site in the world one bit! ;)

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:27 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:
coneyislandchris wrote:Robb, have you given any thought to recording a series of Kimmelesque "Mean Tweets" parodies featuring some of their comments? Seems like the sort of thing that would go viral fairly quickly!

I totally support this, although I doubt much of the content would be "PG-13", haha. I missed the note about the bus as well...the comments people have made are ridiculous and delusional. Having spent 10+ hours on a bus with other TPR members in Texas, I'd happily be on a stolen bus you guys! Snack time, bingo, quality video, jokes..

This thread is better than "mean tweets." No need for Robb to bother reading their dumb quotes when they are all right here for us!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Sidra » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:54 am

People and what they choose to spend their time on is funny. I'm glad you enjoy it, loved the shirt you wore on Knotts day at WCB this year.

I have to say that packing meme was funny though, I lol'd

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:28 pm

coneyislandchris wrote:Robb, have you given any thought to recording a series of Kimmelesque "Mean Tweets" parodies featuring some of their comments? Seems like the sort of thing that would go viral fairly quickly!

I don't think I have any interest in doing something like that. If I'm going to waste my time with any of this, I'd much rather just laugh at certain specific posts. For example this one I saw posted....
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 10.54.17.png

So I have no idea what this person is talking about. I've never heard of "Roller Coaster Expedition" and from what I can tell, the only correspondence I've had with him is when the dude bought some DVDs from us in 2012. His account on the forum is still active today and never has been banned. Zero clue what he's going on about, but hey, if this is what he wants to believe, not gonna break someone of their weird little fantasy. Whatever makes people happy. ;)
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:28 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby gmann88 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Thanks for sharing Rob! This thread is comedic GOLD!!! No wonder you don't do the trips like you used to.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Joe Schwartz » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Some people are totally unable to deal with moderated discussion forums.

But with all the abusive comments that get posted, I think it's extremely valuable to block them from this forum and TPR's other social media.

I love craft beers like Bud Light

Postby bbomser » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 am

I'm a few days late to the party, but this thread is absolutely hilarious. ALl of this with the knowledge that Robb and I have talked about our mutual disdain for other people. Truly hilarious.

If I'm ever feeling down about myself, I just remember that people like this exist. Makes me feel better about myself (but worried for humanity :wtf:)

As for the original post, try to ignore as much as you can. There will always be haters who are jealous of your success. I'm a firm believer in karma, and it'll get them eventually. Take the high road and be the better man.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MagnumVoyage » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:04 pm

Fun read! There will always be people out there not happy they can't do things that others can.

I will admit I am jealous that I cannot travel like you, Robb! BUT, I am not going to start things because of it. It's great that people can get out that much! I see things here that end of on bucket list. I love the content of this site!

Keep up the great work!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:17 pm

MagnumVoyage wrote:Fun read! There will always be people out there not happy they can't do things that others can.

I will admit I am jealous that I cannot travel like you, Robb! BUT, I am not going to start things because of it. It's great that people can get out that much! I see things here that end of on bucket list. I love the content of this site!

Keep up the great work!

Thank you!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TheGreatButteryToast » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:36 am

I ignore them usually and I do not give them any attention. Sooner or later the'll stop :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Alvey