TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasters & their most MESSED up moments

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... Lots of interesting posts. I was expecting to come home and see a topic with maybe 2 or 3 replies, this is cool to see everyone's opinions. Anyways, by messed up I kindof meant a coaster that does crazy stunts, or unusual stuff that gives you just an INSANE feeling. But hearing some of the "messed up" stories from people sounds weird too...

I think I went through some posts where someone said Mummy, I couldn't agree more. Mummy is simple but the launched lifthill into the airtime/WTF?!/Turn thing/hill is NUTS. Not only does it have crazy airtime, but its just weird! Same with reading about Chiller.... Those Premiers and their Top Hats... Mr. Freeze backwards was maybe one of the most screwed up tricks you could put on a ride.

-Justin "Keep Them Coming!"

I am so jelous of all of you guys who've gotten to go on all these crazy coasters, good and bad. The best place ive been is SFMM.

I think the most messed up ride on the planet is psyclone at SFMM PERIOD. Once my cousin and I got on it, and he's a pretty skinny kid, and we were in the front part of our car, this lady behind was well, kind of large, and so her lap bar did not go down very far to say the least, and so guess what? neither did ours. this is before, some reason i do not remember there being that thing in between the passengers, to make each spot like your own personal seat. anyhow, i could be mistaken. but all i remember is looking at the attendent and asking why my lap bar was still a good ways from my waist and he rolled his eyes behind me and i truned around and looked. man, now i knew why they called em thrill rides. we were holding onto eachother screaming for dear life. on the damn tight turn we clunked heads, kept smashing into the sides left to right. another time when i went with friends, behind me all i could hear was "my balls. my balls" because of being slamed side to side so much.

my brother got stuck in the middle of one of the drop things in flash back once, he said it was uncomfortable, and that they when they were trying to fix it they almost unlocked the restraints. his friend was crying and he was too busy laughing and taking photos of them stuck on their side.

theres a coaster in the saharrah in vegas, man, when we were waiting to get on it we were talking so much crap, because i mean c'mon, how good could a hotel coaster really be? but the take off on that thing is so forceful each time i rode it i felt like my neck was going to snap off.

and viper, that thing shakes as bad a cold chihuahua. i smacked my head againts the shoulder restraint so hard i split the skin on my ear, i remember getting out all dizzy and an attendent rushed me and was like "OMG ARE YOU OKAY!?!?!" and i was barely regestering anything at all and she looked terrified. they had first aid come and thats when i realized i was bleeding, it wasnt like horrific or anything, but it was enough to drip down the side of my head and smear across the collar of my cheer uniform. free tickets and dry cleaning for my uniform and i was fine...

I would say my craziest moment would be having a roll back on the Wild E. Coyote kiddy coaster at SFOG. The train was to heavy for the wheels on the hill into the station to pull the train back in, after sitting there for 5 mins as the ride ops tried to get us back in (the rubber tires at one point started to smoke) finally they just released us and we rolled back down the hill and around the small helix then back and forth for a min untill the train came to a rest in the final banked turn before the hill into the station. After waiting in a 30 degree banked turn for 10 mins, a maintance man with a ladder came and got us out. I never would have thought my first roll back would be on a kiddy coaster.

David

Teh Wild Mouse at Blackpool. It SO many messed up moments,

-You have duck on the lift-hill if you're quite tall to avoid sometrack..

-There's some very violent airtime followed by the sharpest turn EVER, the result is you're still in the air when the car turns to the side..

Basically the whole ride is just messed up.

Klondyke Old Mine PINFARI looper (now closed) At Drayton Manor

The first time I rode On the loop it gave me a massive ear ache and messed up my head which made me miserable for the rest of the day!!

It was a rubbish 'theme park' when I went, but when they built GE-Force, im sure its better now.

Im quite a fan of Pinfari but that one just hurt.ALOT.

I am so jelous of all of you guys who've gotten to go on all these crazy coasters, good and bad. The best place ive been is SFMM.

I think the most messed up ride on the planet is psyclone at SFMM PERIOD. Once my cousin and I got on it, and he's a pretty skinny kid, and we were in the front part of our car, this lady behind was well, kind of large, and so her lap bar did not go down very far to say the least, and so guess what? neither did ours. this is before, some reason i do not remember there being that thing in between the passengers, to make each spot like your own personal seat. anyhow, i could be mistaken. but all i remember is looking at the attendent and asking why my lap bar was still a good ways from my waist and he rolled his eyes behind me and i truned around and looked. man, now i knew why they called em thrill rides. we were holding onto eachother screaming for dear life. on the damn tight turn we clunked heads, kept smashing into the sides left to right.

Is this post for real or are you joking?

Psyclone has individual ratcheting lap bars, meaning it doesnt matter if a larger person was behind you or next to you, your lap bar would have still come down. The only coaster at SFMM that has restraints that lock in a single position for the whole car is Goldrusher.

I think this myth is busted.

Ok probably the most messed up thing of coaster history is the fact that Goliath/Titan (y'know, the Giovanola rides) even exist. I've ridden Magic Moutain's Goliath once, and Titan 3 times, and even though it's fun it's still mind boggling, to say the least.

Superman Ultimate Escape: 100mph! I know there's Kingda Ka etc. nowadays, but still, going 100mph on a coaster is outrageous.

I don't think this is outrageous, but all my friends do: on any Batman the Ride when you exit the first loop, get thrown into the so-called 'zero-g roll' and then right into the next loop, all in about 20 seconds.